Addicted or Allergic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted or Allergic?

I was reading this in a article someone posted and thought it was an eye opener. I have thought so many times that I am not addicted like the traditional alcoholic, but man have I got issues. When you read how it describes the traits of one who is allergic, that is me, me, me. I wonder if MWO should be tailored slightly for those who are possibly allergic??

"Given this pattern, it is easy to understand why the allergic drinker returns to alcohol in an effort to avoid the pain of withdrawal, Unlike the II ADH/THIQ alcoholic, who can tolerate large amounts of alcohol with minimal behavioral changes and mild or no hangovers, the allergic/addicted alcoholic tends to be a binge drinker who loses control easily. People with this kind of chemistry typically get hangovers. They also have a tendency, when drinking, toward altered personality: sudden anger, depression, or abusiveness caused by the allergic response of their brains and central nervous systems."

-Nina

Addicted or Allergic?

Nina, I have heard this. My sister says she's allergic, I think I'm an abuser. My sister gets downright sick whenever she drinks. Her withdrawals are horrible. Her doctor says she's allergic.

Comment

Working...
    X