21 days and still have a headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I have 21 days AF. I am just giong day by day reading here morning and nite and feel good about being in control for a change. The thing is I phyisically I still feel really crappy. I have a headace nearly all the time, feel bloated and grumpy, anyone else feel this way? Or have any ideas on vitamins or any thing that would help. I do not want to drink but would like to feel better.:thanks:

Hi Summer,
    First of all, congratulations on 21 days AF! That is awesome.
    I am on day 27, and I still have headaches also. I know that it will take a while for our bodies to clear out all the damage that we've done over the years. Also, do you think your headache could be from something else? I went to the chiropractor yesterday and found that my neck/back was really out of alignment! I don't really have any experience with the supplements so I can't offer any advice there. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well, but I do know that things will improve as we get more AF time under our belts.
    Hope you feel better soon! Let us know how you're doing.
    xoxo
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Summer Girl

Are you on the pill?I was feeling pretty ill, headachy (although these were migraines), bloated, washed out and seems the estrogen was causing this. Switched to mini-pill and noticed a difference within 5 days.

Just an idea.

Comment

Hi Summer
        Thanks for sharing. Just wondered if you are drinking 2 litres of water each day. Seems to me we build up a lot of toxins from AL, and flushing this out would be important. You can flush via drinking water, excercise, deep breathing, yoga, ...but effectively until all the toxin is out of the system your body will tell you its not well via headaches etc.

I am in day 12AF and am going through tiredness and aching, dehydration issues, mood swings, irritability...not fun but the more I exercise (even gentle walking in the park for 30 mins) and drink water, the better I make it through that day.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work - 21 days is great!!!
        H
        Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Hi Summer,

I am on day 8 AF and have had the headaches too. Worse when I eat sugar products for sure. Like Hazeleyes I try to get outside walking everyday and drink lots of water and that does help.
          Caffeine sometimes helps too. I think Mario had a good article on one thread about this headache problem.
          AF since April 19, 2010
          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Working...
          X