Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a great conversation with my friend, Barbara and she had an awesome day, thanks to all our prayers! When we pray, He listens and He pours out His blessings on us! That is so exciting! Biz, I used to drink a fifth of vodka every night for 5 years with my huisband and then I came here and was able to stop with the help of this group. My husband still drinks every night, not vodka, thank God, but lots of beer. I don't crave alcohol at all. I just haven't learned how to deal with certain situations, like being around my family drinking or not being able to deal with some of life's problems, but each time I fall, I learn more and more and get stronger and smarter. I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS ALCOHOL DEMON! He may win some battles, but he will NOT win the war!
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

You will beat this SOS......Keep hanging on !

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not; for I am with you. Be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness.

It's that year at Washington Seminary College......yep believe it or not ! ha! Tony.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

ok done with the bondo and resin and was time to test how strong it is as you casn see 150 lbs dead weight in the center between two sawbucks ...and this is what i had to fix .. just becuase the resin had eaten it away ... and i have learned alot just messing and playing with this conoe conoe.. now on to the next level custom making the rails ...
        its amasing how a center bone and side router ribs into the 2"form and gorrill glue and two layers top ad bottom of friberglass is all it takes to make this conoe ...
        and well sounds like everyone is doing good keep it going everyone
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Well, a long day, SO FAR! Leftovers for dinner, but they weren't too shabby! BBQ pork, creamed corn, garlic mashed potatoes, seasoned grean beans, bread and tomatoes/Vidalia onions.
          Hubs is mentally worn out, came in yesterday and today and sat down in his place. Oh how I hate age descrimination!! He still does more than 5 others every day, bless his baby heart.
          Grace called with the exciting (for her!) news she has a new paint horse. She's been wanting a full-size horse for a while, and knew all the details. Came with a trailer, saddle, bridle, the works. My biggest worry is that her parents are ALREADY behind on their bills (esp to me!), and horses are expensive to keep. But she never heard that from me; she's sending me a pic, and tomorrow I'm going over to check Jazz out. I understand why my son wants to make her happy, she tries so hard, and I'm a sucker.
          Have to go clean my kitchen, make list for tomorrow to finish, treat TMB again, feed Big Gator (he needs shaving again, T! :H) get my bath, etcetcetc! Love you guys. Hang in there.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Roger....your not going to have "Pedro' test your canoe....are Ya !?! ha! IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

BTW, thinking of paying for a complete background check on this guy. Considering what he owes me, it's a bargain. You might be amazed at what's available for money these days. Makes me more and more want to live off the grid.
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

IAD;921574 wrote: Roger....your not going to have "Pedro' test your canoe....are Ya !?! ha! IAD
                Didn't know that was your middle name! :H
                sigpic

Comment

He's my alter ego Ruby ! Ha!
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    Fighting the damn air conditioner (again) today. Mangaged to get it done and done properly this time. I may have found a new career although messing around electricity doesn't really excite me. Being out in some storms sure didn't ease the comfort level either---lol, but that's the stubborn/stupid male syndrome. Always great to see progress being made and familiar "faces". Need to read back and respond to PM's, but long day, so signing off for now. See you tomorrow. Thanks for all the support, humor, and just for being yourselves. Be safe and start well!!

Maslow

Comment

Hallo all - well, what a day. I left work early as it was so quiet and took half a day - came home and refilled the hummingbird feeder. It is over a whiskey barrel - I use the edge of the whiskey barrel to stand on one foot to hang it - well, wood broke - and I have been the past three hours at Urgicare!! I have broken my foot and sprained my ankle really badly. Have to see ortho chap tomorrow. That is my day!

Haven't seen MB for ages - but didn't she say her computer was messing up? T - love the canoe! It is amazing what you do!! Tony - love the pictures - now I am going to have some spare time, maybe I can work out the pics on the computer? Biz, Paguy - great that all is well with you. Biz - you are doing so well - I am amazed at you and Paguy - you are both really strong!

Ruby - hope that you are feeling better after your vent - I do understand where you are coming from though. You must get SO frustrated. Maslow - how are you doing? good for you on fixing the AC - now isn't a good time to lose it.

Sobs - glad to see you back and fighting again! How is the pain doing? Have you gotten used to the meds?

I am about to take some pain killers and get some food I think - might check in later, might just go to bed. Love and hugs to you all,

Sun xx
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hi there sunshine soak your angle in some hot water and hope you feel better bye tomorrow
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks Rog - would if I could but they splinted it. Thanks anyway.

Sun xx
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Oh, Sunny! I've truly been there, and wish you the best, and an easy recovery. Won't tell you my tale of woe! :H
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning shifters. Sorry to hear about your fall and broken foot, Sunny. I hope your pain eases soon. I sent Mama Bear a pm....I hope she is okay-hopefully it is just that her computer is acting up. I'm so glad to see everyone doing so well...Biz, thank you for worrying about me...just been really busy at work and have extra chores this week due to in-laws being away and having to take care of their houses & animals. PA Guy-you are doing great, too. Ruby, IAD, Roger, Mas, Gold, Bird and my sweet Vicki-and everyone - hope today is a great day!!! Cinders-it is good to see you posting here, too. I have admired you for over a year and am inspired by your journey.

Off to get ready for work.

Love ya all,
                              G.
                              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

I AM HERE!!!!!!!!
                                Grateful and Vicki..thanks for the pm;s and the phone call.
                                I ate some salmon Monday night and started throwing up around 3am and spent all day yesterday in bed. GAWD,,,was I sick.
                                And my new charger showed up in the mail yesterday, so I have my laptop back.
                                Ruby...have no mercy with that eviction. I deal with this kind of crap all day, every day and I have pretty much decided that there is a whole segment of the population that lives on lies and cons. They will look me in the face and lie...deaths in the family, sudden illnesses, etc....I dont believe any if it anymore.
                                I know that makes me sound heartless, but that's what two years in the ghetto will do to you.
                                Again..thanks for the concern...jumping into the shower to get to work...
                                Sunny - I am SOOOOOO sorry about your foot.....OUCH
                                Rog.the canoe looks awesome!!
                                Vicki...glad u feel a little better...give the meds a few more days
                                ok...ass in gear and off i go
                                I love you all!!!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X