When things go wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When things go wrong!

What happens when things get out of hand. Emotions run high; they seem hard to handle without AL. What happens when something pisses you off? It's hard to not grab that drink. Everythin seems so strange and hard. I feel if i think too far ahead, i start drivin myself crazy. The thought of never ever drinkin again drives me completely nuts. I just can't seem to cope with that thought. So one day at a time, one minute at a time kinda makes sense, but in that moment of weakness, the addict mind takes the reigns and you don't think too clearly. I know i can't drink. I know if i have one, i won't stop. It's a thin line. Just need some motivation right now.
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

When things go wrong!

i cant look at the big 'forever' picture. i am just not going to drink today. someone here suggested to me, when you're having that moment, something bad has happened, how do you cope etc. fast forward 24/48 hours and see the situation from there, what would happen sober, what would happen if you had a drink. i find it really helpful, the sober picture is always a better outcome.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

When things go wrong!

I have two thoughts when things don't go the way they are expected to;

1. Remember things always work out in the end, and will do only if I stay AF.
      2. If I have a drink I'll go right back into the impossible nightmare that was a continuous problem.

That's about it really.

Comment

When things go wrong!

Hi dizilizid,
        my emotions still runs high it just happens out of the blue have to hide myself because, i still crying. I know what it is deep down i really want a drink but i go along with the flow and it does pass. Yes and when i feel like im going crazy it like my head is like a washing machine or i feel like a headless chicken not sure if im coming or going it worse if your shopping because i cant think straight. I use to look ahead and to far a head dont do that no more, it is strange and hard but it so worth it beleive me.
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
        X