Army Thread 22nd April 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jackie sounds like your garden is gonna be as lovely as mine. its great not having a pissed argument with my plants for misbehaving
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Thank you so much,tawny.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Spuds,
        This is my 1st time having a bash at gardening. Mr JC always does it.
        I was always elegantly sipping a nice chilled glass of white wine on a sun lounger.

The reality was that I was as pissed a fart passed out on the sun lounger only getting up to to open yet another bottle of what ever was left in the fridge.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ok i am off, see yas laters

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Yoo-hoo. Hello all!! In for a quick :waving: between chores.
            Tawny, thanks so much for that post. It's always great to be reminded of how life continually changes and we have to change with it...
            I'm having a very constructive day. Have :chef: meals for both today and tomorrow. Second load of laundry blowing in the spring sunshine :rays: and have changed the winter bedding to lighter covers. Am about to tackle vacuuming the carpets - one of my least fave jobs since it always leaves me with a sore back (doggy hairs mean I have to vacuum over and over to get them all hoovered up). Then I'm going to play some music for a bit on my portable keyboard and then tackle the "office". The last whilst playing oldies but goodies that I've got on my PC... inkele:...circa 1965 and on. Tunes from when I was a teenager and that I still love to hear ....:dancin:
            P.S. would love to be working in the garden but ours is taken care of by a gardener mostly except for the small beds Mr. Stirly and I have planted and they got done on the weekend. Then there are my potted plants on all the balconies but they don't need much care. Just give a lovely splash of colour...
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

im off to talk nicely to my new plants. my garden gnome is in charge of any misbehaving in the garden... but i have to keep him in check occasionally... naughty little gnome keeps falling over.. pissed perhaps!

Comment

oh pretty flowers stirly. are you singing to them.. mine wilt if i sing... not the voice of an angel, more the voice of a duck.. quack quack

Comment

spuddleduck;841009 wrote: oh pretty flowers stirly. are you singing to them.. mine wilt if i sing... not the voice of an angel, more the voice of a duck.. quack quack
                  Oh Spuds, I'd never attempt to sing to the flowers. They dry right up and fall off the stems... I could play them some classical music to cheer them up but they look pretty happy with this sunshine and the birds chirping and stuff...
                  (and I'm not a great fan of the classics. Stirly likes rock music... Jumpin Jack Flash and such.....)

Comment

Looks like the barracks are deserted again. Will catch you all later....

Comment

yoo hoo from me too
                      another in and day,

Chocolate cake is in the oven due to come out in 35 mins.

Stirls, I'm listening to some old toons and some new toons.

The kitchen is a rocking place to be today :banana::bananacomputer:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm up, I'm up!! Cooking (again/still). Emotional evening at the funeral home, but what we must go through.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Ruby. Looks like one of those in-and-out days again.
                          Sorry you have to do so much but I know you feel it's your duty to keep up with family tradition. Hope you get away to the cabin for a rest over the weekend. How's your foot? Have you thought of wearing flip-flops since you don't like shoes. Gives you the feeling of bare feet but protects your soles.... just saying....
                          Will check back in again later... still haven't finished with the housework...

Comment

I LIKE it! :H
                            sigpic
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Stirly will you stop taking photos of me when I'm 'busy'. For gawds sake don't let Mr JC see them.

Rubes, will you sit down for 5 mins and put yer feet up.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

OK, is the 5 min up yet?? Just finished the sourcream pound cake, in oven. 2 pans of cornbread dressing, in the oven. Now to finish the potato salad and sweet potato casserole, devil the eggs, find containers for everything, finsh off the roast and turkey. Then comes load it all up, and unloading it later.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X