Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, had 2 of the granddaughters all afternoon. Youngest just wants to ride the gator and pick wildflowers, follow me around. (She's the one who told me she knows I worry when she doesn't come over). While I made dinner, she asked me what she could draw. 15 peices of paper later, front and back, we have a whole lot of art!
    Jack is still in a lot of pain when the meds wear off. His parents don't won't to give him much, they are so careful with drugs, but I can't stand for him to hurt since I know he doesn't complain. I told my SIL I'm not worried about him becoming a drug addict at 4, make him feel better NOW. I can't say enough this child does NOT complain! They're going to his regular doctor tomorrow for a check, and referral to the BEST ped orthopedist they can find. Still waiting here to see if I'm going to need to shift into grandma mode and go stay with the others. Poppa called and cheered him up, he ADORES his Poppa. Pop had a bad day at work, heads are rolling but not his! He took the weekend off and those working TRULY F'd up. It will cost the BIG boss money, and make him very uncomfortable with corporate. As of Friday, Hubs is on vacation for a while, and everyone is scrambling now to find someone to take over his duties.
    Not complaining, but I'm getting pressure from about 50 angles right now. (Oh, FIL probably having surgery) and after a conversation with a friend I've decided I'm going to HAVE to be more selective in choosing who I and what I worry about. A VERY tall order for me, but it's costing me my health and sanity. And invading my life. I will never abandon you, my DEAR companions, but I can't take on any more causes.
    More later...........
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Wow Ruby...you have alot going on. Seems like everyone here does. I hope everyone can relax, reflect and find some peace. Have a great nite. I pray that Jack will be feeling better in the morning. Then he can live in a bubble.

Comment

TIME BABY and the same to you girl .. so hey tell about you what have you been up to and how you are handling life in general
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Roger
          You do not want to hear any of that. I do need to get some help at the house so we need to talk about payment arrangments before we can agree on work. I will be paying and you will be accepting or I can find someone else.

Comment

oh i love when a lady gets alittle bossy lol .. well you got my number and right now im not doing much so now the time if you want .. let me know and if you dont have my number you can find it in my web site..at the bottom of every post ..
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

MR T your son is really good,
              Ruby hope Jack is feeling a lot better to day should call him fearless.

i be back later !
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

I forgot to say Hi to every one,
                Hi everyone,
                i got to go again other wise i be late for a very important date, Right need to not be scared and pluke up courage, and say what i think that is on my mind but in a very nice way.
                See u all later again.
                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Classic - up at midnight writing a masterpiece of a post (!) then lost it :damn:
                  AND broke my 9pm curfew again for shutting down the computer. The 2 nights b4 I didnt sleep till 3am.. Boundries, boundries, boundries - my new mantra.

Glad u setting some too Rubes...
                  & so glad Jack has u guys watching his ass - sure sounds like he needs it! A few yrs ago the guy I was caring for was sent home from hospital after a fall. Had exercises etc. After a week no improvement so I asked for a repeat Xray. Turned out he had a broken hip! AND I'd been making him walk on it daily....Question everything (is one Mum taught me).

Yes, does sound like you & I were both the (self?) nominated spokesmen for our families. I felt I was peacekeeper, would protect one against other (small family, just me, Mum sis & nephew). Then I realised I was just putting myself in the crossfire & nothing was changing. Hey, over here, target practice :target:
                  So few yrs ago, during counselling, I told each of them I wouldn't discuss the other with them. At all. Ever. Life much more peaceful now. Gave me more time to deal with MY issues with al, not their issues with it. Jesus, it's so obvious now I look back - wan't only providing the target, I was handing them the ammo !!! I love those kind of learnings the best, the ones which are soooooo obvious once the lighbulb moment happens... Is like something in you knew it all along, just couldn't see the wood 4 the trees..
                  I bet ur book of poetry is an absolute treasure Ruby

T Luke rocks, & only 16 !! He could go really places with that gift.. You really should patent that suit. You'd make a fortune from parents of Jack-type juveniles. How did u get on at the hospital?

Mama , not a librarian here but, did used to joke 2 people that I was a filing cabinet in mmy last life - go figure! Hope you had very restful night. Do u have a plant close to ur computer? Gives out lots of lovely oxygen while u work

Bird, sorry to hear about chicken - while protecting eggs as well, so sad. Pouncer obviously not living up 2 her name.. That looking inside the eggs reminds me of the curiosity children have. Watched ur drumming vids last night - so coooool. How often do u play? Reckon u guys should come over in September when we get 2gether at Vick's :band2:

And Vicki you sound so GOOD lately. I also find ur words immensely encouraging. And like my Mum, you deal with constant pain which I just cannot imagine. I swear the real heroes in this life are NOT the ones up on pedestals, but those who persevere day after day after day after day. And somehow still manage a kindness & a smile. Bless you x
                  And yes I do sometimes have ideas for writing. Is just getting them out of the La-La Land that is my mind & down onto paper... May be a good new habit to work at tho. My sobriety is going to be based on a new lifestyle & outlook I now realise, much more than my beating myself into submission which was the original approach :bat

Catch hope ur date goes well x

Well cloudy today but warm. Soil still damp enough 4 a good weeding sesh
                  Let's get our asses in2 gear for another day on planet Earth
                  Love to all who follow
                  Gold x
                  :sun:

Comment

and yes, about TIME (hehe) someone gave Ts ass a good kickin - he's been around here waaaay 2 much this week..
                    Tony - piccy please?
                    :sun:

Comment

Good Morning Family
                      Ruby, I COMPLETELY understand about giving way to much of your self...that's why I stay close to this thread and the people here.....I am kind of tired of welcoming all the newbies.....sounds mean, but oh well..I have work, employees, kids, husband, house, pets, and money isues...
                      Time....where in Florida are you?? I am in jacksonville
                      Gold....I LOVE the idea of a plant and I am getting one TODAY......I actually thought about an aquarium the other day......
                      Sorry I missed you call Vicki...phone was in charger........
                      Papa Bear was to get a comission check yesterday that did not arrive, so now we are frantic about making the house payment.....this worry gets SO old....
                      ok....into shower and off to work...
                      I love you all
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning MB.
                        sigpic
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Morning Rubes...love you
                          how's jack
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning All. Hope everyone is coping.....Ha! IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm watching the clock for the minute I can call and check on Jackson Jones (1rst & middle names). I thought about him every time I woke up last night. I now my SIL is sick of hearing from me (he was house Daddy yesterday), and when I would call all I could hear were their kids and the neighbor's kids! Poor Daddy! I'm looking for a new Wii game for Jack (and Ry). Jack LOVES the Wii fit I gave them for Christmas, especially the obstacle course, bike, and golf. I hope the foot panel survives his antics!
                              Had a long talk with my sister last night, the first in months. She stays in contact with Hubs much more than me. Long story there, on her part. Awh, don't families all have drama??
                              Have a great day everyone. I have one focus today, my grandchildren and Hubs. Anything else will have to wait.
                              Oh, and every day when Hubs gets home he asks 'Have you done this/made this call/started this legal action/etc to do with our tenants. Yesterday he didn't, and when I told him I can't do anything once Gracie gets here (everyday!) but go outside with her, he said 'Good'. Really surprised me b/c he's always so driven!
                              sigpic

Comment

HURRAY!!!!! Just got a call from Jack. He said, 'Mimzy, guess what?! I can WALK!!!' He's still hurting a bit, but he's getting around on his own. I'm completely at peace with the world.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X