Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all!

Just my daily check in!! Doing fine, it is cool, windy, beautiful here at the beach in so africa.................having a blast, going out to a nightclub tonight and been af since well before leaving, what a new world!!! What a new Mary Anne!!! I know that wonders are going to come out of this trip, beyond my wildest dreams, cooler than cool!!!!

good to see everyone here today, and love and hugs to you all, XOXOXOXO :l :h

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

:cheeringWonderful MA
      Good to get away from all the drama at home for awhile isn't it!
      So nice to read your updates!
      love .....SG

Comment

Hi everyone,
        It good to see everyone is doing fine..
        MA....you really do sound great in yourself im soooo please your having a wow of a time good for you.
        Well this week and last week i have been attending a lot of group meeting and AA meetings its keeping me on the right path, it funny i do have a good laugh with the people i have got to know. I know at the end i will become a much more stronger person in myself, but this will not happen over night a lot of work by myself has to be put into it to make me understand my deep inner side, it so good to talk .

Take care ALL and have fun the weekend is here...... big :l to all of u from me.x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Good morning to everyone! Catch, you are discovering life, realizing your value to society as a sober person. It will give you more and more confidence to expand your world.
          MA, freeze those moment in your mind for pulling back up when you are feeling down. It's wonderful you have having such a great time. I hope you're thanking God everyday that you are here to have that opportunity.
          T, hope you feel good today, and get some great job offers. I'm trying to rest, but have a luncheon later I really don't want to go to. However, it's for my daddy's older brother, who is having serious surgery Tuesday. So, get through this day, and hope the next few days bring my chance to escape to the cabin. The only down-side to that is I'll be out of contact with you for a while.
          Love and kisses, all.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good morning everyone .. ok today i have to get to work ..sue got doc apts and all i do is a drive bye open the door and drop her off ..
            saving stress can be hell at times .. but just keep on doing your best and handle everything that comes at ya ..cowgal you sound so happy and im happy for ya but going out to a nightclub please be careful and have a plan and stick to it love ya girl i only want the best for ya ..
            catch22 .. awesome girl keep on looking deeper you will be learning alot about yourself..
            and mb i havent read an update on the job interview ..
            ruby make sure you get some good ruby timew and relax for a sec or two ..
            well love and big hugs to one and all .. have an awesome day
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks for asking
              Job interview was great...but I was keyed up and anxious...it was over three hours long and went into the witching hour...I had not eaten all day and guess what.....mama grabbed some beer...4 beers made me a drunken monkey and Papa Bear was not happy with me, but he is ok this morning....
              should hear something by Monday and meantime I have to fight those awful urges...they are killer...
              have a great day everyone
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Get that monkey off your back, MB. Let's look into diff ways of dealing with stress, OK, Love?

I've been surfing the net and have found lots of recipes/instructions for making the rose petals from my aunt's flowers into beads, that I'll string into a necklace for her. Someone made me one when Momma died; I don't wear it, it's in my display case (by the cup and saucer T gave me!:H). It is a sweet reminder of a loved one.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

wow...i would love to see a picture of that necklace Ruby...what a sweet memento

Comment

Good day all ! Hope everyone is perky this morning...........Ha! ! IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tony, how many asses do you have!!!! :H
                      sigpic

Comment

mama bear;841825 wrote: wow...i would love to see a picture of that necklace Ruby...what a sweet memento
                        I'll take one of the one I got from Momma's flowers. Hopefully, mine will turn out as well. Aunt's GD is a stunning, 5'10 19 y/o who was raised by her daddy and my aunt, and she's really realizing as time goes by what she has lost. My daughter gave her several contact numbers and plans to have her come up and visit, maybe help her get out of her daddy's bubble (raising her alone, he did a fabulous job), and I asked him to come to the cabin with me for a break. He took me up right away, so I'll start making a plan, with a couple other cousins. Anyway, was wonderful to be sober, contributing, helpful, complimented (I thought I looked like the 3 R's (raped robbed runover), ) but got so many hugs my ribs hurt! :H There were some hurtful personal issues with my bro and sis, who ignored me, but it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. I have no guilt there. If there's a problem, it's their problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

Families can be ridiculous can't they???
                          I have always been the peace keeper.....I just don't understand spiteful people that hold onto grudges and actually NOT SPEAK to you at a funeral.....good thing I wasn;t there.....grrrrrrtrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

You had ask Ruby.....take your pick...I have all kinds of ass ! Ha! IAD
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, I wasn't really going to post this, but, as i said, there were some strange things. Bro was OK, we spoke some. His wife, who I like a bit but she is, thick, if you understand, is about 50. Still attractive, but she had on a tight, very short black sun dress, thong sandals, toe rings, etc. Sis has had cosmetic surgery, dressed basically the same. They speak to the people they know and like, and stand on the sideline. Just my style, I guess, I go out and embrace the room. In our tradition, the family only is gathered in the room for about 5 min before the casket is closed, and everyone was standing around, just waiting for.....something. My cousin was by his mother's casket, but he is SO socially inept, he didn't know what to do, so I walked over and hugged him, said I wanted to tell her last goodbye. Then her siblings came. Finally, her son, who is terrified of showing emotion, and his daughter stood there. I just backed out of the way, but when I saw he was trying to wipe his tears, handed him a tissue.

It's hard for me to understand why people don't truly reach out, with their hearts, to see what others need. I know I was born the caretaker, but really? Why are some people SO absorbed in themselves they can't see someone else??? I have an earth-shattering newsbreak for them - you are NOT the center of the universe! :shocked:

I'm sorry I've devoted so much time to my issues this week. I can only say, this gentle little woman was SO special to me. I took her meals, listened to her 'gossip', searched for 'good' tomatoes and so much more with her. It was her time, and she was ready, but I will be SO much the better person in my life for having been blessed with her.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ruby I wish I had relatives like the kind you have. I never seen much of mine cause my father was in the Army. ( Never really got too close ) It's ok to lament the lost of someone you dearly loved. You were truely lucky to have a person like that in your life. Celebrate that Ruby........best wishes. IAD
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X