Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry - I was still doing my post and when i got finished I saw yours SOBS! That is such a sad name!! Oh - from your e-mail, you DO know each other and live near each other???? Tirgs - you are Roger? And you are visiting Ruby? that is so nice! Or am I misunderstanding - I feel as if I am coming in at the end of the movie and making everyone explain the whole plot to me - sorry people.

Maslow - I am getting the general gist of your situation and I wish you well with it. It must be really hard for you right now. Crab grass has taken over everywhere this year it seems! I cannot seem to keep up with my garden this year, what with the early heat and the humidity that we had, and now just the heat - the ground is like concrete and nigh on impossible to weed.

Off to the ironing - enjoy whatever you are all doing!!

SunshineXX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

sunny....Topa and I did not agree....I could not stand being a space cadet......I have only been on bac four days so hard to tell anything yet
      I am married and have two teenage sons.
      None of us here live close to each other....Roger and I are in Florida, Ruby is close to Atlanta, and Vicki is in Mississippi. IAD is in Baltimore and Mas just joined our little family and live in...get this...Normal, Illinois!!!! I love that....Normal!!!! Shoot he may be close to wherever you are in Illinois.
      Sitting here eating Asian noodles and watching ANOTHER movie with my boys
      I swear I could read and watch movies and do nothing else.......

wow....when did i become a couch potato???
      Night all...you know how much i love you

oh yeah....Man who go thru turnstyle sideways, bang cock!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

no worries vick i have my lap top ill be bring..which it works as long as i can pickup on someone internet..wireless
        hey there maslow great you are staying busy and cleaning house and everything in time will all turn around for you have faith and believe in yourself ...
        sunshine for me being af is the only way .. i love al way too much to stop at one and 24 is never enought.. but i have my ups and downs and as long as i know what i want in life ..ill be af for the rest of my life and dealing with every step with a clear head
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

oh yes sunshine my name is roger and im going to be heading up north to visit wit vicky and then ruby and a few more friends along the way ..got my whole layout and plan and will be getting the gps ready.. to start the trip ..

Comment

Are you passing near St Louis?
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

not sure have to look on the map ...

Comment

Thanks MB for explaining everyone. I am near St Louis, but the Illinois side, in O'Fallon. Normal is about 160 miles NNE of us (I think), so not terribly far in the grand scheme of things. It sounds rather nice actually - sitting eating and watching movies.... enjoy! I never did get to my ironing. My youngest daughter (24) came over for a chat (she lives about 8 miles away and moved out about 2 months ago) and ended up having a nap on the couch! She has just left. I miss her being around and I think she misses being here. But she comes over now and then which is nice.

Comment

Sunshine....I'm AF.....but I was AF for 5 years before I fell. So one must always be guarded.....One day that I'm AF is one more day that I'm truly free... IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sunny, it's hard for many people in different parts of the world to fathom how HUGE this country is. Rog and I, Vick, and MB are between 6 and 8 hours driving apart. That's close by American standards! :H
                    An outage for Hubs means when they shut down one of the huge power generators for routine maintenance. It's done on a strict time schedule, since it costs the company hundreds of thousands of dollars every hour it's off-line. Hubs is the big boss over all outside contractors, anyone not directly employed by the company. He wields a lot of power and control there, and when he comes home, it's hard for him to remember who the REAL boss is here! I've run this home almost alone for over 30 years, and two cooks spoil the cooking!
                    Don't you worry about me and MB. Ya'll are part of our little family, and we take care of our own here. It's great to have you here.
                    Got my new Southern Living magazine today. I luuurrrvvvve that magazine. Often has stories about my hometown. If ya'll want to see pics of where I and my family for generations live, go to Tiggers Travels, since when I hosted him for a while, I posted pics from here and the cabin.
                    Rog, I have more projects than you have time and I have money. When I write my bestseller, I'm hiring you fulltime!
                    Again, sorry I missed naming some of you, but please keep checking in. Mimzy worries!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby - I had to laugh - when Himself first brought me to America, we had friends in Washington State, and we were in Michigan - so I said to Himself that we could go to visit them one weekend - and he frowned and said "How?" -so I said "We could drive over Friday night, spend the weekend then drive back Sunday evening", and wondered why he just hooted with laughter! You are right - it is hard to fathom the immensity of America until one lives here for a while and gets to understand it!

I would take (American) friends to England from Germany (where I lived for a while) and when they got back to their friends on base, they would tell their friends "we drove along the whole of the bottom of England in an afternoon!!" So, it is all relative!!

Iad - must have been dreadful for you when you fell after 5 years!! How long did it take for you to stop again?

Comment

Sunny, we had an exchange student from Spain, and when his brother and friend came to visit, they wanted to 'drive over' to California!! I cracked up!! Asked if they wanted to spend a week going one way!? We're near Atlanta, Georgia!
                        There are ranches in Texas and Montana it takes a whole day or more to drive across. Yes, we Americans take a lot of pride in 'From Sea to Shining Sea'.
                        Tony (IADS) had a rough go for a while, but he's a real winner. Like Rog (TLRGS). We're so lucky to have them, and many more, strong people here.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sun......Off and on about a year.....That's after failed AA meetings......I found this place and it gave me the ambition to really stop ! I stopped for a good while about 6 months.....then I had a relapse. I'm back on the wagon again though.......I usually don't count my days, etc. It's just my thing....but it's been about a year or so. ( When you've gone through 5 years and fallen.......time just does'nt seem like a big deal.....anymore.) That's just me Sunshine...I know that days and time means a lot to everyone else....and I'm for what ever helps you ! Welcome to our little thread and hang in their...we're here to help each other ! IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

I know I say that I am 6 months AF but I have never counted days - I felt that by counting days I was hanging onto it! Making it important - everyone has their own way and I couldn't do the day thing. On here, I need an answer when people ask how long AF - 6 months is close enough. For me, it seems unreal that I have done any time AF! For a week or two just recently, it looked as if I was going to relapse, came here, then went into chat but came back here and for some reason, without actually doing anything, you have all stopped me! So thank you. All of you. I think just by being here - maybe just by taking my mind off it - I don't know - but whatever works.

Comment

Anyway I am no good with all the time zones - I should be, I have lived here long enough - but I am going to bed, have to be up early for work. Thank you all again - just for being here. You are all lovely people who have helped me more than you know recently. Sleep well all of you.

Hugs, Sunny!

Comment

Morning all
                                Took me forever to get caught up the kids obn all eve yest. Sun I have 2 daughters 12 and 13. I am AF most of the time and on antabuse most of the time. I'm probably 5 hours from Rubes and 3 hours from MB and 8 hours from T. I havent been on this thread long and just getting to know everyone. Rubes that sounds exciting to sell out and move. Never getting any younger. T I am a big fan of paper plates and I just cram all the laundry in one of the giant washers at the laundrymat.haha IAD have fun at the beach. SOS getting some alone time is wonderful. Mas good luck with the basement...I have to get Rosie up soon,her orthodontist is treating all the kids to the movies at 9 A.M. Guess I will not be going on my walk today since my heel hurts bad and am limping. Will have to ride my bike. Later on bird

Comment

Working...
                                X