Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Katie B,
    I have Pt Douglas, 1770, and Cape Trib on my list.... sometime....

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Miss B, If you're a skier you won't mind the cooler weather.

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

I had my first session with my new trainer tonight ........ now I can barely walk. I foresee a day of pain tomorrow ..... the exercise equivalent of a hangover :H:H Reckon she will whip me into shape much quicker than I might have intended!!

Jac - very envious of your trip to Cairns! We went there a couple of years ago for a winter break .... the day started with de-icing the car at 4am to get to the airport for an early flight, then by lunchtime we were in balmy weather looking out on the beach. It is a fabulously cruisy place. And inland forest to retreat to if the heat gets too much!

Tawny - North or South depends on what you want to do and see, and what time of year. My favourite parts of the country?? North of Auckland (best climate, very laid back as long as you know where to go); Coromandel Peninsula (centre of the NZ conservation world -- you would find it really interesting); the mid-central plateau (volcanic region, incredibly interesting from a geological point of view and beautiful in a weird sort of way); Golden Bay area (top of the South Island - great weather, centre of NZ hippydom and alternative lifestylers) and the Deep South (a lot of national parks and site of most of the "Great Walks", where most of the tourist photos are taken, fabulous bird life and totally crap weather! Wouldn't recommend going there in winter although some people love it then!!). If you want total eccentricity try the South Island West Coast.
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Rags;848093 wrote: Miss B, If you're a skier you won't mind the cooler weather.
          Not since I wrecked my knees playing soccer unfortunately!!

Hey Rags - brilliant Tiggger photos!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Miss Behaving;848095 wrote:

Tawny - Golden Bay area (top of the South Island - great weather, centre of NZ hippydom and alternative lifestylers)
            Googling as we speak ...

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

I'm so on the same page as you Miss B regarding the weather on the South Island NZ.

We were there this January,

Amazing place,
              just couldn't believe the scenery and Mountains and waterways.

As an Aussie with the country almost permanently in Drought Mode I could not believe the amount of water in the country.
              I decided that you get our share too.

We did have a particularly wet couple of weeks but the thing that really made me jealous were the rivers, there are so many that you guys don't even have the decency to give them all names.
              When we were driving out to Milford Sound there is River No#74, River No#75 etc,
              I couldn't believe it, there's just so many you've run out of names.

Oh and there was snow on most of the higher peaks in January.
              Who ever heard of snow in Summer.

All Jokes aside the South Island is just spectacular,
              one of the prettiest places I've ever been.
              Happy to be back

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Oh, have I stuffed up BIG time! Back to Day 1 again tomorrow! I was doing so well and then hubby goes away and I do it.....WATCH NEIGHBOURS.

I have been "Neighbours Free" for about a month.

That's what happens when you have early dinner. Must remember to have dinner at 6.30 pm!

KatieB - You watch Neighbours don't you? I bet Libby's going to shag that new Principal. She shag's everything that moves and then slowly drives then insane. Evil Bitch.

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

JACQRABBIT;848098 wrote:
                  As an Aussie with the country almost permanently in Drought Mode I could not believe the amount of water in the country.
                  I decided that you get our share too.

We did have a particularly wet couple of weeks but the thing that really made me jealous were the rivers, there are so many that you guys don't even have the decency to give them all names.
                  When we were driving out to Milford Sound there is River No#74, River No#75 etc,
                  I couldn't believe it, there's just so many you've run out of names.

Oh and there was snow on most of the higher peaks in January.
                  Who ever heard of snow in Summer.

All Jokes aside the South Island is just spectacular,
                  one of the prettiest places I've ever been.
                  :rofl2:

aint it the truth. An ex-PM once remarked on the fact that we are a very pluvial country! It doesn't seem fair does it, that we have all the water that you guys need,, and you have all the sun that we need!

I would note, however, that the one summer that I had in Hobart, it snowed on Xmas Day!!

TF - the top of the South Island is fab. Check out Queen Charlotte Sound (and the Queen Charlotte track - a nice 4-5 day walk and you can have your pack transported by water taxi from one place to the other), Havelock (mussel farming) Nelson (and Nelson Lakes), Motueka (and the Abel Tasman Track) , Mapua (and the Smoke House), Takaka .... and that takes you over almost to the West Coast and the Kahurangi National Park.

I'm taking my very weary body to bed and hoping that I will be able to walk in the morning ..... I just worked out that in total I did about 75 squats, 75 lunges and 75 pushups this evening.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Miss Behaving;848095 wrote: If you want total eccentricity try the South Island West Coast.
                    Googling now.......
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Spam;848106 wrote: Oh, have I stuffed up BIG time! Back to Day 1 again tomorrow! I was doing so well and then hubby goes away and I do it.....WATCH NEIGHBOURS.

I have been "Neighbours Free" for about a month.

That's what happens when you have early dinner. Must remember to have dinner at 6.30 pm!

KatieB - You watch Neighbours don't you? I bet Libby's going to shag that new Principal. She shag's everything that moves and then slowly drives then insane. Evil Bitch.
                      :H:H

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Oh there are just too many snippetts to comment on tonight aren't there Mr G ??:H:H
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Evening all,
                          A cooler few day's approaching. Hope everyone had a marvellous day.
                          Now, what day IS today? There is just such a special feeling in the air......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

byebyebridgetjones;848134 wrote: Oh there are just too many snippetts to comment on tonight aren't there Mr G ??:H:H
                            Oh yes Bridgos01! :H

:welcome: :thanks:

:new:

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Hiya everyone,
                              Had a super busy day today.. sorting out moving house arrangements; I signed the lease today and handed over a small fortune for bond and rent upfront etc.. but at least that's out the way! i also booked the removalist.. phew!
                              Staying away from AL and cigs.. so i feel pretty good! My "date" from sunday got back in touch with me.. seems he was impressed with young katie and wants to see me again! he must be a glutton for punishment.. LOL! think i will still avoid dating for the time being.. i have way too much going on,
                              take care all,
                              Katie xx
                              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

NEXT DAY THREAD... MAY!

Guitarista;848137 wrote: Evening all,
                                A cooler few day's approaching. Hope everyone had a marvellous day.
                                Now, what day IS today? There is just such a special feeling in the air......
                                It's Star Wars Day...

May the Fourth be with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X