Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Jack ....he looks like he went 12 rounds with Manny Pacheau. Hope he's feeling ok ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

He says he's fine, just loved a little babying. He wants to be a REAL super hero when he grows up. At the bear park, he made sure none of us got too close to the railings. But, since these bears are used to food being tossed down to them, they beg, so he thought he had taught them tricks while we were there. I couldn't believe he asked the guy to put that snake around his neck. Ry and I stood back and watched the show!! :H
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Wow, I had to go back 12 pages to catch up! I'm so happy to be back! I missed you all terribly but I had a very nice visit with my parents! Pink Angel, panno and boozer, welcome! Please read "You can do this!" under "just starting out". Boozer, you are right, none of us can stop at one drink but we all can stop at having no drinks. It will get easier with time sober. The only way I could do this is to stay right here on the forum during those times I normally would drink. If possible, keep alcohol out of the house and stay busy, busy. That's the key. MB, so awesome you experienced God's presence in Walmart. He is always there for us to strengthen us, to revive us and to carry us when we fall. I hope you got paid and your job is going better! Ruby, I am so happy you got to rest at the cabin and that you got to spend time with your grandchildren. I know that was a beautiful and thoughtful memorial for Mary Anne. We were all there right with you in spirit. I enjoyed your pics. I wish someone would tell me how to post pics. Good, you have so much wisdom and inspiration. Thank you for your encouraging words! Catch, you are such an inspiration to us, too! Thank you for sharing the beautiful inspiration and hugs with us! Roger, I have never heard you so down and out and I am very worried about you! Please do whatever it takes to get yourself better! I know medical stuff, doctors and hospitals are a pain in the ass! I live in constant pain and I have to deal with doctors everyday and it is no fun! Yesterday I had to go to a doctor that ran electricity down my nerves and then stuck needles up and down my arms and hands and it was so painful! All this to confirm what I already knew, that the nerves are dying and I am going to lose function in my hands. I had this done to my legs, but the nerves were already dead and I did not feel it! I got very discouraged and upset and I am through with doctors and tests! I have been a diabetic all my life and I am beginning to lose function in all my body parts. There is nothing they can do about it, so why have all the tests? You on the other hand, have something that can be treated and you better do whatever it takes to get fixed! I understand it is not a good time to quit smoking. I am down to my last pack and have been dreading it! I do not want to quit smoking, it is the only thing I have to relax, but I am going to quit as soon as I convince myself to do it! Smoking is not going to kill me, diabetes is, so what's the point? $50 a week is the point! We will quit later, Roger, whenever you are ready! I have been thinking of ways to do it and I think encouraging one another will help us do it together. Well, I had a great Mother's Day! I spent 3 days with my parents. They are so old and depressed and negative about life. I tried to be an encouragement but I'm not sure I was. Oh, well, today is a new day and I plan to enjoy it and thank God for all of you in my life that keep me inspired and encouraged. I love each one of you so much! I am going to start praying for each one of you everyday. I always pray for you whenever there is a problem, but why wait? Maybe prayer will prevent some of these problems. I hope you all have a wonderful day! I love you! Vicki
        I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vicki, so good to see you. Glad your back. I've had those tests, even on my neck and spine, and I'm embarrassed to say I fainted when they stuck the needles in the back of my neck. Scared that 14-y/o doctor silly! :H
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Welcome Hone Vickie...I missed you!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm concerned about our T-Man. I can't remember when he didn't at least check in! If he doesn't show his pretty face soon, I'll call him! :H Ya'll might want to check out the pic I posted today on the 'Mary Anne' memorial thread; there's a little pic of us when she came to the cabin. Still dealing with the reality. Seems like the Alan Jackson song I posted, which he wrote when a young woman who ran their household was killed in an accident, said exactly how I'm feeling today. Alan has a beautiful way with words.
              sigpic

Comment

Ruby....he's having a hard way to go to get Health care.......I quess it takes up all his times....IAD
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

