Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunt Nina and Jack, 4 years ago.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi To everyone.x

theres been 8pages since i last post....

Just to let you know im thinking of you all.:l

Ian.... That pic of you on that cruise ship are you really sleeping? got to say you have a lovely friendly face. so when is your next cruise?
      Ruby.... Reading your post im glad your going to the cabin....you know im sure your dad is around you in spirit. :l when my bro pass away (17yrs ago) i could always feel him there next to me. one night i prayed and said to God if there is, life after death, please give me a sign, from my bro, well that morning about 5am, i was half a sleep and i felt someone next to me and he whisper my name and said it me Paul your brother im here! Shit Did i jumper out of my skin. Funny never ask for another again. I will Never forget that moment.
      Mr T... know how you feel about finishing someone else job that not been done right, my huby hates it if he has re-do someone else mistakes. Love the story about the old stove well at least you press a bottom sometimes i forget to turn mine on and wonder why the food not cooked.
      M"bear.... i use to cry a lot when coming of AL, it use to get me by surprise when im driving had to pull over the side and stop the car, or hate it if i was working and all of a sudden i would really want to cry and try to stop myself and then there would be a hard lump in my throat. so your not a psychtic at all ok !
      Saving grace.... what ever happens its always good to have a plan.:l
      sos,.... try not isolate yourself, sometimes i would do that when im drining or not drinking try and go for a little walk if you can.
      Good as good/ spudDuck.... reading your post you have both gone on a bike ride, the weather here is warm so today im getting my ass of this chair !
      Spam... if i do that 35miles ride im going to make a special soft cushion for my saddle.
      MA.... looking forward to reading your post seeing how you are getting on in south africa, have fun.
      Saturday after my AAmeeting i was talking to this guy outside and others, anyway i was saying good bye but walking at the sametime into the road and nearly walked into a car the guy pull me back, i know someone up there is looking over me i have had so many near miss it not my time yet! BUT must remember not to look behind me and look in front of me.

Have a wonderful lovely day everyone and take good care.:l
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Oh Ruby, Im so sad to hear of the loss of your Auntie Nina, Thinking of you !:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

:confusedmonkey:thanks catch...good to know I am not nutso!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My little Tinker is barking like mad at the ceiling! WTF She and Sadie react to my moods, and theirthisclose to me today.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Maybe Aunt Nina is there watching over you for a few minutes....

Comment

That crossed my mind.......
                sigpic

Comment

Just spoke with my Aunt's son, Terry. He said her liver failed on Friday, and the docs were thinking of sending her to Atlanta to Emory for a surgery to save her, but she was SO frail, and in so much pain, we both agreed it would have been cruel, and she was too weak to survive it. Terry said she was being kept heavily medicated, so she wasn't in pain, and she just stopped breathing. Like she did everything in life, quietly, no fuss. Thank you all for your messages and PMs. You'll never know what your friendship means to me, everyday, but especially this day. (Posted this message on the Army thread too.)
                  sigpic

Comment

You know how much we all love you

Comment

And thanks for the call, T. Your voice is always sootheing. Off to start getting the food planned I need to cook and plan my menu strategy!
                      sigpic

Comment

My 'amost 10 yr-old' granddaughter just called me to tell me how sorry she was I was sad. Makes me proud(er) of daughter for teaching her children and leading by example to be caring, loving people. I just had to call my aunt's best friend and break the news to her, very hard. At least my momma's family are not drinkers; there will be NO AL at the wake.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ruby,

So sorry about the passing of your Aunt Nina and that you are going through this added stress and pain.

It's so wonderful you have your family and they all pull together to help you and each other through these times!

Take care......sending love your way!

Comment

Ruby, I am so sorry for your loss. I love you!
                            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Again, thank you all for being by my side today. You've helped carry the load.

She would not believe the people whose life she touched, in her quiet, gentle way. She was 86, and her life was never easy. She gave everything to the people she cared about, and NEVER complained. Strange to see how you can send condolences on-line; she's at the 'good' funeral home in our town, McKoons, which I took a picture of for the 'Tigger's Travels' thread. I believe she and Momma would come back to haunt us if we took them anywhere else. :H As the day has gone on, I've remembered more and more of her quirky little jokes we shared. With her, an era has come to an end in my life, but what a wonderful part of it she was!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,:l

Ruby hope all is well with you, been thinking about you alot, you are in my prayers.
                                Take good care of yourself ! x

Comment

Working...
                                X