Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, T! She's missing being outside!!
    Tell her I love and miss her!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hallo everyone. I too have had a very lazy day! I have done nothing today, which makes me cross - I feel as if I have wasted my day off. I had all manner of grand plans...the 3 hour nap was good though !

Biz - keep hanging in. It isn't easy - but it really is worth it. I have felt really flat today - hence MY 3 hour nap. I do hope that you get some sleep tonight - I agree with you. I need my sleep, but to have a drink would be taking a giant step backwards! You would be giving the body what it is asking for and so perpetuating the AL problem! Hang in there, you can do it. What was the open house that you were sitting at?
      Hey Bird - nice to see you again - glad things are going well.
      Time - nice to see you here too. Welcome!
      T - hope that your canoe didn't give you as much hassle today. How is it coming along now?
      Ruby - I found two hot spots on Maggie's paws too - her back ones, at least I think they are hot spots so must take care of those. Dear old dog. Sounds like Gracie has fun with you....
      MB, Goldie, IAD, Vicki - how are you all doing? Nora? It has been such a quiet day on here.

love and hugs, Sun xx
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi all - quick check in to say hi. Haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone. But just wanted to say hello.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Where is everyone?? We need some check-ins from all you shifters!!
          Hope all you True Blood devotees caught last night's show. Some real freaky s*^t going on!!

PS: I asked Berit and Sadie if they miss you, Rog. This is their response.

A Cicada 'skin' (shell). They are used for medicine in China.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good Morning Family
            had a long, hot day at the lake and then came home watched True Blood and passed out...
            hope everyone is ok
            at work, will check in later
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Yea.....! First day of Football (USA) Training Camp !! That means that Baseball is on the down side ! Thank God for that !! The Orioles have stunk it up enough this year ..........I'm ready....bring on them disgusting Pre-season games that nobody wants to watch ! Ha! Hay college Grid Iron is starting up too ! Maryland U. .....got to get them discount tickets from my daughter to some of them games ! Ha! Gear Shifters...let's move on ! Tony
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good Morning everyone hope all is well. YES I slept last night ya man hope this part of my journey is over and I will sleep like a baby from now on. sunshine Can't find that book they say they don't make it anymore not sure what to do. Leave it to Bever to partner with my Boss to build a custom home for 1.5 million just before the crash.................... Now it is down to 1.2 and I just want to get my capital out of the deal so I sit open house every Sunday form 1 to 4. Yesterday was a waste as I had rain and thunder storms most of the time. MB how are you doing? Vickie hope you are doing well did not see a post from you hope all is well. Got to go try and make some money see ya tonight be good.

Comment

Biz, daughter just bought a house in very upscale community on Lake Lanier (Georgia) that was originally on the market (2 years) for over $800,000, and they got it (no appliances) for under 4. The community was about half finished when the crash happened, but all the amenities were completed as well as the first phase of houses.
                  One of my best friends is a realtor in N. Georgia and she told me she made less last year than she had in 20 years. It's tough everywhere. My best tenant (the only one who pays regularly,in full) called to tell me she's moving to Florida next week! I have one I'm evicting who owes me more than $5,000, another who still owes part of JUNE'S rent, another who complains constantly. I HATE the rental business!
                  Sorry for complaining a bit. I know everyone is struggling these days, and the size of a problem is directly related to how close we are standing to it. One good thing to come from this: Hubs has decided he can't afford beer every afternoon! We'll just tighten our belts a little more, won't hurt us to take a long hard look at where our money goes (when we have any!).
                  Hope everyone makes it a good day. Get out there and find the best in it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah things are tough all over my job went to hell the past 2 years think they sold 1 plane this year and usually sell 30 or 40. Almost the whole plant layed off permanantly and just kept a few of us around to keep up the shipping orders. Picking up very few gigs either the past few months. Thinking I will do some volunteer work in the bandroom this year and maybe pick up a few students that way. Used to be a mentor but found it very difficult will try to stay on the music side this time.....Sun I love those naps. Not good to get too tired. T your canoe is beautiful. MB glad you had fun at the lake. Have a good rest of the day everyone, I have to go in to work awhile will take the kids and they can get on the treadmill and hang out while I work. Get them away from the house...bird

Comment

good morning been on the go most of the morning and just stop in ..to say have a great day one and all ... stay strong and keep shifting forward
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Just for laughs..

