The effect of AL and other drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably more crack than alcohol... but it's quite a wake up call - what addictions can do to you. To me. To her. To him. Very sad. I don't want to go there. Do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfxHhnYtQk&playnext_from=TL&videos=06Ztsv dUl8s&feature=rec-LGOUT-real_rev-rn-2r-1-HM[/video]]YouTube - !!HOUSTON WE STILL HAVE A PROBLEM!!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

She's having a hard time on her tour here at the moment.

Whitney Houston still has a problem hitting the high notes | Music | guardian.co.uk

Whitney Houston's world tour lurches on, with the 46-year-old singer apologising to a London crowd for the poor quality of her voice. "She doesn't want to come, my soprano friend," Houston explained to the audience at O2 Arena. She wasn't referring to Ren?e Fleming.

This is ostensibly the singer's comeback tour, but she has been booed in Australia, laughed at in Birmingham, and several fans allegedly walked out of her London show. "Sometimes the old girl sings, but not tonight," Houston told the crowd. "I want to do it, but she doesn't want to ... She's getting a little temperamental."

Houston struggled through I Will Always Love You, her best-known song, and didn't bother finishing Greatest Love of All. She had a similarly rough time in Nottingham last Wednesday, "wheezing and grating" through ballads. In London, she blamed the air-conditioning. "Turn the air-con off," she asked organisers, from the stage. "I can feel it. It takes away my soprano."

Critics have not been kind to Houston, and she upset fans after cancelling several concerts due to a respiratory infection. Her Australian promoter explained that the Bodyguard star refuses to quit smoking. "God bless her, I can't tell her not to," Andrew McManus said. "She's comfortable with the show she's performing. She knows she's not hitting every note like she used to." McManus recalled Houston's comments after a show in Sydney. "She said, 'If the good Lord wants me to be attacked and ridiculed that's the road I have to go down.'"

Still, at least there are cheap tickets.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

a friend of mine went to see her last week and said she felt robbed of her money. she appeared on british x factor last year apparently drugged to the eyeballs, could barely sing a note, her dress fell down. poor woman obviously needs help, same as us! its bad enough trying to control an addiction in the confines of everyday life, but in front millions of prying eyes and a media thats waiting to tear anyone they seem fit at the time to shreds? that must be awful. imagine picking up a newspaper or magazine everyday that portrays you as a useless, ugly, addict? what a life. the cost of fame eh?
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

While I have compassion for anyone who battles addiction, Whitney Houston is not one that I hold out any particular pity for. Whitney has both the time and the money to battle her addicitons. These are resources that most addicts do not have at their disposal. Is her humiliation and/or her disease a cost of fame? Hmmmm.....remember she has made her own choices and has certainly reaped the rewards! I watched a portion of one of the two days that Oprah devoted to Whitney a while back. I simply could not watch any more than the few minutes that I watched. Whitney was soaking up the adulation and praise lavished on her by Oprah, while seeming "not quite right".

It is sad that Whitney continues to sell concert tickets, yet does not provide the show as promised. She should pull out of her tour and get into rehab. I also think that money paid for tickets to these "shows", should be refunded!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My heart really goes out to her
          I remember seeing her on TV back in Germany when she was about 16 or 17 years old. I was so drawn to that beautiful, bright eyed girl with the big voice. It is quite shocking to see pictures of her in recent years. And now, it seems like that voice has left her as well.

And yes, it must be horrific to be hounded and taken apart by the media. On the other hand, if it wasn't for celebrities and the media drawing attention to their struggles, addictions would still be hidden away in closets and under the stairs.
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I think what we can all learn from this is that addicition robs us all of something. It robs us of our youth, beauty, tallents, for some it robs them of their careers, jobs, families and friends. The longer we stay in our addiction, the more we loose.

Quitting and stayin quit is not an easy journey, but, the rewards are well worth the efforts.

I feel so badly for all who are still suffering from addiction. For all those who have not found their way out, for all those who continue to be robbed of the life that hey, and those who love them miss out on every day. I hope that these ones, can find the strength and the will to overcome their addictions!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Disturbing pictures Sunny, it is sad to see anyone suffer because of addiction. I think we all know it is far from being as easy as throwing money at this addiction and in some was it must be so much harder for her in the public eye. I do agree however that she is doing her fans a disservice by continuing to tour if she is in no fit state to deliver what it says on the packet.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

So sad.
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                X