Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 22nd April 2010

Good morning troops...
    Seems the ranks are very thin lately....

well I'm reporting for duty..
    Rubes, Hope things go kindly for you today :h

the airways are back to zooooom,zoooom overhead again..
    it's been so strange the quiet of late I forgot I lived on the flight path....:H

well lets hope all things get back to norm very quickly, so many were affected,

coffee time...:l

ARMY!!
    Hey Jan.
    Well kinda like a snail's pace here but others will surely drop by later. Hope you all have a
    I've been up for a bit - put in the laundry, walked the pooch and now it's time for some serious housework...

See you all later...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Captain KTAB reporting for duty. It is very quiet here these days LJ but I suppose people drifting in and out, new ones joining and some longer term members moving on is all part of the bigger cycle of life but I do get attached to some of you old buggers and miss the disappeared. Thats all.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hoo you calling an old bugger,KT and what all this about bikes and cycling.

Morning LJ and wirly cirly stirly girly and KT and all those yet to drop by
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi all. sarge spud reporting for duty.. though im not fit for much. creaking bones from too much gardening
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

good morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

well i leaped another hurdle last night. went to visit a lady i met at my woodturning class. she has a huge garden and was offering plants. only know her for a quick hello and i get really freaked out with new people (would have been vodka in a lemonade bottle in my bag). shes a very interesting 70 year old, something to aim for i think. first thing when i got there she offered me a glass of wine. nooooooooo. the very back of my mind was tempted.. just one.. ha ha. i would have had one and then made excuses to leave and go on a bender. a cup of tea was just fine. had a lovely time raiding her garden and nosing round her house ..full of stuff. SOBER IS GREAT!
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

morning Spuds and mario

I've still got a conservatory full of seedling to be re planted in the garden ( we haven't got a greenhouse) but we keep getting hard overnight frosts.
                It looks like Kew gardens in there only much much smaller.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning, all

Just a quick worktime look / see.

Chat to you tonight!
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

had a lovely time yesterday,went to old friends up near the border,lovely day lovely time and they still have a lovely pub.

Comment

pleeese I miss you ,tips:l
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mario;840984 wrote: had a lovely time yesterday,went to old friends up near the border,lovely day lovely time and they still have a lovely pub.
                        Sounds bliss, Did you get your dinner and what did you have?
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks,

May an Antipodean visit? I'm getting the impression you're a tad sad about declining number of recruits. I think I may now be the longest/oldest (lol) member still posting and I often feel sad about all the wonderful people I've met here who are now gone, for whatever reason. The following was something I read a few years ago, it gave me comfort then and it still applies today:

A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or
                          a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you
                          will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is
                          usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have
                          come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you
                          with guidance and support, to aid you physically,
                          emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a
                          godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason
                          you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an
                          inconvenient time, this person will say or do something
                          to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
                          Sometimes they walk away.
                          Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realise is that our need has been met, our
                          desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you
                          sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .
                          Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
                          They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
                          They may teach you something you have never done.
                          They usually give you an unbelievable amount
                          of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things
                          you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional
                          foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the
                          person, and put what you have learned to use in all
                          other relationships and areas of your life. It is said
                          that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author Unknown

Have a wonderful springy gardening day.

Comment

tawnyfrog;840988 wrote: Morning folks,

May an Antipodean visit? I'm getting the impression you're a tad sad about declining number of recruits. I think I may now be the longest/oldest (lol) member still posting and I often feel sad about all the wonderful people I've met here who are now gone, for whatever reason. The following was something I read a few years ago, it gave me comfort then and it still applies today:

A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or
                            a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you
                            will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is
                            usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have
                            come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you
                            with guidance and support, to aid you physically,
                            emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a
                            godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason
                            you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an
                            inconvenient time, this person will say or do something
                            to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
                            Sometimes they walk away.
                            Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realise is that our need has been met, our
                            desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you
                            sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .
                            Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
                            They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
                            They may teach you something you have never done.
                            They usually give you an unbelievable amount
                            of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things
                            you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional
                            foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the
                            person, and put what you have learned to use in all
                            other relationships and areas of your life. It is said
                            that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author Unknown

Have a wonderful springy gardening day.
                            Thanks tawny frog glad your still here

Comment

JackieClaire;840987 wrote: Sounds bliss, Did you get your dinner and what did you have?
                              :H:Hwhat dinner i was sitting at the bar with a cup of black tea

Comment

Working...
                              X