On day two AF feel good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On day two AF feel good

Hi, Ive hit bottom with my drinking and my wife will soon be making me leave the house. So Ive decided that my run with booze has to be over if i want to live my life with my wife. I want to be sober and happy I want to pice my life together. I want too stop lying to my self and my wife because of alcohol. Not having any withdrawal systoms so thats good but i know i need to change my life i want to change my life.

On day two AF feel good

Then you've come to the right place. There are some remarkable stories of recovery here. What can I do to help you?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Day two AF

Hi, Need to get out of this cycle for good I feel like this is my last chance, I want too change my life for the better.....Thanks RM

Comment

On day two AF feel good

and me???? I came here desperate to save my marriage too,and while I am barely AF I have learned and grown so much since coming here.
        There are some wonderful, caring people here who have been right where you are now....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Have you read the book and ordered the supplements? Thats a great place to start.
          Can you talk openly and honestly to your doctor?
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Thanks a lot, I just feel a little frazzled but it will pass by tomorrow

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Just as long as your dedication to a better life doesn't pass, RM. Most of us have been there, done that. I suggest you start reading 'Tell Us Your Story' thread. The heartbreak comes right through the screen. It's a pretty good guess you're much younger than me. Also a good guess you haven't done ANYTHING we haven't. My only regret in life is alcohol, and the HUGE things they have cost me. Stay with us a while, even if you don't succeed at first. One great truth I can tell you is you won't be sorry.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

On day two AF feel good

:welcome:
                I came realizing all the major mistakes I made in my life were connected to alcohol.
                I got worn out from hating me and the problems caused by alcohol.

Read all you can here, post your thoughts. Many of us have marriage problems connected with alcohol.

Make your decision to quit, then do it.
                Life still happens, but you have the ability to make decisions with a clear mind.

It does get better!

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Your marriage will survive if you take the right steps now. PM me. I have been in your position in reverse.

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Hi RM,

Glad to hear you are feeling good!
                    Now to make some real, lasting changes you need to make a plan. Take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Please feel free to stop in the 'Newbies Nest' for more support.
                    Wishing you continued success!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Just want to point out to everyone reading, that Lavande is a model of support.

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Thank you all for your kind words its means the world to me. Thanks RM

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Talk about a moment to feel grateful. RM 1) you are ALIVE, and I am sure because of past behaviors, that could not be the case and 2) you DO HAVE a WIFE, which clearly means she loves you and wants to happy with you.

So the way I see it you are a good man with bad drinking problem. Eliminate "the problem" and we are golden!!!!

But we have maxed out our do-overs and re-starts. We have to gain self control, from there we will really enjoy the people and blessings in our lives. Mess up after final commitment to change then real hurt and guilt will follow.....Something worth avoiding.

Hold your wife in your arms and ask her to support you and that your alcohol and behavioral decisions will finally change. Cherish the opportunity to make her and yourself proud. Achieve the combo of self control the pride and respect then its off to living a great life.

Lets look forward to food vs. booze, family and close friends vs. co-drinkers at the bar, etc.

Time to fight the fight and enjoy the family,psychological, and healthy victories.

Shorter version be strong and stay focused the main goal of being happy with your wife.

You are taking action now, don't stop! Be proud and excited.

Comment

On day two AF feel good

Hello all, thanks for all your kind words feeling good for myself and hopeful this time. Hands still shake but it will pass soon see a lot of other people in the same pain I'm in a feel for them because i feel so good. Thanks RM

Comment

Working...
                            X