Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mama,
    Thank you for the invite! While I admire many on this thread, I dont really feel like I am part of your family here - not that I wouldnt be welcomed with open arms!. I am actually considering leaving MWO, at least for a while. Seems like everything is about drama these days - I needed this place for support, which I recieved, unconditionally. During all of this, I have neglected my wife; I need to get my home life straightened out.
    I intend to stay with you Mama, as I want to be there when you say "I win!" I know you are close.

Comment

Road, sometimes it's best to really sort our priorities. I too have spent way too much time here, and on the computer in general. Real life IS out there, and that's where we have to live, and make it work.
      Please, though, if you do get a few minutes here and there, check in and let us know where you are. After a long time here, I've found this little thread, and our Yoda T, is where I belong. These are the most caring, inspiring, REAL people I know. It seems I'm attacked on every level in other places (not blaming anyone but me for that) and over the last years I've been embroiled in true life-and-death struggles that took a toll on me. That's the nature of the illness, but I know now I only have so much to give, and each person must face their on piper.
      These are the dearest people in the world to me, and we count you as part of us. Please don't leave forever, just go with love and acceptance and make your life a good one. This place, these people, have blessed me, and helped me move on past the train wreck I was 2 years ago.
      Love,
      Rubes
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good morning shifters just getting up here and so far so od on the storm ... just rain ... let it blow let blow weeeeeeeeeeeee... have a great day one and all happy friday ....
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Dang, T!!! What are you doing staying in bed all day?? :H That canoe isn't going to build itself! BTW, when are you coming to get some logs?? There's about 75 acres for you to choose from!! (course you have to build me one too, with a bathroom and kitchen!)
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Crap !!.....I forgot. It's Friday !! Yea.......I quess......Ha! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ya Roger !! Get up.....You don't want to feel like an ass in your boat ! Ha! Morning Bud ! Ha! Tony
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

I DEFINATLEY VOTE OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!
                How many beds do you have Ruby???
                And Road...please join us.....only special, genuine, non judgemental folks are allowed here!!!!
                God knows they have been puttin up with my ass for a while now!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ruby-thank you for letting us know about your father-in-law - and your friend's Mom. I am so glad that it is "only" a benign cyst....prayer works. Hope his pain is better. It's so good that you & your hubby are right there for your in-laws (I know-sometimes it doesn't seem good - LOL).

Mama-we don't "put up" with you....you silly bird! We love you and look forward to your posts. I'm really happy that you are doing so well-it's great that you ignored your cravings last night!

Road-Ruby & Mama are so right - this is a great group of people, so caring and definitely not judgmental at all. Hope you visit us anytime you want - day or night! You are always welcome here - our doors are always open!

Vicki-where are you, my sweet friend? APB time!!
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

you know she is either asleep or picking tomatos or figs!!
                    or fussin at Paul!!

Comment

Good morning, family. I'm sorry I haven't posted much this week. It's been a rough one and honestly, I'm feeling depressed. Things are fine with hubby. Thank you all for your love and encouragement. Grateful, thank you for calling me. You are so sweet and I love you to pieces! MB and Biz, I am so proud of you! Road, I got your pm this morning and I AM SO TERRIBLY SORRY that I have in some way made you feel cheated out of YOUR progress in staying sober and I am so very proud of you. You are right and I am wrong. I do not have 6 months sobriety. I have only been trying to get sober for 6 months. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! You obviously have a problem with me and I am so very sorry. Why don't you stay here and I will leave? I never want to discourage anyone and I am so very sorry I have discouraged you! I love you all very much and I am going to keep my distance for a while. I am so very sorry and I love all of you so much!

What is "Sober"
                      This thread was created in response to the thread "Sick of being sick is six months sober". I guess instead of addressing you one on one, I created a thread, to try to justify what I was feeling. I am done with this now, you do not need to reply. we have common friends and I do not wish to upset them. I just wanted you to know.

Then I found this post about me.
                      What the HELL is happening here ???
                      You and I have interacted before, in a positive way. The thread I started was not an attack on Moderators, and I do not have any illwill against moderators. Hell when I started this journey, thats what I wanted but i ended up on a different path. My thread was directed against one member and instead of addressing them personally, I took the cowards way out and posted a thread. My problem is not that some one is moderating and posted they were sober, my problem is that this person proclaims to be sober even though they have gotten drunk 7 times in the last 6 months and takes credit that they have been sober for 6 months. I have been in what I consider "sober" for the same amount of time, and I did not get drunk once during that time hence i felt that anyone can just post that they are "sober" and get congratulated for it. Modders are people who are or are trying to continue to drink but in a controlled manor. I have no issue with that at all.
                      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vick, we each have a journey. You have NO need to apologize for yours. We each have opinions, and we know what those are! We cannot be all things to all people, nor can we influence them past what they truly want.
                        You are a treasure here. I'd rather never post again than never see your sweet words here. Just be yourself. That's all we can ask for. Roadie will find the right level, as we all do. Let's go back to being lovingly supportive to everyone's journey, and focus on ourselves, in the most positive way. We ARE good people, fighting a bad thing. But our paths are different, as they should be. There is no judgement, no blame here.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok......Ruby....I'm begining to feel like I'm chopped liver around here ! Did I tick you off . ( I have that way about me sometimes ! Ha!)Tony..
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yikes...I go away for a few hours and all hell breaks loose....
                            Vicki...if You go away I am done too...
                            You have been nothing but kind and sweet and generous to me....
                            I don;t care if you have sober six months or six hours...in the great scheme of things it does not matter if you are happy and true to yourself and those you love....
                            I try to stay in this thread cause it's safe and loving.....Ruby is right
                            We are good people fighting a bad thing
                            I love you Vicks....don't get your feelings hurt......
                            Road is entitled to have his opinion and so are you

Comment

Is there room for one more here? I'm trying to find a home. I never felt I could come here because I am still struggling so bad and you all seem to be AF. Is there anyone here that is still struggling?
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome NoraC.......We are all struggling ! IAD
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X