Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right - I am going to give giving up sugar a darned good try! I have talked to my brother (he is one of us too!) and he has sorted out his eating and said to me to give it a week - he said that I really will feel better once I get sugar out of my system. I need to eat more protein - gal last night in chat was talking about protein powder. I WILL do this. If I can stop drinking I can do ANYTHING. We talked about changes to make and what to eat and I AM NOT going to drink again.

Thanks for the venting option here.

Jean
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

there you go vent all yo want and hey thats the key knowing what you really need to do for yourself and glad to here you have a loving brother to help you out when needed .. as for sports sorry not really into any .. but enjoy
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My ASS is back and back in gear!

Haven't visited this site for months but finally broke down and saw the doctor for meds and have been going to AA meetings as well. Sober since Tuesday, June 22! Trying to stay spriritually focused and avoid TOXIC FRIENDS! Have a happy sober day all!
        I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

WELCOME! MG 29! Great start on a plan. Have you read the Toolbox? A plan is ALWAYS so good when we know we'll be tempted. I'm in the pool daily with a beer drinker, so I have my iced tea, iced water, or (don't be mad T!) diet coke! :H Stay with us a while, there are great people here.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sunshine, there is actually a condition where you need sugar to sort of balance yourself. I vaguely remember it, will research it for you. You can buy it in a powdered form and mix it with liquids of your choice. It MAY help you stablize, and help with your cravings. May be tomorrow before I find it, but I know it's available through Health Food suppliers.
            GREAT JOB on your sobriety!! Don't through it away now, because I know you'll regret it tomorrow. It's SO hard to start over, but most of us have. I'm on the case for you, honey!!
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

OK, WARNING: most of the following pics are great, but the one of me in the pool with Tink could make a blind baby cry!
              Batheing Beauties: Left-My Maddie (12), My Tay (16), BFF Britt (18)

Sadie, the Pool Dog, on her float

Hubs performing a blow job on a float and Sadie, the pool dog (NOT AT THE SAME TIME!!!)

Pool Daddy

Don't let small children see this!! Me and Tink in the pool. (that's a tree shadow on my leg!)

OK, if you still have any vision left, don't forget a new season on Intervention begins tomorrow night on A&E here. A mother teaching her son to be her drinking buddy. Have a great day, everyone!!
              sigpic

Comment

kool ruby nice pic's and hey dont forget true blood at 9est lol..
                welcome married and nicely done keep it going girl

Comment

Great pics Ruby.........I'm still contemplating my daughter catching that damn Bridal Bouquet ! Ha! IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey all !
                    Just checkin in b4 someone kicks my ass.... grrrreat sunny Sunday here.... slept in 4 a change...mostly cos up late in chat. Hey did u guys ever meet there in the end ? Sorry...i mean you people !!!
                    So 2day mostly lolled around...what sundays are made for... sober that is. Jesus sometimes get flashbacks to day after day after day hungover...curtains drawn...feeling like complete shite... like some festering thing... Sober life rocks !!! Lolling is now a pleasure & a priviledge. In between lolling...made chicken soup with Ma... turned the compost pile... watched the footy just 2b patriotic. Man we were crap...sorry but... a few inspired minutes then the usual...no defence 2 speak of...Germans deserved their victory. Yes the disallowed goal was a travesty & makes the whole footy association look like morons stuck in the dark ages... If tennis serves of over 100 miles speed can be judged in or out in seconds then surely a bloody football sized thing 12" behind the line can be too !!! Man I love a good rant...realised 2day when watching match...cos not that in2 footy really... hehehe

Massive welcomes 2 Sunshine & MG !!! So good 2 have you along & wanting 2 keep ur asses in gear.
                    Sunshine... soooo with you on the sugar thing ... after about a month af I realised was feeling like crap & had a headache for 10 days etc etc... so cut most sugar out & cut down on coffee... just simple foods... felt better within a day or 2... highly recommend change of diet
                    MG... sounds like ur doing brilliantly there... you have insight & clarity at last huh ? Keep taking those proactive steps & ur recovery will amaze you i'm sure...
                    Maslow... great 2 meet you in chat today... even though too short. Hope all goes as well as it can in court 2moro bud... just stay as dignified as you are here & you can do no more. Will be thinkin of you xxx

Super Sunday Shifting 2 all...
                    Keep safe
                    Gold x
                    :sun:

Comment

omg i didnt read that IAD she really did now you ARE IN TROUBLE BUDDY heheheheheheh run for the hill hide your wallet ,play the lotto go to vagas lol .. r tell her she will have to get married on her own

Comment

Tony, I won't even scare the H out of you telling you what daughter's wedding cost 12 years ago. Would'a bought a nice car!! Hold on to your seat buddy! This is gonna be a BUMPY RIDE!!!!:H
                        sigpic

Comment

Like I said before I told my wife at the time after she caught the bouquet........."Rose could'nt you have tackled her or something !....Hell you were closer to her than me !" ha! IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

well the good thing is its only an old wise tail and they dont always come true

Comment

Maybe. The next year will tell. But IT'S COMING!!! And daughter and wife will go completely INSANE. I remember during our 8 months of planning (and daughter's wedding was perfect, some still say the most fun wedding they've ever attended!) I'd tell Hubs I needed a check, give him an amount, and he'd say 'WHAAAAAaaaaa????' :H
                              sigpic

Comment

I told both our daughters if they would elope we would give them double presents LOL
                                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
                                X