Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man its raining like cats and dogs here today .. had to switch things around and im trying to get my ex's car work on and they are finding more things wrong with it .. she not happy .. but while it was up in the air i look for myself and it all need to be done so just waiting for the price .. well its so great to see so many getting ready their ass in gear .. welcome one and all
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hey all

Just a quick check in as i get ready to go in for my 3rd 12 hr shift, full of energy, a miracle..............guess i am just excited about the trip, definitely looking forward to getting away!!

love you all, :l :h thanks for being here, plan to be on chat again tonight, really helps me to kill time, love those australians!!

MA:l :h
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hello all! T - great updated thread title! My ass is officially in gear.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

SpiritGirl;836470 wrote: Hi! I would like to get my ass in gear as well... I feel SO much better when I am AF and HF (hangover free)... When I wake up in the mornings and think about alcohol, there is nearly a FEAR that I feel - like "No! Not again! I don't want the headache, I don't want to spend an evening drinking and getting nothing done - including making dinner for my children.... Don't make me do it!" BUT - the bewitching hour hits (5-7pm) and I think, it such a nice night for a glass of wine - and after that first sip I don't stop...I just don't get it! I feel great when I don't drink - I feel terrible when I do...It's not the first glass, it's the 2nd bottle... And unfortunately, I don't stop after the the first glass... I can't...

So I would like to avoid the first glass today (and for many days after)... I want to STOP completely.,..I don't want to moderate....I don't want to make it 30 days... I want to stay AF for 30 days every month! But I am going to start with today....Today I will not drink - and I will make dinner for my children...
          Hi Spirit,

That's an exact description of me! Just keep coming here, put one foot in front of the other and think one day at a time.

Spam xx

Comment

SpiritGirl;836470 wrote: ...It's not the first glass, it's the 2nd bottle... And unfortunately, I don't stop after the the first glass... I can't...

So I would like to avoid the first glass today (and for many days after)... I want to STOP completely.,..I don't want to moderate....I don't want to make it 30 days... I want to stay AF for 30 days every month! But I am going to start with today....Today I will not drink - and I will make dinner for my children...
            For me, it IS the first glass that is the problem. If I have the first glass, then I WILL get to the 2nd bottle and all the glasses in between. The ONLY one I have to worry about not having is the first one.

I'm not going to drink today either. Dinner??? Today Mr. Doggy is on his own. He loves that though - LOL it's the only time he gets frozen pizza, his favorite food. :yuk:
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks DG - you're absolutely right - it IS the first glass that's the problem.... I feel so good today - no wine and got lots done today... I hope that I can accomplish what you have - it seems unfathomable to me, I just don't know how you did it, but am always inspired by you..

....But I'm here, and I am not going to drink today...
              God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

SpiritGirl;836707 wrote: Thanks DG - you're absolutely right - it IS the first glass that's the problem.... I feel so good today - no wine and got lots done today... I hope that I can accomplish what you have - it seems unfathomable to me, I just don't know how you did it, but am always inspired by you..

....But I'm here, and I am not going to drink today...
                awesome job spirit just one day at a time ,, take it easy ,eat right and stay busy

Comment

yay

Great job Spiritgirl!! :goodjob: We are happy to have you here, and DG, good to see you here today............day 5 was great, looking forward to 6, will be here at work all night, so chat is my BEST friend, after I get all my charting done I usually get on and they help me stay awake all night, this is the BEST place ever!!!!! :thanks:

Love all you guys, DEARLY!!! :l :h

MA

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    Spiritgirl, I really dont know how i got to three months, but i do know that i took each day as a new day. I dont count days because my problem is i tend to count a ahead of myself and thats when i trip over and fall flat on my face. It like i said on another thread im already worrying about xmas how im i going to get through without a drink Then i realise im still in that 'Deprivation mode' i need to get into the 'Gratitude mode' .......The think is with me i always make thinks hard for myself i have to keep reminding myself, easy does it, and to keep it simple. Keep up the good work it good to feel good !

Have a lovley beauitful day everyone.x:h
                    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

just home,

Now going to nap for a bit.............very very tired, just wanted to say hi.............glad to see everyone here................lots of love,:l :h

MA

Comment

good morning shifters .. well its another nice day here in fl .. they are calling for more rain .. which we need .. but anyway just stop in to say life does get so much better just give it chance and just do your best .. cowgal great job .. catch22 just keep on taking it one day at a time ...love and big hugs ..stay strong and keep thinking positive

Comment

Kicking Ass.......morning everyone ! Keep moving on ! IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good to see new faces here. I'm going through a bit here, but getting better. Dentist appointment in a few hours, and quite a few irons in the fire, so spending a lot of time juggling them all. Have a wonderful, sober day.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Bedtime here on the East Coast of Australia...and a sober bed time at that. I am readin Allen Carr's Easyway to Control Al book and although some of it is complete rubbish, some of it is making sense....especially the brainwashing part. I can remember my parents allowing me to "have a little one" so it was only a matter of time before I had big ones.

I am now trying to teach myself that AL makes everything worse NOT better. I really cannot think of anything good about AL.

Also, my body doesn't need it. It needs good foods, good liquids and excercise to take me happily through the rest of my life.

Comment

19 days AF. Have been kind of moody last few days. Strange.
                                I am on guard, know from past this can lead to drinking again.

I have completely accepted the necessity of being AF for the rest of my life.

BUT I failed to control drinking and be 'normal'. (I know that is alcohol dependency playing with my thoughts.) I don't miss the blackouts or personality changes AL brought over me.

Drinking 'seemed' to give me the energy to work long hours, be creative, lose my fears of not being quite good enough to accomplish my goals and succeed.

I must overcome these thoughts and recognize them for what they are....my addiction working on my resolve to be AF.

I'm on all the supplements, vitamins, and small dose of Baclofen. Just enough Bac to help with anxiety. If I go above 30mg a day I have SE I can't live with. I think the small amount has helped keep me calm.

It's just a bump in the road to get over. At least I know what is happening.

Husband has really come around. :h
                                Cut down his nightly drinking to one or two beers, although he is still sneaking the whiskey. I don't miss sneaking around to drink! He has complimented me on my AF days. Still doesn't understand my inability to count drinks, oh well, I do!

I have a very visible calendar. Each AF day I give my self a star. Silly but right now it helps me!:whee:

Thanks to all for being there!:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X