I know he is. I only wish I could make it better for him. I just worry. You guys are great to recognize what our fearless leader needs. I'm still kinda sensitive, I guess, from the things that have happened in my life the last 4 1/2 months. I thought it was 4 losses, but my youngest g'daughter, Gracie, reminded me today when we talked we had lost her 'Daddy Harry', her other g'father. He was a wonderful, interesting, outgoing man, and I agreed we HAD lost a lot when he passed away last month. So, not looking for sympathy, but it's been a tough year so far, and I'm having a bit of a time getting through it. With the other things life throws at me each day, it's a strain to be a 'giver' always. Sorry, just a little vent. I'm good here. The day is finally wearing down, nothing else expected tonight. Thank you all again, for being my inter-galactic family!! :H
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope Roger has been getting himself checked out and finding out what he needs to do to get himself healthy. He is always looking out for everyone else and never even takes the time to think about himself. He sounds like a "Mom"....LOL Seriously I have also had enough sadness and sickness for my freinds this year. Roger...be well....XOXO

Comment

Good morning everyone,
                      MR T, hope everything is alright with you, i hate trying to ring Doctors or especially hospitals, when they give you a different number to ring before you know it you have about 5different numbers and the last number you have rang give you the first number you rang in the first place, try and keep calm, Miss you not being here or not seeing your name in the user section.
                      vicki...good to see u back, sound like you going through a lot of pain, im going to pray for you tonight and everyone else on mwo.
                      Mb... dont over do working like crazy can make us crazy .
                      Time ...lol MR T, Mum, This year not been a good year... i can remember saying to MA in dec that the year 2010 is going to be our year.:upset:
                      I still have a pic of MA and her 2sons in my bag that she give me with her xmas card, for the last two years we been sending each other xmas cards. going to miss her so much does not seem real.
                      Ian ...IT good to always see you around love reading yor post... like MR T.

I said to my brother the other day wHy are we here, i said to him dont say it read the bible, or what it stands for.....He seems to be really close to God, Last week i heard my brother and someone else at AA say this, The closer you are to God you really know when you are because you feel the devil is at work as well trying to over take, does not want you to get close to God. And to be honest when i was in my teens when i did feel really close to God, i always use to dream of the devil trying to over take. Never know why i was having those dreams, But it makes perfect sense now. my brother keep saying that he has visions, he does scare me sometimes because what he says seem so true and real.
                      Got to go, inlaws are coming round later, so i need to clean the house, b4 i go to work dont want them to think im Lazy or that there something wrong with me.

Keep safe everyone and have a peaceful day.x
                      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Good Morning Family
                        I will say a prayer for Rog today...he will check in soon.....
                        I fell asleep at 8:00 last night...I was whipped from work.....
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Glad you got an early rest, MB. T will check in soon. He knows we'll find him if he doesn't.
                          Catch, I don't try to explain my spirituality to others; it just IS what it is. Our hearts and our actions, much more than words, tell who we are. I have no real fear of what comes next, just want to get every ounce out of life now. I gave too much of it to AL. One of my favorite (and shortest!) quotes ever is 'Choose Happiness'. So, today everyone, choose to be happy. It will make the day so much better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ruby your Right trying to explain the spiritual side of thinks everyone is different in there own special Why....Yesterday i was working and a friend at AA said to me if im alright, anyway without going into details she said Take it for what it is, the word keep going over and over in my head take it for what it is....( good days bad days)
                            Thanks Ruby.x need to go to another post if i get time.
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

I DO love to read the Psalms. The beautiful words feel like they are as meaningful today as they were 2000 years ago when they were written. I find a lot of comfort there.
                              Sometimes, we just need to find a quiet place for our soul to rest and recharge. Normally, the cabin does that for me. Just sitting alone on the back deck, listening to nature.
                              Have a great day everyone.
                              sigpic

Comment

I too like to get away and meditate at times. (this sign does'nt inspire much.....Does it !?! Ha! )
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X