addictive computer games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to trade one addiction for another. But, during the "witching hours" it helps me to play free online computer games...tetris, bubble shooter.], etc. Does anyone play any games that are fun? Any suggestions are very welcome. (I should probably try working out instead, or something more constructive.... I just don't feel like putting in that effort right now as I still have had my share of bad days along with the good)

Zuma Deluxe - see how quickly you can reach "Sun God" status

Spider Solitaire - how high can you get your average stats (i.e. total number of games won vs played)

Mahjong - I like the visual component to it

Freecell - ditto as per Spider Solitaire

If you need to get rid of some frustration, Quake will always do the trick. I know it sounds silly, but in the early days of trying to get sober, I would imagine that the zombies were manifestations of AL and my addiction. I would blow them to bloody smithereens and feel strangely satisfied
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.... while I'm looking those up, has anyone played any good Wii games (I have Wii fit... a little too bring for me)? Does anyone like any of the Sims games?

Comment

Have a look at the IWON website. Under popular games is a game called "Text Twist" - that's my favourite.

The site's a bit of a pain with all the flashing ad's though.

Comment

I was addicted to Cafe World on Facebook for a looong time! - dont play it anymore now.. it drove me mad in the end but its good when you first start it, just dont get too obsessed like i did! - not leaving the house until i had served my food, rushing back home so i could serve food before it got spoiled etc.. not good when virtual games take over your "real" life! lol
          Katie
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

KatieB;846677 wrote: I was addicted to Cafe World on Facebook for a looong time! - dont play it anymore now.. it drove me mad in the end but its good when you first start it, just dont get too obsessed like i did! - not leaving the house until i had served my food, rushing back home so i could serve food before it got spoiled etc.. not good when virtual games take over your "real" life! lol
            Katie
            Ditto FarmVille & Country Life. I've finally escaped from its clutches!

Promptly lost interest in Facebook again...
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

True, those FB games can be addictive, I think its because of my addictive personality, once I start something I become addicted! World of Warcraft, online poker, then FB games, I don't play any of them now at all, I removed FB, WOW and all Poker software... Now I am twiddling my thumbs looking for a new pastime, not sure what it is yet but I hope not to become too addicted to it!
              A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Working...
              X