Day 3 and feeling pretty low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - I'm on Day 3 of AF. It's 9:00 AM here, and so far it has been a crappy day. :-( I went to a really negative AA meeting, and then I got a text from my boyfriend, telling me he wants to "take time apart". He doesn't really have an issue with my drinking. Rather, he is freaking out because my period is over a week late, and he just found out he is getting laid off in a few months. So his reaction is to push me away. I have not seen him since I quit alcohol - he does not know I am doing this, and I am afraid to tell him because I don't want to tell him and then fail.

BTW, I did not quit alcohol because of possible pregnancy (although that would have been a good reason too!). I have been trying to quit for awhile, but have never gotten past day 4 or 5, except when I was in rehab once a few years ago. But until recently, I never had the burning desire to quit FOR MYSELF in order to have a better life - it was always out of guilt and shame or because I got a DUI or my parents were concerned.

DId I mention I am also unemployed? Along with everyone else in my city right now, it seems.

Sorry to be so negative. I am NOT going to drink over this.

Sweet, you need a place to sit and breathe a moment. We're here, though not a lot of people his time of day. What can I do to help?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

:l Hugs to you Sweet.
      Sorry you're having such a hard time, and that you're sad. You have our full support here to help you along your journey. Please stick close....
      xoxo
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks RubyWillow and K9. I am throwing myself a huge pity-party over here!

I know my BF will come back. He always does. I am just so *angry* at him for "abandoning" me right now. I want to tell him off - but that is not very attractive and will just make him stay away longer.

I am just going to "do the next indicated thing" as they tell you in AA. For me right now, that means downloading a new software program and getting started on my homework for my website class.

Most of the posters here are in the UK, is that right? I'm on west coast USA.

Comment

Hi Sweet,
          Sorry you're having a rough time at the moment, but great that you've got a plan in place.

It's just the time of day you've logged in that it seems as if most of the UK are talking. It's about 6 pm here. You'll find people from all over the globe.

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm on the West Coast in the USA too Sweet....let me know if you need to chat, or just need support.

:h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm East Coast, USA, Sweet, but we're universal in what we're looking for. PM me, join chat, but stay here and find some friendship. BTW, when will you know, or do you, about the pregnancy?
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi SweatHereafter, congrats on your 3 days, keep adding them up! I am sorry to hear that you are having a down day, I do hope that tomorrow is a better one for you. I am sending you an electronic hug! It is great that you are not reaching to alcohol after a bad day.
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Sweet,

You are going through a LOT! Don't be so hard on yourself..
                  I'm in Australia.. I think there are people from lots of different countries here.. though the main one's seem to be UK, USA, Canada and Australia..
                  Make sure you look after yourself, keep busy and distracted, and away from AL - you know it won't help matters in any way shape or form, but would just make everything look ten times worse as it does cause depression most the time, once the initial "high" has worn off..
                  All the best to you,
                  Katie xx
                  "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I took a pregnancy test and thank god, it was negative.

And, I have made through to Day 5 AF!

Boyfriend still being a big jerk though. I saw him on Friday after I posted, and accidentally drove his car onto his foot (I was SOBER, he was actually pretty drunk.) We found out yesterday his toes are broken. I feel horrible, but it really was an accident, and he was the one who stepped out onto the driveway as I was backing out.

Comment

Great news on Day 5 Sweet!! I am on the west coast of Canada so there are people from all over on here and someone usually around if you need a friend. Keep posting and stick around, this is a great place to be to make some positive changes in your life! :l
                      AF since April 19, 2010
                      NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                      -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

hi sweet .... i was engaged to an italian/american once ..... from NYC ....... she had contacts with the NY mafia!!!! ....... her cousin was called joe the snake !!!!...... didn't last ,..... down to my drinking .... we lived in a cottage in north wales ..... keep going .... im trying the sinclair method ....... def helps to cut down al ..... need to take the next step and stop completely ..... have a good day pm x
                        I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Working...
                        X