Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEY WHERES VICKY anyone heard from her
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Morning Rubes "Motorcycle Mama" Ha! And a harty morning to all. Don't you just love Mondays ! Hay...cope and keep your rear in gear........! Ha! IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey all,
        Took me 30 minutes to get caught up geez....well my kid had a concert yesterday she is in string class and it was really nice. I got to try out my new fancy tripod for my camera that I got at the thrift for 10 bucks and it sure made a difference in my video. So was really tired and got home and fired up the grill and tore into that beer. Hell. Then sitting outside and drinking and talking to my brother in anchorage who was drinking. Went in and passed out in the chair and my kid wakes me up at bedtime. Now not getting anything accomplished. Still, I don't want to take antabuse. I've gotta learn to do it without it. That is a wise post Gold and gives me a way to think about it. Antabuse works great MB ,to get some AF time in. I had to test it out when I first started and that can be dangerous. I tell ya though, I feel like I'm goin nuts sometimes when I've been sober for a long time, and I don't know how to stop feeling that way. How to have some down time without drinking, I always have to stay busy and I don't like that. Its frustrating as hell....anyway MB that wd40 thing could turn into something fun, all that slippery sliding haha. Hey I'm 49 too. Hey Mas, I know sanibel. I used to live in Naples and still have some friends down there. Tirgs, I used to live down your way as well. Played all over the place down there. I get alot of those drinking dreams. Not sure that I'd ever be rid of them. Maybe at 10 years AF.DA that is good on the mods. Might be worth a shot. I might try it myself. Prancy cangrats on 5 days. IAD enjoying your jokes and pics. Lucky you dont have the darn fire ants we have. Rubes, your photos are to nice. Riley is cute as a button. And Gold forgot to say I loved the video....later on.bird

Comment

well shit bird....the beer trap!@!!!!!!!!!
          Been there, done that...get up momma and shake it off and start over....
          that's all we can do.....
          Are you taking the supplements or listening to the relaxtion CD's?
          just a thought
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

WELCOME, Prancy and Drifty! Good to see you back again, Techie. Geez, I take one day off from posting and had to go back 11 pages to catch up! Yesterday was such a nice day. We got up, went to church, came home, laid around in the pool all day, cooked hamburgers on the grill and then watched the finale of Lost from 6:00-10:30. MB, so glad you went to the lakehouse for r & r but so sorry about your foot and arthritis. Believe it or not, that is one thing I don't have so don't have any advice, but I do hope you feel better. Ruby, I love LeeAnn Rimes and OMG, Kris Kristofferson, my fav when I was younger! Loved your family pics and posts! You are so beautiful inside and out, Ruby! You are so right about so many people reading posts but not writing or expressing their feelings. I have alot of people that pm me but won't write a post and I want them to join us so bad! I sent a post to a girl the other day that I am going to copy and post below for all those who want to quit and are trying to quit. Tony, here I am picking my first tomatoes and you haven't even tilled yet? Get your ass in gear! Gold, loved your explanation of Roger's dream. Roger, hope you enjoy your week at Sue's sitsters but I hope you can still keep up with us! I think Ruby is right, your dreams are nothing more than that little demon that wants to get out! Good thing you have him tied and feathered! Ruby, I live in Miss and we have oil all over our beaches! We bought fresh shrimp to put in our boil and the price was $2. lb higher than 2 weeks ago! Geez, I love shrimp and hate the thought of not eating it for a while! Well, I've got a ton of kale to put up today, so I hope everyone has a GREAT day! I love you all so much! Vicki
            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Originally Posted by sick of being sick
              Honey, you know that it takes pure determination and a desire to do this. It's like climbing a mountain, one step at a time with everyone around you reaching their hand out in case you start to fall. The key is to be on the site as much as you possibly can, ESPECIALLY when you want to drink! After that first month or even two, it is smooth sailing. Don't you think YOU are worth that? I know how miserable you are. I remember the guilt and the shame. I want you to be happy and really enjoy your life. It is one drink away from not having it! Now that I am out from under that dark cloud, I am happy for the first time in my life! I feel so good emotionally, physically and spiritually. I'm not sick half the time and I don't hate myself and constantly beat myself up like I did. Girl, I want you to have that! You never got to the good stage where all seems right with the world. You know the tools. One day at a time, keeping yourself busy and doing things you enjoy. PLEASE give this one more try. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!! I love you! Vicki

I hate this always been one drink away from being how I was before ...
              Tomorrow is another day..
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vicki...you are too good to too many people....

Comment

sickofbeingsick...loved your post re:reaching out. i do hope this individual decides to actively interact in the various threads available. thanks vicki you're a great person...techie
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Vicki-you are so full of wisdom and compassion.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi and hope everyone had a great weekend.
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

I know, I know Vickie.....I'm bad and lazy ! Ha! IAD
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

hey...has anyone heard from Saving Grace???
                        Tony...if you make me look at that damn hammock any more while I am at work, I am so gonna hurt you:H:H

Comment

ok back and at sister house now ..so good to see you vickym was going to start worry or calling you one and the other

Comment

ps hi tec and gateful and IAD GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR AND GET THE YARD TILLED UP BUDDY ..
                            LOVE YALL LATER

Comment

Hey, T. Glad you made it to your sister's. IAD - is that you on the hammock overlooking the Chesapeake????
                              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Yes Grateful....completely over looking the Chesapeake ! ha! ( No it's just a pic I found ) IAD
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X