Average consumption per week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I'm feeling good now. The 'recommended' weekly limits for the UK are 14 units for women, 21 for men with at least 1 day AF. They did equalise this for a while but then back tracked.

For a guide the drink-driving limit is 3 units for women, 5 for men and then you'd be borderline - plus of course everyone is different.

Comment

I was drinking about 7 bottles of wine a week,but didnt drink everyday so sometimes it would be 2 bottles in a night.

Comment

thanks for the figures uk. it is very scary how it creeps up on us. i remember the days when i would be completely blotto if i had a bottle of wine. in later days it hardly touched the sides
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

keyners;846714 wrote: Hello Board,

I am curious to find out what your average consumption per week was when you were drinking? Mine was too much for me and I decided to stop for many various reasons, including health, legal, emotional and relational. I averaged 25 drink per week. Thank you.
          Hi Keyners
          I used to drink 2 - 3 bottles a week, for at least the past 2 years. Almost every week I would tell myself that wine was bad for me and I would never drink again. I knew I was using the wine to numb the pain of my sad life. Then 15 days ago I found this site, started on the supplements, and have been AF since then.

I'm proud to be where I am today and each day I hope to finally leave AL behind me for ever.

H
          Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

I used to drink up to 6 corts of beer on every off day i had. There are about two and a half glasses of beer per cort. And i was off on mon and wed. The amount of alcohol for that beer is 5%. So was i goin overboard. I'd sometimes drink a 750ml 13%Alc bottle of wine and then two or three corts. Either way, one thing i can say, is that once i started i couldn't stop. Everytime i'd go buy only one cort, and then end up goin back and gettin two more, then back for 3more. Crazy. But this addiction is powerful. I don't sit craving a drink, well not most times, but once i hav one i crave more like crazy thanks
            Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
            AF since 04th May 2010
            Fell overboard on the 8th July!
            My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
            :crazymonkey:

Comment

I would have at least 10 units a day for 5 or more days a week. I figured I was spending upwards of $400 a month just to keep the cheap shit around and I was at a DUI BAC level MOST of the time. How sad!!

Comment

Working...
              X