Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This BB works part time. Raining a lot here but what fun! Wonderul time with fam, but Tink's glad Jack's gone. Back maybe Fri. Love ya'll.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank you so much, Roger for the encouragment! You are such an inspiration to us all. I know you are exactly right. I can no longer go to bars or even out on my brother's boat. It is just too much temptation. I don't know if I will ever be able to be in that position but I know I can't right now. I never knew that a trigger could be so powerful and overwelming and just comes up and bites you in the ass so fast! Thanks to all of you for your understanding and encouragement. You are all right, life is a learning experience! I'm sure there will be more shit down my path, but hopefully I will deal with it sober! You truly are all AWESOME!!! I love you all so much. Where is my MB and Grateful? Hope everyone has a good night. Love, Vicki
      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

I am new on the site but have been abstinent for almost 5 months. I wounder, sick of being sick, if you are still taking the baclofen and if so how much?
        As I understand it addiction is operationally defined as the inability to commit to abstinence in spite of the negative consequences and the most common cause for relapse is cravings.
        I went back over your many posts in the past several months and see the pattern over and over. Some days or weeks of sobriety, a serious slip, guilt and remorse, asking and receiving forgiveness and then throwing yourself back in the ring again.
        They say success is: fall down 7 times get up 8. I admire your tenacity and honesty. The truth can set us free. I drank regularly and tried hundreds? or maybe thousands of times.
        For me I became so discouraged that I thought I might never get off that vicious cycle. The baclofen has allowed me to act in the way I had chosen to act many times before.
        It is not a "miracle" it is my intention to abstain. It has been my intention all along, even when I failed. I failed because of unrelenting cravings which would come after a few days, weeks or months. With the baclofen I have been able to dampen the cravings. It gives my impulsive brain the wiggle room needed to think it thorough. It is so marvelous to be able to act in the way my best judgment intends.
        I use the baclofen to enhance my good judgment. I don't drink because it works.
        Anyway good luck
        Sunny

Comment

Sunny V........Welcome and keep up the good work ! IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

goodmorning everyone and welcome sunnyval keep up the good work .. and well not sure whats going on for today but it will be fun ... and well have a great day everyone stay strong and keep shifting in the right direction ..forward and positive
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Mama is here......Vicki...you have always been there to pick me up and now I am here for you......I am so glad you came back and did not feel ashamed to admit to us......now get back up and get your ass in gear....Lord knows I am trying to!!!!!
              I LOVE YOU...and everyone else!!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning everyone (depending where you are). I havent posted here before but think I may start. June is here already, wow. Why is it that the summer months go by so much faster than the winter months?
                Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful "AF" day! If not, never stop trying.

Comment

RR........Glad your here ! Welcome and keep posting.....IAD
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey all
                    Road, Sunny, Fennel :colorwelcome: The more the merrier !!! :groupluv:
                    Vicky - you'll be so much stronger 4 this & 4 sharing - Bravo !
                    Well bugger & poo, still having connection hassles...
                    How many cables can there be on this planet ??
                    How many passwords can i invent/remember/forget ???
                    How many swear words do I know ??!!?@!? Hehehehe - now that I can handle...
                    Keep safe crew x
                    :sun:

Comment

It is so wonderful to see some new faces in our little family! Hope you will all stick around! Sunny, thank you so much for your sweet post and your incredible insight. Congrads on 5 months! I really am not taking the baclofen. It never really did anything for me. I haven't had many cravings, just quit by pure determination. I'm not much into pills because I already take so much shit for my neropathy and other problems. (I am a lifelong diabetic) I've just go to learn not to put myself into situations that may cause me to want to drink. That brings up my next issue. We are suppose to go to my brother's condo for a week. I was looking forward to spending some nice relaxing days on the beach with hubby, but now that my partying, drinking brother is going, I don't really want to go, but it would be rude to cancel because he is going. I don't think I would drink so soon after this nightmare experience, but really don't want to deal with the stress. I still feel like hell, like I've been run over, but I've got to get my ass in gear and clean the house today and pick the garden. I hope everyone has a GREAT day! Love you all bunches, Vicki
                      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

Good...I bet I know more cuss words than you!!!!!
                        Vickster...that's a tough one.....i don't know what to tell you.
                        FENNELL...my furry friend......are u joining our gang now??
                        Hey sexy boys Tony and Rog....
                        and of course sweet Ruby...
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Please remember that cues as short as 33msec and subconscious can send some of us into intense cravings. I truly didn't know what hit me some of the times I "relapsed". I, myself, know that going into a bar or hanging out with certain people could incite a desire but what of the other cues of which I may be unaware?
                          This is why I take the anti craving medicine even when I think I have the "situation" under control. I am trying to "rewire" my responses, but I have to be able to see them before they take over my brain. The baclofen slows down the impulses and gives my thoughtful cortex the upper hand.
                          Have fun at your events.

Comment

Yes Sunny,
                            Baclofen has certainly made not drinking soooo much easier for me as well. I for sure would still be drinking had I not found it. I have been at those types of events - situations and have had no trouble passing on AL. (not saying that it is always an easy thing to do) thanks to bac. I would reccomend it to anyone that needs help kickin AL to the curb!

Comment

Dances with the Chi's ! Ha! Ace and his cousin Sasha......Where is everyone !?! Ha! IAD
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ok, guys, how much baclofen do you take?

Comment

Working...
                                X