Thankyou everyone ... 18/4/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a fantastic site ..... thankyou everyone .... i have been drinking alcoholically for over 30 years ...... been on nal + campral for a while and have decided to stop drinking tom ......18/4/10..... i am a teacher and ed psych ...... but have resigned ....... no job after september 2010 .....looking to start a SMART group in Plymouth ..... where I live .... with AL services support...... any advice appreciated .... i intend to keep up this thread for the next few months of my journey ... dont see my 2 kids at present ..... boy is 13 girl is 12 .... used to blame ex partner ...... now I know it is me/AL ...... would be grateful for any support you can offer ........ plus obviously I am a Pompey fan !!!! Have a good day everyone ....... nice to know we are all around the world ..... xxx pm :thanks:
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Welcome Pompey,
    Just wanted to say I wish you all the best for your journey. This is a great place to begin it too!
    Fabulous people.
    You sound like you have/are getting some very helpful tools in place to help you beat the booze.
    Your kids / partner (and you) will notice the difference in yourself in no time at all as soon as the booze is out of the picture.
    Only advice I can offer is to take up some kind of exercise if you are not doing that already,...and of course post and read as much as you can here.
    Good for you!
    Best wishes and 'see you around'.
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

thankyou amelia x
      I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Comment

hi any one else out there ........ it is 11 am here in england ...... a lovely sunny day ...... our ex deputy prime minister .... john prescott .... is in the city at 3.30 pm canvessing for the election .... might go and shake his hand ..... for those of you in US be like meeting jimmy carter ...... met a prime minister in the past ... james callaghan .... take care on your journeys everyone xx pm

Comment

Hi Pompeyman, it is great to hear how you are ready to change. It is tough for sure, but you can do it. How many days af are you? Read lots in here, ask questions. Good luck,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

hi hillsidetime ...... went to uni in early 80's and lived in a shared house in road called Hillside in reading ..... also used to know people who lived in cemmy junction ..... "Cemetary Junction" .... new ricky gervais film .... in reading ...... take care stopping today xx pm

Comment

Hi Pompeyman! Almost 6AM here and the day is already rockin' along! So happy to be unhung this morning!

Wow I hope you shake the prime minister's hand and let us know how that goes! I wonder if that would make one's fingers tingle?? (I've never shaken a prime minister OR a president's hand!)

I think it's wonderful that you have accepted responsibility for your role (with AL) in the relationship problems with your partner / kids. I think that is the first step towards being able to repair the damage and build something better going forward.

I'm interested in hearing how it goes pulling together SMART meetings. I hope you will keep us posted on your journey!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

dear doggygirl ...... it is so nice to know people like you and me are dealing with this awful disease/emptyness together ..... will say hello to ex deputy uk prime minister on your behalf if i get to meet him ..... wish you all the best for today ...... take care pm xx

Comment

thankyou sheri ....... am off out soon to see if i can meet a famous politician ...... if not just grateful for your message in my heart i know i need to give up work as you did .... we only have one life and one lot of kids ......... take care love pm xxx

Comment

Pom, I'm not familiar with 'Pompey', so can't comment on that, but it's always wonderful to see someone find this place, meet new supportive friends, and find hope. And reassurance they are not alone in their battles. You are NOT the only person in the world going through this battle, and here you will find success stories of people who mirror your experiences. This is not a place for angry confrontations, stubborn defense of AL abuse and it's consequences, but a lovely place to find support and non-judgemental conversation about something we've all obviously realized is killing us and our lives. So happy you're here.
                    Rubes
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi there PM
                      I think Rubes & all above have said all important things. Want to offer you my support & admiration for taking 100% responsibility for your situation.

I'm in the process of going AF. I'm also UK & use chat a lot so you can often find me there. I'm close to Bristol. Until last yr I went to a Smart group - stopped when I moved. It was brilliant, really suited me. Hope you find it the same!

Good luck to you & yes, please stay close. Sorry, I dont talk football unless I'm dating someone (for obvious reasons)... Am watching Grand Prix now tho, but thats about my limit sports wise. I hope soon that my limits with AL are as clearly defined....!
                      G x
                      :sun:

Comment

I'm watching a dog show, my favorite sport! :H Honestly, if we could mimic the animals in our lives, think how simple things would be! (Well, maybe excepting my Jack Ass Russell Terror who collects and hoards all the doggy toys, pushes her agenda of eat - poop - eat- play - eat - poop.............you get the idea! ) Their life is simple, as well as their devotion to their people, and absolute acceptance of us no matter how badly we screw up.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I agree completely Rubes, the animal model is one to aspire to. Well, the tame ones that is... my cat has seen me through many a hangover hell with utter devotion & steadfast loyalty. Her agenda is more like eat - sleep - sleep - sleep - eat - poop! I suspect they truly do live in the moment, no hangups about the past or forward thinking about possible future behaviours. This site has been a revalation to me. So many people united in a single mission, to regain their health, dignity & self-respect. We come from all walks & yes, theres, the odd spat but even that's usually educational i think. We have to deal with friction & judgement 'out there'...

Hope the dog show is fun rubes (PS loved ur photos on the kick-ass thread)

PM Hope John Prescott's hand is, well, not too clammy!

Gold x
                          :sun:

Comment

hi going out now ..... if i get to meet ex dep priminister will let you know ...... best wishes from uk xxx

Comment

Pompey

Hi there from over here in the UK. Lucky you I've just dodged the local politicians up here and donated to the Mountain Rescue. They were very grateful as the canvassing was getting in the way of their fundraising. Pity the candidates didn't notice this and give them a push of some sorts.

Never mind and have a good AF day.

Comment

Working...
                              X