Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

is that your yard rubes??
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

No, but so many things are blooming here. I have a lot of azaleas, hundreds of dogwood trees, here. Wisteria is blooming wild in the woods, too, as are the wild azaleas. The wild mountain laurel will bloom next at the cabing, and the rhododendron.

sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hi all. gorgeous pics ruby. ive just planted a wisteria... its a stick, ho hum, guess ive got a long time to wait for the beautiful flowers. ive just got back from diabetic appt. really pleased my blood pressure is great, everything else is a bit wonky but being AF is a huge change for my poor little body and its work in progress
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Glad to hear that Spud. It defies logic what we poison our bodies with. I love this time of year, animals are all getting frisky, birds nesting, just a lovely time. Horrible for allergy sufferers, though. My cars are YELLOW!
            sigpic

Comment

For those of you who have children or grandchildren, I wanted to share this wonderful, FREE website. Since I joined, I get regular e-mails from it with easy, inexpensive crafts you can make with children. I keep a big 'craft box' for mine, full of tissue paper, scissors, crayons, markers, pipe cleaners, etc., and old magazines, cardboard tubes from tissue and paper towels, buttons, sparkly glitter, glue, ........ They love it, and if I hear the dreaded 'I'm bored' I say 'get out the box!' :H Hope you enjoy this, I do as much as the kids. chris@kidcraftsmagazine.com.
              sigpic

Comment

love the pics...as you know rubes I am a north georgia girl and grew up seeing all this beautiful stuff myself
                I visited the doc too and may have to quit the topamax....Ruby...how do you taper off this stuff??
                I have MAJOR topa dopa....almost a zombie yesterday (@125mg now).....breakthrough depression symptoms, and debilitating tiredness......this is just not worth it...so I am cutting back my dosage to see how it goes, but may quit entirely and go "au naturel" like lots of other peeps here...

Comment

Ruby,
                  Wow! Such beautiful flowers. I'd love to be sitting on the bank of that stream or pond. I miss the solitude of the country and rural areas!! I'd never lived in a city or apt before moving here. One bedroom apt in a part of the city that has really gone down hill since husband moved here 30 years ago.

I woke up in a panic this morning, feeling I had drank the night before!:upset:
                  I had gone about 40 hours without sleep (dreaded tax deadline, and my fault) and had just collapsed from exhaustion finally. What a huge relief to realize after a few moments.....I didn't!!:thumbs:

Yes...I know I will have to face my marriage and life here. I just know as I chalk up more AF days....that day is coming. I want to make any future decisions with a clear mind and heart.

You all have a great day today!!

Hot here in the south, looks like summer out there.

Forever thankful for you all!:thanks:

Comment

mama bear;837888 wrote: love the pics...as you know rubes I am a north georgia girl and grew up seeing all this beautiful stuff myself
                    I visited the doc too and may have to quit the topamax....Ruby...how do you taper off this stuff??
                    I have MAJOR topa dopa....almost a zombie yesterday (@125mg now).....breakthrough depression symptoms, and debilitating tiredness......this is just not worth it...so I am cutting back my dosage to see how it goes, but may quit entirely and go "au naturel" like lots of other peeps here...
                    Great to see you 'girls' here, sounding strong. MB, I'd taper down, like you said. Maybe your dosage is just too high for you. Let us know how you do, OK? Tell me again, where did you live in N Ga? I was on the phone with daughter, she's wanting me up there ASAP as they're moving this weekend. Depends on Hubs and how things are going for him at work. Don't want to be away if they drop a bomb on him next week. My doc, dentist, even tax accountant (:H) told me I needed to get away to the cabin and 'de-stress'. Didn't know it showed so much! We do have some big things in play right now, so I guess it's understandable.:l
                    sigpic

Comment

I grew up in Marietta....I went to Westminster High School until Dad took a job transfer to Columbus, Ohio....talk about culture shock!!!!....I thought you were on Topa for a while and had tapered off....that's why I asked....
                      I spents lots of summers hiking on the Appalachia trail and in Toccoa...I love that part of the country

Comment

I was on Topa, but switched over to Baclofen for several reasons. Our cabin is about 30 miles from Toccoa, and about 10 from the start of the AP.
                        sigpic

Comment

hi all. not only am i re finding myself, im also re finding my friends. as im bumping into people (i live in a small town) im stopping and chatting. when i was drinking i was in such an odd place i hated seeing people, cos of what i may have done/said/phoned etc etc. word has got round that im not drinking and people are being so supportive. i really thought i could never talk to people sober but now im chatting away merrily. i just bumped into an old 'pub' friend and made him late for the pub.invited me round for coffee and i now feel i can do that. im finding AF is getting better everyday
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

yay spuds!!!!
                            Rubes....did you find success with Bac??

Comment

Yes, MB. I was having to take a muscle relaxer when I took Topa, but switching to Bac meant I could drop the other med and use Bac for both reasons. Topa worked great for me, though, and Bac not quite as good with the cravings, but I don't really have them very often anymore, thank God!
                              sigpic

Comment

Good for you Rubes.......I just cannot stand the fog and will prolly wean myself off and then try something else if necessary....

Comment

Working...
                                X