My first day of outpatient treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I was going to post this in subs, but maybe it can help anyone who hasn't subscribed.

I started my outpatient treatment today and it felt very empowering to do something so apparent and so responsible for my recovery. I am in a very small group with a high functioning group of alcoholics. I immediately related to a younger version of myself with the same husband controlling issues. I think we can help each other.

However, this is change and that always triggers me. When I was with hubby in ICU I developed horrible neck and shoulder pain with what I feel is a pinched nerve, due to extreme tension and his treatment of me. It's hard to push back when your spouse is receiving blood and dilaudin!

I still have the pain during the night and first thing in the a.m. but a warm shower helps alot. I felt like drinking when I came home, but thanks to the antabuse, I wasn't able to. My doc will see me Wednesday.

However, I have digressed. This post is about how surrendering to any patient care is positive.
    Enlightened by MWO

Hi All
    SK it is good taking the steps you need to get al out of your life. This site is not going to do it for all. This shows the commitment you have to getting sober. I know if I hadn't found success here I would have not stopped in searching for the key. Their are many roads and treatments to help us. You will succeed. I am sure of it.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Caysea, thank you. I saw your struggles and I'm so happy for you in sobriety, even though you lost and awful lot of material things, you have gained spiritually.

I applaud you for your struggle, I know it is so difficult to finally surrender to any kind of treatment.

I wish you the very best, and please pm me.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi SK,

Good for you for getting help. Stick with it!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

hi sk,congrats on making the decisions to make things better for you,i was in an out patient program years ago,they kicked me out,i found out why , years later in treatment,open mindness,i did not have,i,not like you werent ready,lifes trials and tribulations have a big part in our lifes,we can either let the low times in our lifes rule the decisions we make,or we can take control,you should be givin a big hug for what your trying to accomplish,again,i wish you well gyco

Comment

You have taken a great step in wonderful journey.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

So glad to hear that skendall. :l
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Wonderful!:goodjob:

Comment

Great news, SK... wishing you all the best!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good luck, SKENDALL. Keep us all posted on your experience and progress.

Winefree

Comment

Working...
                    X