• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling out of depth

:notes:
    Lion

feeling out of depth

Lion, I don't want to say you misread, but feel maybe people were just playing, not AT you, just having another conversation. There's no need for you to leave, and I'm sorry you're upset, but it was just a chat. Maybe this is a better forum to ask the question. Start a thread, ask it earnestly, and though you may still get some harmless joking, you will prob get a lot of others who are interested. I had to leave b/c I'm tired, had to close house, and am going to bed. But I DID answer, have nothing to hide there, and I feel like if you'll try it this way, things will work out. Try not to be upset, hon, nothing was intended towards you, it's just that chat gets this way at 'night' sometimes. Hope you decide to stay.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

feeling out of depth

ty ruby, i appreciate your words. maybe i am over reacting...idk. i did not mean for rog to say ' i am out here' type thing so i did get kinda insulted. cause i am not writing a book just curious is all. anyway, but especially from rog it hurt when i meant no harm at all i guess. he is the idol here on myo. i think you are right, it is late, people are ready for night night as i and you are, and no harm. but i still opt out right now to chat. i wil be available via pm anytime, i think i just need a longer break right now. love to you and all. heather aka lion
      Lion

Comment

feeling out of depth

Hi Lion, I think that Ruby and your second post, may have figured things out. It is not the usual "style" on chat for anyone to be mean. Sometimes it is hard to follow multiple conversations and it is easy to get mixed up, I do for sure.

I don't believe that being single, married, cheating...your relationship status causes one to drink. I would let anything be a reason to drink. No girlfriend, celebrating a new girlfriend etc. If we allow certain trigures, or feelings, be a reason to drink, we do. And the list of reasons why tends to grow with time it seems.

I hope you don't leave Lion, I have enjoyed chatting with you.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

feeling out of depth

hi lion,i think i would of chose lioness,but then im not a lady,addicted people have a habit of offending other addicted people,is it the addiction,or is it just the type of person they are,lion,young lady,i was not on chat,been there done it,youve made a good decision,dont go on till you realise,the people you talk to are sick,im sick,cause ive let a substance over many years,become a ruling body,and thankgoodnes not my soul, of me,it is an ailment of the mind,i hope you dont leave,it will hurt to see you go,just because ,maybe someone offended you,whatever they said,is there opinion,ive stopped going to chat,like i stopped going to AA meetings,not cause they didnt help,i got what i needed,the good and not the bad,over the many years ive tried to figure me out,i have to say ive never crossed paths with anything finer then here,as some have said,lern to use the board,write threads,read,get to no us,were a heck of a great bunch of people,you mt lern we have a great deal in common,hope it helps to keep you here gyco

Comment

feeling out of depth

One last note: Rog IS very highly held here, and for so many reasons. He is so dear to me I can't tell you; he's my brother in so many ways, and I KNOW he would never intentionally cause anyone hurt here. He was not responding to you with his comment, but in a joking way to another comment. I KNOW he will be so upset if this misunderstanding causes you to back away, and I know he is sorry you were upset. I've never met a sweeter, more caring, patient person, and his reason for being here is to help. Give him that chance, sweety. We come here with very thin skin, so sometimes (I know it happened to me), I have to wait a minute, assess the situation, then wait another minute. Your question is good - start that thread here, and I'll fill it up!! LOL
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

feeling out of depth

you are all right and i think i did have thin skin last night. I am the one sorry now...I KNOW rog would never do that to anyone at all. please forgive my idiotness all. i truly apologize....it was late, and i was prob in my sick way looking for rejection and i made it where i did not find it. i am really really sorry all! dont mind my sick mind cause it is slowly coming round to sanity!OMG the drama we create if we have none! i am really sorry about this all.
              Lion

Comment

feeling out of depth

Lion, I think that most of us have been in the same state of mind before.....alcohol does that to us and it sucks! I still cringe at the way that I would think and yes, behave or mis-behave when I was drinking. I also hate the way that alcohol tends to isolate us and make us uncomfortable and some what paranoid. Please know that we understand.....really! I hope that you stick around and continue to work on this with us. I just bet that you will begin to feel much more comfortable as time, and sobriety move forward!

Best Wishes,
                Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

feeling out of depth

ty kate, gyro, all, i really am so sorry. esp to rog, our idol. i am such a jerk and cant stand it. omg i got so paranoid for no reason. i am sorry so sorry rog esp and i hate dong this but when i am wrong i am wrong. it is what it is.........tomorrow will be better alll. heres looking forwad to it
                  !
                  Lion

Comment

feeling out of depth

No apologies necessary, Lion. Most of us DO understand, and want you to be here. One day it will be your turn to listen and help someone else who is trying to find their place here. Have a good day today!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X