Good Morning....
    running late...off to work...will check in once I get to work
    SPam;....have you disappeared?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

ODAT&#60; MONday May 3rd

Sorry, Mama.

It's a public holiday here today.

Just explaining to the Next Day Threaders that I went out for a walk with son yesterday morning and when we got back hubby said "shower, pack, we're going away for the rest of the weekend!"

We went to a beautiful village about 90 mins north. Had some great food and did some good shopping. Have picked up some good clothes and a lovely handbag for my holiday.

We found a great toy shop and hubby and I bought more than son did!

How are you, Mama? Any news on that interview?

Comment

ODAT&#60; MONday May 3rd

Hi, is this the ODAT thread?
      Anyone mind if I join in?
      A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

ODAT&#60; MONday May 3rd

No Worries, IJR, all welcome here.

Just chat about anything. As with most threads, it's a bit girlie dominated but we can handle a man or two.

Some days we talk about about our families, other days we talk about work. Sometimes we even talk about doing battle with the enemy!

Some days the thread is quiet and sometimes it's busy. If no-one has started it when you get here, feel free to do so.

It's a bit quiet at the moment as it's a public holiday in Australia and UK.

Mama Bear should be back soon when she gets to work.

KatieB is probably already asleep.

Can I ask about your child? Do you have a boy or girl? How old? I know it's a dodgy subject so tell me to go away if it's going too far.

Spam xx

Comment

ODAT&#60; MONday May 3rd

No no not a dodgy subject at all Spam, I have a boy, he is 3 in July - I haven't seen him since the barring order 5 months ago and no prospect of seeing him in the foreseeable future, all texts and calls to my wife are ignored and the solicitors are playing games, delaying it as long as possible and so on.
          There are rights of course, I could go to court for access but being labeled as a gambling, wife abuser and alcoholic by the same judge will do me no justice, so better wait to see if the solicitors and wife will come around and grant me supervised access, an advisor told me that because I am labelled that, its best to take whatever I get. I have no other plans, I came out clean, told them I was an alcoholic and was drinking on the night in question so perjury comes into play too, but being honest is the best thing now, perhaps if I am seen to be improving my lifestyle and going to meetings and therapy that might all change and proper access will be granted but that's a long way down the line.

Sorry didn't mean to go on, but its good to get it out.

It bank holiday here too in Ireland.. now I am really going to the beach
          A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

ODAT&#60; MONday May 3rd

In this case, I think honesty is the best policy. Tell the truth, get the help and then get RESPECT and get to see your son.

I'm sure it hurts like hell now, not seeing him, but imagine life in future when you lead a "normal" life and you get to see him more often and you're trusted with him. That will make this battle worth while.

As I said before, I think you've got it in you. I think you are a STRONG person. So, keep fighting for the better life. You'll feel small improvements within yourself within a month!

However, I have never gone through this myself so I know nothing about it.

Have a good walk along the beach. Hope you have a paddle.

Just to make you feel good....Autumn in Queensland, Australia so the temperature has plummeted to a chilly 26 degrees. Couldn't go swimming today as the surf temp was "only" 23 degrees. Please bear in mind, I was a Londoner until 5 years ago, so I know about those grey Atlantic seas.

Comment

ODAT&#60; MONday May 3rd

Those new guys must be looking over Mama's shoulder.

Off to bed soon. Catch up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X