Facebook Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Friends

It's been a while since my last confession but I just wanted to let my friends on facebook know that I've deactivated my account on there.

I've been getting really sucked back into facebook again recently with that "people watching" "channel hopping" mentality which is not good for this addict. I spent most of my life watching the world go by and not being a participant. Yet, here I am again in familiar territory doing exactly the same thing, only in cyber space (year 2010!!). I feel this is a habit that needs to be rectified with complete abstinence. I'd like to tell myself I could just participate on the 2 most important groups I have there (Mollies - a 12 step recovery group, of friends I met on a forum before coming to MWO and SHARP graduates - the 12 step treatment centre I was in last year) but I know that is not gonna work. So 'just for today' (lmao, can you see the contradiction and addictive behaviour there!) I've deactivated my Facebook account. Honestly, it was like pouring my last can down the sink hitting that 'send' button. That's how drawn in again to Facebook I was.

As some of you will know, I've not posted here in a while either for partly the same reason. If anyone who hasn't got me e-mail who wants to keep in touch please do so through sending me a private message via e-mail.

Love, Light and Rhythm
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Facebook Friends

Hippie, just don't stay away too long! Some of us are 'hippie addicts' too! Messaging you now my e-mail add.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Facebook Friends

Hippie ....sometimes I wish I could deactivate mine.........but I have too many family members on mine. I don't think I've been to my Face Book page in 2 weeks........lots of pissed off family and friends ! ha! I might go on today and kiss and make up ! ha! IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Facebook Friends

[QUOTE=hippie37;845160]So 'just for today' (lmao, can you see the contradiction and addictive behaviour there!)

Are you sure it just for today.

Hi Hippie, Thanks for letting us know your last confession, I can really see where your coming from, me to have to be careful that i dont get addicted. I have not been on f/b 2, going on too many site's is not health for me, have to sometimes, stop and think there is a world outside my front door, if that makes sense. Always look forward to reading your post, please pop in now and again and let us know how you are getting on my friend.
        I will keep in touch with you.
        Take good care!:l
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Facebook Friends

Hippie, we have missed you TERRIBLY! You always inspire me with your posts! I too, am a facebook addict and I hate we were not fb friends before you canceled it. I am sending you my email too, but I am afraid soon you will get sucked up with all your emails. I have found it is alot easier to post to many than to answer every single pm, but I wish you all the best! We all love you and appreciate your encouraging words that inspire so many. Love ya, Vicki
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Facebook Friends

Good for you Hippie!!
            However,
            I am not a facebook convert.....so I dont really know what I am missing...... xx
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
            X