Turtle drop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turtle drop.

Last night, I convinced Mrs. Fennel to join me in my first ever turtle drop. After all, my evenings have been so tame, lately...

So, here's the scoop. My mother and next youngest sister are completely estranged from each other as of two years ago. My sister had purchased a "turtle" lawn ornament for my mom a few years ago- one of those disney-esque, brown, resin critters with a mildly goofy expression on it's face. My mom gave it to me last year, as she didn't want it in her yard any longer.
    To be honest, while I love my mother, I don't like her very much myself. I'll keep it short, but she has a long list of mean spirited, passive/aggressive behaviors in her bag of tricks. She's been bugging me a bit lately, and as the snows receded and the head of this turtle popped out into the sunlight, I decided that I didn't need to see a reminder of my mother and sister's failed relationship on a daily basis.

I thought to pitch it in the trash (today's trash day), but heck...the turtle is kind of cute, and somebody out there might enjoy it. I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood and look for a nice yard that could use a turtle. Mrs. Fennel and I found a lovely place not too far from our humble abode, but not on our regular walking route- after all, I don't want to see it every day. We went back home and I cleaned up the turtle very nicely, and polished him up with a coating of "armor-all".
    As soon as nighttime fell, we skulked out with the turtle in tow. In case we were caught red-handed, I had an explanatory note taped to the turtle. Fortunately, the street was blanketed in darkness...my city is cheap, and only pays to light every other street light these days. I placed the turtle beneath a forsythia bush and we crept away soundlessly.

Today, I'm thinking...I'm certain that many of us have things like the "turtle" in our yards or homes, things that we don't really need or use. In fact, Mrs. Fennel has an enema clock that neither of us is really that attached to...wouldn't it be cool if we all did something like the "turtle drop", and presented some unsuspecting person with a groovy gift? Thoughts?

Turtle drop.

Ok, I have to know.... what's an "enema clock"?

Comment

Turtle drop.

yeah...what's an enema clock??? and now you have me thinking of something I need to place in my neighbors yard.....last year we all kept putting For Sale signs in each others yards.....hmmmmmmm
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Turtle drop.

Enema clock? ROFL!!!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Turtle drop.

Hi Fennel,

One of my favorite things to do is to clean out my closet's and cabinets, pack everything nicely in a box, or bag and take it to the nearest WalMart with a "free" note. Every single time I have done this the bag has been gone out of the shopping cart before I come out. The last time I did it I got caught putting the bag in, when I came out a woman came over to me and thanked me for the beautiful clothes. My husband really gets into too.

Comment

Turtle drop.

more2, Cool!!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Turtle drop.

looking for peace;840015 wrote: Ok, I have to know.... what's an "enema clock"?
              Dang...I'm trying to upload a pic, but it says I have to "resize" it...I have no idea how to do that!

Comment

Turtle drop.

fennel;840047 wrote: Dang...I'm trying to upload a pic, but it says I have to "resize" it...I have no idea how to do that!
                Hey Fennel - if you're uploading from Photobucket when you put your curser on the photo a bar opens up on top that says "edit" among other things. You can resize the pic there. I usually do about 600 x 800 for a larger picture or 400 x 600 for a smaller one. Should let you upload okay then.
                Stirly...
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Turtle drop.

That is so funny!!!! I was wondering what a turtle drop was!!

Comment

Turtle drop.

For years, my Momma's family had a bud vase with black silk roses and ribbon, and dead 'greenery' they passed around on occasions. There was also an ugly necktie that had legs of it's own, too. This was all done in fun (for the most part). But a TURTLE drop! :H That's a good one!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Turtle drop.

I too want to know what an enema clock is....my mind boggles. And good for you M2. We periodically drop our clothes at the goodwill but I like that real well too. Kind of like when my friend's cat had kittens and we started reluctantly bringing it to the Human society....and while entering people came at us and all the kittens were given away in the parking lot!

Fennel, did you go back and see if the turtle is in their yard, still?

Comment

Turtle drop.

'Ever seen the sign posted in some shops "Unattended and poorly behaved children will be given an expresso and a free puppy"?
                        sigpic
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Turtle drop.

rubywillow;840081 wrote: 'Ever seen the sign posted in some shops "Unattended and poorly behaved children will be given an expresso and a free puppy"?
                          Ruby that's priceless!!!!

When Joe's ex was being particularly cantankerous (sic), we'd load Evan up on caffeine and sugar before taking him home....

Comment

Turtle drop.

A woman after my own heart, Hart! :H
                            sigpic

Comment

Turtle drop.

fennel... I guess that is why they say one mans junk is another mans treasure... good thought too ponder on
                              Does a "Enema Clock" squirt water...?

runningwind
                              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Working...
                              X