music im NOT listening to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this isnt a music thread as such (well i cant manage to get tunes on here anyway, im computer crappy)
    ive always been big into music and kind of see my life through stuff ive been listening to at the time. ive been looking for things to play and notice loads of my music is depressing sad stuff. when i was drinking i would wallow in this stuff, almost feeling good that others felt as miserable as i did. even though i really like a lot of it musically i find i just cant play it anymore as it takes me to a dark place that i dont want to be in. since being AF ive started playing a lot of reggae stuff.... no i dont have a cannabis habit as well, im just finding it really chillin' .. and im finding myself dancing about. so for the time being im gonna have to ditch the radiohead and leonard cohens of my tunes and get my happy tunes dancing in my head:dancin::dancingskel:inkele:
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Spuddleduck, that's funny, me too! Actually I've been listening to it a few years now, but I thought maybe it was because I was so old, and had heard all my old music for so long. Within the reggae genre I can go back 30+ years to the present, an it's all "new" to me. I love the variety within the whole of it - I find even the most serious stuff uplifting on a bad day - but then that's what that is about (the spiritual aspect). But I love all of it (and some dancehall). :dancingskel::dancingskel::dancingskel:
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hey spud!

Nothing wrong with a little Bob Marley to get your day going
      Here you go: REGGAE.COM - The #1 Place for Reggae Music from Bob Marley to today's best Positive Roots Vibes plus Exotic Travel, Reggae Music Events, Music History, Reggae Artist Features and PositiVIBES for a REGGAE Lifestyle.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Spud, I hear you about the tunes. Some music we do tend to listen to a great deal when drinking for sure, "the great gig in the sky", for example. I have been listening to progressive rock as of late, Genesis, Yes, Rush, it's great music, and being sober I can appreciate musically how difficult it is. I think I will bust out some reggae today though, good idea.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
        X