Army Thread 24th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th April

night tawny,see yas laters starts & ktab..

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

back in a bit,going for me brecky

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

hi all ????

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Hiya
          Mr Dingle-Dangle-Dongle....:H:H:H

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

hi gang,its been a while,it is nice to see your all doing well,and strong,wills,i thot id drop in to tell all my fine friends i get neck back surgery next friday at 130pm,one of the reasons i havent been on much,lol feeling sorry for myself,actually not,finding other things to keep me preoccupied til this is all over with,80 percent chance all see a difference,will be nice just to walk properly,any thing else will be bonus,thnx for being hear in my time and needs,gyco ps all keep u posted

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

hiya gyco & ladyjan

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Gyco;842390 wrote: hi gang,its been a while,it is nice to see your all doing well,and strong,wills,i thot id drop in to tell all my fine friends i get neck back surgery next friday at 130pm,one of the reasons i havent been on much,lol feeling sorry for myself,actually not,finding other things to keep me preoccupied til this is all over with,80 percent chance all see a difference,will be nice just to walk properly,any thing else will be bonus,thnx for being hear in my time and needs,gyco ps all keep u posted
                good luck next friday gyco but i am sure you will be here before then

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Hi Gyco,
                  hope it goes well for you..
                  keep us posted, we all care for you darling..:l:l

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Hello, All

I feel terrible for having deserted the party last night...

On the upside, I slept for a full 9 hours last night. That is more sleep tah I had in the preceding 4 days combined

It is a beautiful autumn day in Stellenbosch. Blue skies, gentle cool breeze, warm sunshine... Better enjoy it while it lasts!

I am transplanting some lavender and rosemary cuttings I made into pots today. I'm not even sure if it is the right time of year for it, but I'm going to do it nevertheless. I was rather surprised at my success rate: of the 12 lavender cuttings, 10 took and are looking quite strong. With the rosemary, I had a 100% success rate. We'll now see if the transplantation process will be as good.

The swimming pool is now in full winter mode. The water is already ice cold, but I can now make huge savings on electricity and chemicals. Our electricity went up by a whopping 25% from 1 April. For the next two years, it will go up by another 25% annually on the same date. The House of Bounce will defo have to become more energy-conscious.

What we've done so far:

- installed geyser blankets (we use electrical geysers)
                    - switched to mostly energy-saving lightbulbs
                    - switched to LPG gas heaters for winter

For this winter:

- Buying electric blankets to save on space-heating costs

If / when I get a nice bonus again:

- Re-doing the ceiling insulation. It's become patchy over the years with lighting, alarm and other installations.

Longer term:

- Solar or gas heaters. Or these modern electrical thingies which heat water on demand

Other ideas? Just don't tell us to do without a tumble dryer... It is necessity in our wet winters...
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

:sofa:

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Gy, so good to see you, and I'm praying this surgery will bring you some much needed relief. Let us know how things are, OK?
                        Tip, we're just going into the 'swimming pool mode'. We started opening ours later, closing earlier; researche dif chemicals; bought a solar blanket; considered turning it into a garage! :H Electricity is going to get more expensive, trust me.
                        Please keep those of us in the 'tornado' zone in your thoughts today. I've already fixed my hidey-hole (flashlight, radio, etc.) Today is supposed to be a very bad day, and through the night. I'm afraid people will lose their lives during this, so we take it seriously.
                        Thank you all for your support this week. It's been a tough one. My friends here have helped me through it. Love you all.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Hi Everyone! Glad to see the flurry of activity! Busy cleaning, but will pop in and out.
                          :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

sigpic
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

rubywillow;842462 wrote:
                              OOOOH Rubes..
                              is that close to where you are honey..??????????

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Yes, I'm not in the center, but too close for comfort. I was actually sitting on my front porch one night and thought there was heavy traffic on the highway about 3/4 mile away, next day found out it was a tornado that had ripped through nearby houses. My in-laws garage was lifted of the ground and just disappeared, leaving everything inside intact, and my son, who lived in a mobile home next door, was wakened by a huge pine tree crashing through his bedroom and stopping inches from his feet. This is called 'Dixie Alley', we have normally a long, dangerous tornado season. That's why we all have weather radios, that come on automatically to alert us to a warning. We're under a watch right now. The sky has turned green, and we have heavy hail, which is a very good sign of a tornado over us.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X