30 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days

30 days AF for me today. I don't know why I feel so darned grumpy as I should be doing the happy dance!

:h getting better every day

30 days

Congrats Bell - it's a big milestone. You're allowed to feel any way that you please .. . . ;-)

Comment

30 days

Long time drinker....first time poster. Congratulations on 30 days. I have set out to accomplish that goal many times and have failed. But not this time, I want it, I want it for myself and need it for my family. Be very proud. I will join the 30 day club in 27 days.

I guess the idea is that it is best to be grumpy & sober than happy & drunk. Because the feeling is real. I look forward to simply having not drunken in 30! You've done good "the bellinator" I am happy for you.

Comment

30 days

Welcome, LGO. Bell, we have so many mixed feelings as we progress into sobriety. These are the emotions we've masked with AL for so long. At some point, sobriety becomes natural, and these fluctuations even out, and we begin to know what it means to experience life. Congratulations on 30 days!! It is a HUGE milestone, and one to feel so good about. Stay the course - it gets easier, really.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

30 days

bellinator......Congratulations!:goodjob:

The first week or two AF I was so elated. I wasn't drinking! I was focused on that fact alone. I was obsessed with not drinking, getting healthy.

It's now 22 days AF. I'm realizing sober I can get down and have a bad day.

My husband can be moody and unreasonable. He can take his problems out on me and I have to figure out how do I handle that without drinking? My immediate reaction is to drink. I don't want to feel this! Gee, I'm sober and why isn't everything great!!

Life happens sober also.

I need to learn again how to live sober. How to make my life as happy, as serene, as exciting, etc as I may want it. Problems are going to come up and I can't drink them away. I've noticed that the 'normal ones' don't get drunk every time a problem comes along. Gee....how weird my drinking mind tells me. What, they just solve it? What do they do?

Thanks for bringing this up bellinator. In the past I started drinking again over this very thing. I gave alcohol my soul. I'm taking it back now.

We have to learn to live without the crutches. We have to allow ourselves to experience feelings in our life. IMHO

:welcome: So happy you're here. I'm sure much wiser people will give you some advice on this. Stick around it really helps to be here.

Comment

30 days

Thanks friends! Good feedback! My mood is improving--your posts make lots of sense.
            :h getting better every day

Comment

30 days

Congratulations Bell thats great. It is only natural that your emotions are a bit up and down, your body, mentally and physically is going through big changes. Stick with it, it gets better and better.

Welcome LGO, you are in the right place to hit that 30 days AF. Well done on finding us and committing to change.
              Keep safe
              KTAB
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

30 days

Bel, many congrats on 30 days
                That is a fantastic start.
                When we are sober, life doesnt immediately get wonderful, crappy things still happen, but the difference is we can deal with them. Learning how to is a process though.
                Also, moods constantly change, its human nature and thats how 'normal' people are too.
                I have been sober for almost 2 years now and I can honestly say its the best. The highs are higher and the lows are not so low.
                Stick with it, learn to deal with ups and downs and you will get stronger as time goes on.
                Good luck and well done
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

30 days

The bellinator, awesome job, high five! You should really be proud of yourself, keep up the good work. I find myself grumpy as well in my sober life, it seems to be amplified some how - probly cause I don't water it down with booze. Have a great weekend,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

30 days

Bells......THATIS AWESOME....I AM SO PROUD OF YOU...HOPE TO BE THERE SOON MYSELF....
                    LOVE YOU
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

30 days

Congrats Bellinator! Learning how to live without running for the bottle every time we want our mood to be different than it is takes some time. Life will get better though! Keep on truckin'!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

30 days

hey all

30 days and beyond!!!!! keep on going guys, glad to see some new and some familiar faces!!!

lots of love, :l :h

MA xoxoxo :l :h
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

30 days

:happy: Here's a little happy dance for you Bellinator!
                          Congrats on your 30 AF days!!

I experienced a lot of different moods in the beginning too, it's all part of learning to live AF. Be patient with yourself, things will smoothe out for you!!

Hi LGO & welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                          Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for some support!
                          Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

30 days

Well Done On 30 Days AF, Bell! Remember, you are just beginning your AF journey. Oh, if only life became Pefect because we stop drinking......alas....life does not become perfect in only 30 Days. But, it is the beginning of huge changes! We no longer create additional problems with out drunkeness and hangovers. Our moods BEGIN to stabalize. We no longer sweep every uncomfortable moment under the rug with alcohol. We no longer put every uncomfortable situation "On Hold", by drinking.

Life will continue to improve...be patient and continue to work on those things that you want to improve! Change takes time!

Happy you are feeling better! Keep up the good work!
                            Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

30 days

Well done on 30 days,keep up the great work

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X