Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has tried supps, Cd's alone with success

Hi All,

Because I'm out of U.S. the supps and CD's are going to take awhile to arrive. At least another week.

I have purchased most supplements here but ordered the abstinence CD's and Kudzu. I plan on starting the entire program (according to MWO book) when it all gets here EXCEPT the TOPOMAX.
    I REALLY don't want to face my Doctor with my problem and ask for Topomax. Small town and everyone is friends as well as Doctors, Dentists, etc..... Way too uncomfortable.:blush:

Who has done the program without Topo and had success?
    (Nemed I know you have - you are my inspiration!!)

I am hoping the CD's REALLY make a difference. It's more my mind than my physical cravings that get me. I can go without AL and physically have few issues it's the mindgame that AL plays.

I'm so afraid that I'm going to fail again.
    Feeling hopeless. I know a lot of grief is in my life right now but this AL is making it worse. Feel like I'm in a trap and can't get out.

:upset:

Thanks Sheri,

That is definitely hopeful. Great job on 13 + months! I hope to be there one day.

Meech

Comment

Hi Meech,
      I used the supps and Meditation, exercise and diet according to the guidelines in the MWO book. I also worked with some tapes and a book called The Sedona Method which really helped me to change my thinking! I would say that it worked for me! I am over two years sober and life is so good without alcohol. You can do it too!

Best Wishes,
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello Meech,

I am at about day 15 with only the supps and reading material,
        and of course the support from his community.

I am not 'cocky' enough to post as a success story yet but I feel very confident that it is well within my grasp.

All the best on your journey

Jacq
        Happy to be back

Comment

I have been af for almost 2 years. I followed the MWO program EXCEPT the Topamax. I really feel like the cd's did something pretty powerful, and I think the supps are important for healing. I agree that the psychological addiction can be just as bad as the physical one.

If you want it bad enough, you can do this. There is tons of support here!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I am feeling very hopeful after hearing from everyone. I plan on doing all the supps (when the last of them arrive) and the CD's.

I already do tonnes of exercise as that is my job (too much of it when I'm hung, grrrr...) and eat very healthy EXCEPT for the booze (wow isn't that hypocritical heh?).

So I am really really hoping that the CD's and supps are the icing on my AF Cake so to speak.

The book talks so much about the benefits of Topomax so I'm worried not having that in the whole program may not allow me to succeed. But I just can't go to my Doc.

So your posts are helping to make me feel more confident that I might be a success story too! I will definitely stay connected to MWO when I start this detox. :thanks:

P.S. I am on day 3AF and hope to stay strong throughout the weekend as I have WAY too much physical training with my job on Sat and Sun and being hung would suck royally.

Meech

Comment

Working...
            X