Litre.....ditto what Rubes said
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Support System at home, or Lack Of

I love Rubies wise advice!

Comment

yes continue to work on yourself!!! My Husband supports me even though he doesn't get it. We have fought so much over my problem and he tells me to snap out of it, ummm yeah I wish it was that easy.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Litre;844757 wrote: Thankyou all for your support, I have mentioned this site to him, he showed no interest, so yes I am going to work on myself, myself. I am strong willed, and I have not fear that I will not succeed. I still want to try controlled drinking, if I fail then I know it is not for me, but until then, I will keep it in my mind. I wish more than anything to be like most people, but I still fear that first glass. In saying that, I may never take it, but I want the option to be there.
          Haven't you already tried controlled drinking?? (I'm assuming you are like most of us, and have promised yourself time and again that you would stop after 1 or 2??) What do you envision will be different this time?

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My husband likes to drink! I have put a damper on his enjoyment of his favorite pastime. He cannot understand anyone not having the ability to count drinks. Although his count is very high and I believe he has a problem it's not my place to take his inventory.
            I will stay AF for me and his lack of support for it is going to have to be his problem.
            He does many things in his everyday live I don't like or approve of, it doesn't keep him from pursuing them nor does it make him unhappy. On the AF point I have to be selfish also.
            Time will tell where that leads us.

Comment

DG, well no I have not tried controlled drinking, I simply progressed. I would however tell myself before I quit that I had to take control and I was heading for trouble, but did not how to change it. So if I ever do actually pick up that glass I do not know, I just want that option. Then I will know if I can or cannot ever do it again. For now, I still plan on looking out for me, and leave that glass alone.

Comment

Working...
              X