Just something i wrote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just something i wrote!

I've come to a point where i am losing everything i have.
    I've come to a point where everything isn't as simple as picking up that bottle and
    drowning out all my emotions.
    I've lost all my drive and i've lost all my will but i'm still desperate not to go down this road again.
    It's a dark path that leads to nowhere and i feel like i am helpless and trapped in my self made cage.
    I feel desperate to change but unable to concentrate long enough to do anything for a long period.
    I feel like i can't stick to anything i say i want to do.
    It's like i have a voice in my head telling me that it's pointless and a waste of time, because
    i'm never going to make it. It keeps me believing that i'm never going to succeed.
    I have come to the point where, either i make the change or i face losing everything that i have.
    So what do i do? What can i say? Where do i turn, now that i cannot help myself?
    I've been addicted for years, to everything that i've ever tried.
    I started drinking and became addicted, i started smoking and became addicted, i started drugs and became addicted.
    I now need to get addicted to being clean, but it doesn't seem as easy to become addicted to life
    as it was with all the other unhealthy options out there.
    Why do i feel the need to drink? Why do i feel abnormal when i'm not drinking?
    Why the hell is it so hard to just stop and never drink again?

I've been trying to figure out what is keeping me in this rut. I have come up with a couple things i think
    may be causing me to keep relapsing.
    First, i don't really like myself, second i feel unworthy and third, i feel i'm lost in the field of responsibilty.
    I hate myself, i can't stand hearing my own voice, i can't stand looking in the mirror.
    These are all a culminatuion of the mistakes and screw ups that i've made.
    I feel like i can't trust myself, and all the times i've messed up, it's put more and more disbelief in myself
    which has led me to feel bad about myself and it's a downward spiral.
    The unworthy feeling i have also stops me from wanting a better life and wanting better things because
    i don't believe i deserve better than what i have, i don't believe i deserve a happy, fulfilled life.
    I don't believe i deserve to be everything that i want to be, and it all boils down to how i feel toward myself.
    The responsibilty issue is huge for me, as i've never had to take responsibilty for my life or my actions and
    it's a huge hole in my recovery. I need to get responsible and take on life and come out on top without the help of others.
    I'm not sure where to get the responsibility i need in my life and have even considered
    starting National Service of some kind, or joining and helping out at a charity group or something like that.
    I'm really not sure what to do, but i need to be drilled hard and broken down from this
    stubborn person that i've become, to a more responsible adult.
    It's a bad habit, but i believe i can be broken out of it and taught the right ways.

One thing i know i haven't been honest about is the fact that i am an alcoholic.
    I've never really believed it, and that is the worst mistake i could've ever made.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people that he didn't exist and
    that is how it is with alcohol for me.
    I keep trying to make myself believe i can drink, that i can handle it, when in truth
    i really can't and that is the only thing i have ever proved; That i can't drink.
    So now i need to find out why i feel so adiment to drink when i know that i cannot.
    What makes me feel like a loser, or abnormal for not being able to drink, and why do i see
    drinking and being pissed all the time as alright and normal.
    What do i need to do to get my mindset right, to the point where not drinking doesn't bother me.
    Where Not drinking feels like the norm and not visa versa.
    I am in desperate need of truth and acceptance and i am in desperate need of God and selfworth and responsibility.
    I need to change and find myself.
    I need to learn about me, and about what i need to, make it through to the sunlight because
    i cannot keep living in this dark, damp gutter like a rat, with no consequence and no fear and no morals or ambitions.
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Just something i wrote!

[QUOTE]Every now and then life tests us, but it's how we grow from those hard times that determines how we survive those moments.
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Comment

Just something i wrote!

Good for you Dizilizid, it helps to write down our thoughts and reasons why we need to stop this madness. Seems somehow clearer down in black and white.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Just something i wrote!

Hi D,
        I am way too new at sobriety myself to offer any advise but I did read your post. For myself it has been breaking it down into really small bits and wanting to find out who I really am....lost myself in alcohol at childhood. Keep posting and reading and you may find what you need to help you. I hope you have a good day.
        AF since April 19, 2010
        NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
        -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Just something i wrote!

D...that was powerful.
          I think I harbor alot of negative emotions about things I am not proud of from my past.....but I am learning to quit looking backward and look forward.....I have so much to live for....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Just something i wrote!

Dizi, thanks for sharing your deepest thoughts. I can relate to many of the things you have written, but wouldn't be able to write about it like that.

Winefree

Comment

Just something i wrote!

Thank you for sharing..
              I think many of us can identify with your thoughts.. but the fact of the matter is, its not US that is the problem - its AL!! It is highly addictive and powerful.. it knows what we want, and it promises to give us what we want! - but time and again it has proven that all it does is DESTROY us!!
              AL is so addictive, it can attract anyone, man, woman, professional, non-professional, no-one is immune.. it is madness to think our lives are better with AL when time and again it is proven not to be the case.. but thats the nature of the drug.. it draws us in.. makes us believe it will bring us happiness.. but it doesnt, it reduces us to mindless people that forget who we are..
              Katie
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Just something i wrote!

Hi Dizi
                Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I found your words a lot to take in and so brave of you to be able to write it. I read somewhere that evil is just the absence of God in our lives. I think I am going to pursue this thought as I have had a great relationship with God in the past and maybe giving up AL is actually about him calling me home. It seems to me only God is powerful enough to win this fight against AL and our many faced demons.
                Best wishes
                H
                Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Just something i wrote!

great post dizi. sums up how a lot of us feel when we are friends with AL. be strong, you can do this
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Just something i wrote!

Wow Dizi. You have put to words an amazing story of your life. You have such clarity to know all this so early in your sobriety.
                    You have certainly come to the right place. We are help to support each other. You are not alone.
                    Good luck with your journey.
                    Hippy Chick
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                    X