Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th April

OOOH Rubes..
    I do hope you will be ok and it will not come close to you..
    mother nature is very powerfully reaching to all of us this year...

please stay very much active with us..honey..

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Thank you Jan girl. The tornadoes have gotten so much worse here in the last few decades. My daughter was at college when there was a really bad outbreak there. The devastation is incredible, and many were killed. She slept through the whole thing! :H
      Palm Sunday in Piedmont
      Unlike the Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of April 11, 1965, this outbreak was mainly confined to the Southeastern United States. What was unusual about this outbreak was that it was at its strongest during the late morning hours. A very intense supercell thunderstorm formed a wall cloud 1-mile (1.6 km) southwest of Ragland in St. Clair County, Alabama. A tornado spun out of the storm and headed toward Piedmont. At 11:39 a.m., an F4 tornado slammed into the Goshen United Methodist Church collapsing the roof on a congregation during a Palm Sunday service. It claimed 20 lives and injured 90. The tornado was an F4 on the Fujita scale. The supercell that formed this tornado ended up tracking for 200 miles (320 km) to South Carolina.

Forty-two people were killed in the outbreak and 320 were injured. A total of 27 tornadoes ripped through Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina, causing $140 million in damage. One reason for the moderately high death toll was that all of the elements that produce a tornado outbreak were missing as late as 7:00 a.m. March 27. The elements didn't really start to come together until just when the outbreak was warming up. Another reason is that some of the tornadoes ran through at least two counties in parallel paths, some of which overlapped.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Dear god it is soooo frightening..
        has it evermade you question to stay living in the area???????

and is with lastest technologly helped to make advanced warnings anymore accurate and timely????????

Spain has been hit with tornados this year in Andalucia..
        nothing on your scale, but it caused a hell of a lot of destruction..
        the world is absolutly up on it's arse...
        have you noticed how much cover up news wise there is..????????

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Yes, Jan. It's almost noon here but so dark the automatic yard lights have come on. I'm used to it, and I love to visit other places, but don't think I could live anywhere else. They now have a system that predicts the possibility of tornadoes on a 1-10 scale. If you get up in the high numbers, take cover! I have my own early warning system - 2 of my dogs go NUTZ!!!! The only way they could get closer to me is if I ATE them. Terrible weather can happen anywhere. I believe it's God's way of saying 'you can control a lot of things, but this AIN'T one of them. :H

weather.com's News and Development's page.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Wow, Ruby! You are in the crux of the tornado world! I was in Atlanta once in my youth during a tornado and we were scared! Drove about to see the massive destruction the next day. Very sad. I hope you do not end up being in the path! June starts my scary season--hurricane--which is perhaps a bit more predictable than tornadoes, but potentially more destructive! I pray for your safety.
            :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

yep Rubes soo true,
              our dogs are a great sign of trouble looming..
              be it weather or otherwise their instincts are alwys so true..
              and yep agree with you about gods warning..

my Taz would not leave my side when she knew the "ex" was about to do...what he did to me..
              and never left my side, but she was scared shitless of him as well coz he hurt her as well

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Thank you, Riv. When I was little, I told my Daddy I wanted to move to Alaska to get away from the storms. He laughed at me, asked didn't I think they had weather problems too. I've thought about it; the dif betwee tornadoes and hurricanes. You have a warning hurricanes are coming - with tornadoes they just drop out the sky serenditiously, and that's the real danger. Plus, they mostly hit at night, with no warning. Anyway, my dogs are crawling all over me right now, so I'm just cuddling and soothing canines right now.
                sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

change of subject..
                  is first day Bonnie and Ollie have gone to the beach alone in all this time..

she hasn't been allowed alone with him as everything is step by step..
                  but they have now said as long as it's ok with me they can be alone together, but is my resposiblity..
                  of course there ain't gonna be a prob she adores him same as he adores her....:h

was so lovely make picnic for them both to take to the beach.......
                  happy, happy mummy....

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

ladyjan;842488 wrote: yep Rues soo true our dogs are a great sign of trouble looming..
                    be it weather or otherwise their instincts are alwys so true..
                    and yep agree with you about gods warning..

my Taz would not leave my side when she knew the "ex" was about to do...what he did to me..
                    and never left my side, but she was scared shitless of him as well coz he hurt her as well
                    Wish TMB had been there with you. Ex would still be licking his wounds!:h
                    sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

:sofa:
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Evening, all

We're getting ready to go out for dinner. Already licking my chops is anticipation...
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Hi di Hi FFF,
                          That piccie is sooooooo cute. Pliz may I adopt him.(and can I come for dinner)
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

JackieClaire;842499 wrote: Hi di Hi FFF,
                            That piccie is sooooooo cute. Pliz may I adopt him.(and can I come for dinner)

Yes on both scores
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

Alrighty - I must go and get showered and shaved...

If I don't see you later tonight, it'll be on the morrow... :l:l:l
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th April

fank you, I'll put me posh frock on and one of my numerous floaty scarf, in fact I'll wear all of them even the one that's a sarong
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X