DENVER (AP) — A bear got into an empty car, honked the horn and then sent it rolling 125 feet into a thicket, with the bear still inside, a Colorado family said. Seventeen-year-old Ben Story said he and his family were asleep in their Larkspur home, 30 miles south of Denver, when the bear managed to open the unlocked door of his 2008 Toyota Corolla early Friday and climbed inside.

A peanut butter sandwich left on the back seat is probably what attracted the bear, Story said.

It's not unusual for bears to open unlocked doors to cars and houses in search of food, said Tyler Baskfield, a spokesman for the Colorado Division of Wildlife.

"It happens all the time," he said. "They're very smart."

Once inside, the bear must have knocked the shifter on the automatic transmission into neutral, sending the car rolling backward down the inclined driveway and into the thicket, Story said.

The door probably slammed shut when the car jolted to a stop, he said, trapping the bear inside.

Neighbors had called 911, and deputies freed the bear by opening the door with a rope from a distance. It then ran into the woods.

Story said he'll need a new car because the bear trashed the interior while apparently trying to find a way out.

The bear also left what Story called "a present" on the driver's seat.

"A nice pile, actually," added his dad, Ralph. "Something to remember."

Baskfield said such incidents are worrisome because they endanger the bear as well as the public. Wildlife managers trap and kill problem bears that learn to scavenge for human food and garbage.

"Food was left in the car. It's troubling for us," he said.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good Morning all! Just got home from Monday morning meeting at work, then go back in this afternoon for closing shift - might go out and attack some weeds - my garden is looking SO sad!
                          Biz - I am so pleased that you got some sleep. the world always looks brighter when one has been able to sleep! Did you keep the book that you had bought or return it? That must be the only one that he has out now - it is probably as good as the first one - maybe better. I do still recommend it, and will tell you about the Goblin. LOL Sorry about the house - I would imagine that you do feel rather worried about it, but as the others said, it is a very tough time right now. I heard on the radio that people are actually leaving jobs now - which is a sign that the tide has turned - or is turning. they feel it is 'safe' to do so to look for another job whereas when the economy is really bad, they all hang on to their jobs.
                          MB - hope your passing out was from the heat and swimming?
                          Bird - I don't usually nap - I hate wasting time, but yesterday I could NOT stay awake!!
                          Ruby - loved the pics - they made me smile!! I agree - where is everybody??
                          IAD, T, Goldie, and EVERYONE - have a wonderful day, I think I will be good and get outside for an hour or two and clear at least some of the jungle that seems to be accumulating in among my flowers!! the storms have knocked a lot of them down too. SIGH!

Hugs to all, Sun xx
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Ruby.....i just saw that report on that bear on FOX News. They interviewed the kid and his father.....Funny ! Ha!
                            I've taken my Van to have work done on it again today.....left it last Friday...Timing Belt, oil change and check out my air conditioner ! well it went back today the air conditioner is shot and they need to sure up the oil filter or gasket from the timeing belt ! Oil happening here ! I waiting to hear about the air cond. to make my decision of weather to get a new vehicle or not !! story at 6:00 ! Ha! IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yes. Mother Sunni
                              I passed out from heat....too funny!!!!!!!!!!
                              IAD...GET A NEW CAR..you deserve it....get something sexy like a Porsche...I am sure your sweet wife would not mind!!!!
                              GOLDIE....big kisses and hugs to you sweetie...you have always been there for me!!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hubs has been torturing me for years to get a new car. I just go out and wash my old ramblin' wreck! :H
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X