Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldie, sending you hugs and support. We've missed you. This is tough, I know. But call on us here when you can and need. So sorry about this. I went through so much with my parents, and miss them everyday. (But I'm stuck with Hubs nasty-tempered ones). Hugs to you love. You're in my prayers.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

oh Goldie...I am soooo sorry for your troubles. Is Mom depressed???
      Rubes...as the mom of two boys I can promise you they are fascinated with their wee man rocket...and all things gross and nasty...........farts, etc...
      My sons LOVE to talk to about "stink biscuits" (farts) and female body parts just to shock me...I usually just laugh though...I am a terrible example
      Vicki - you will have your kitchen soon....Rubes...are you ready for company???
      about to get into traffic and head home
      love you all to pieces....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Dang! computer went WANK again and lost my post. Just was saying, you're all invited here, any time. We'll catch or find our fresh food. Can't wait to teach Luke about country cooking. Planning on some real, buttermilk soaked, fried chicken. And I'm SERIOUS! Take planes, trains, or automobiles, just come. It will be a FUN, working, week.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi all - me here again. I seriously considered getting some Guinness but got some M & M's instead and ate the whole packet. (all right - packets!). Panno - MB, Ruby, Goldie - all of you - the meds just help the symptoms, nothing can help the C H failure itself. My F-I-L had it too, but they kept taking him into the hospital to drain the fluid. Doubt that they will do that with Maggie. Researching it on line, they say that she probably has at most a year - but I am not sure what sort of quality she will have. She can barely walk as it is - we go out for a walk now - we have a park behind us and I DRIVE her over the park to the wood behind it so we can walk in the woods - and she is pooped after five mins of walking. Dammit. I know she is just a dog but none of you know how special she has been to me. This is SO hard! I need to pull myself together and go and get some more M & M's!
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Way to go Sunshine......Like they say...."A freak like me needs only sunshine to be free !" Keep fighting Hon ! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sunny, I truly do understand. They are our friends, companions, trusted protectors, but SO much more. Looking into mine's eyes, when I'm distraught, alone, half-crazy, I see the love, support, unconditional friendship only a dog can give. When I was home alone, and my Daddy died in the middle of the night, just hours after I left him, I returned home to an empty home, and my Wolfie was waiting, watching me, grieving with me. I cried hard tears into his fur that night, and knew he was with me through it all. We're here for you, honey. You are a great dog momma, but this is a horrible time for you both. Your baby knows, feels, your love, your mood, your grief. And when she goes, just make it as painless as you can for her. I know dogs go to heaven, because they are SUCH a part of my God's love. And I believe I'll see them again, along with my other loved ones. In my whole half-plus century, nothing and no one has been as steady, comforting, dedicated, selfless as the dogs who have been part of me. I feel ashamed I'm not being the momma to them they deserve. But right now, pamper her, love her, look into her eyes. And never second guess yourself. She only wants you to be happy, safe, and to love her back. It's as heartbreaking almost as losing a child, but she will KNOW how much you love her. My prayers, love, hugs are with you. I dread losing another, but while they're here, I treasure and adore them. Hold on, honey. And let her go to the golden, painfree fields to wait for you. PLEASE, PM me if you need me, love.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you Ruby - you've got me crying again!!! I have been on the computer all evening seeing how long she might have and of course, I can't tell. Dear Ruby - thank you for all you said. Yes you do understand - she is flaked out beside me - her usual place when I am home. I think today exhausted her. I have never had a dog quite like her before - like my 18 year old cat that I had to have put down last year - out of all the cats we have had - he was MINE. She is the same. this is going to be SO hard - thank you flower - your words are much appreciated. And now I think I need to sort her out, sort me out and get to bed. early shift tomorrow. Thanks again. I should sleep well - after many tears and lots of M & M's!!

Hugs and love, sun
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sunshine......My little buddy "Max" ( my first Chi) died way too young ! ( 7 years) That little dog was the best dog I ever had......I bought another Chi..."ACE" he has taken to me like a brother ! I swear...anybody from my family that comes near me and he's their.......he growls ! My kids tell me that I'm his bitch ! ha! That little guy follows me everywhere ! I know how it is to care for any animal the way you do....because my dogs were my best friends.....IAD
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks IAD - I am feeling somewhat better - the meds seems to be helping already as her coughing is much improved (coughing due to fluid in the lungs apparently) and so the diuretic has helped that already!! Problem still there - but Maggie is feeling better (well I think she is)!! Off to bed now - thanks for your story! Makes me feel I am not so daft for being too over the top with Mags!

hugs, Sun X

Comment

Sunny, you are both in my prayers. And I know how much Tony loves his Chi. Rotties get such a bad rep, but I've never had a bad one, only ones who love and want to protect me. Like I said, my security blankets. Let me know if you need anything, just to talk whatever. You know you've given her a wonderful life, and when it's time, just be with her and let her go. I'll look for a poem I have about this, and post it for you tomorrow. Ghandi said, to paraphrase, 'how we humans treat the creatures of the world determine who we really are.' And she knows how much you love her.
                      sigpic

Comment

well im dead tire got the tile just done with the help of luke ..all thats left and to shoemold and trim which will happen when i get up sometime arond 10 amd yes im going to try and sleep in ...well i catch up on everyone tomorrow night night love and hugs luke and i .. need sleep..stay strong and keep shifting forward
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

T......It's time to go back to your little boat and relax ! Ha! You been working too hard.......Catch some more of them Blow fish...make laterns out of them or something ...Ha! Take care...IAD
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sunny...i had no computer last night.....
                            My beagle Max was hit by a car and died in my arms 17 years ago and I still cry when I see a beagle...
                            Papa Bear had his dog, Dude, put to sleep when he was 25, and still get upset when he looks at pictures...
                            I completely understand your pain.....but Mags may have longer than you think......dont focus so much on how long she has...you will make yourself crazy......just keep her happy, warm and comfortable and enjoy all the time you have with her.....
                            and dont buy any Guiness.....you have come so far....
                            love you girl
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning all - thank you very much for your understandings and love to me! MB - I hit the M & M's instead BIG TIME. Felt quite hung over this morning LOL. Actually, after a good nights sleep - I do feel better. Now I am over the initial shock. The meds are already helping the symptoms - she didn't cough as much in the night and she seems happier, so as you said, I shall enjoy her as I have always done.

Once again -thanks all of you - can't stop now - got to rush to get ready for work. Love to you all!

hugs, Sun x

Comment

Rubes mentioned you had a Rottwieller......My Brother-in-law raised Rottwieller....My Father-in-Law had the best Rotty ever.....his name was Axel....(Brother-in-law's litter) He was so loveable....all the family kids played with him. They are very protective but Rotty's love their pack ! IAD
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X