Just because its Friday .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Friday here and I always spend a couple of hours perusing the internet to keep up with recent things that are relevant to my work. Anyway, I came across this ...... if you fel like you need to feel good and celebrate something today, here's you chance! (And next Friday is National Dance Like a Chicken Day!!!!!)

Hairstyle Appreciation Day

When : Always April 30th

Hairstyle Appreciation Day celebrates uniqueness of all styles of hair. It allows us to express our individuality. Each generation of youth creates it's own hairstyles, or come back to style that were popular years ago. We include among the hairstyles, hair coloring and shaved heads. After all, no hair is a hair style.

Perhaps the most famous hair style for women was the "beehive" of the fifties. During the same period, crew cuts were the cut of choice for the guys.

Celebrate today with a new hairstyle.

Guys: Make sure to take notice and compliment the ladies on how nice their new "do" looks.
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Still got lots of hair so yipee.
    I cant wait for next friday, how cool is that :goodjob:

Guys: Make sure to take notice and compliment the ladies on how nice their new "do" looks.
    Always do Miss B. I know what side my bread is buttered on
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

OK, I know a few people who will be exempt from this one! :H (PS: I ALWAYS look like a chicken dancing on a hot grill!)
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I like the thought of celebrating a hair style, or as we used to say it, a hair 'DO' or a hair 'DON'T' would also suffice. Lots of times we have hair "don'ts" but that can be a moment to celebrate too. My hair is frequently a hair don't but that is okay!
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

We I was a young teen 'ratted hair' and beehives were in vogue. There was an urban legend about a girl who got ants in her hair and they built a big nest (girls sometimes didn't come out the 'rats' for days!) and when she scratched her head, they covered her up and stung her to death! And I believed it! :H
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
          X