Hardest Part Of Being Sober...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is looking back and realizing all the missed chances to spend with the people I care about, not fully enjoying the life that was going on around me. I know I can't change the past but I can learn from it. These are now some of the reasons I stay sober. I now cherish every second I spend with my son on Saturdays. I hope my girlfriend and her kids will forgive so I can return home to my family.
    I want to thank you my friends for being here for me. I may not post a lot but all the posts on here got me through some tough moments and gave me hope.
    Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
    No more bad future-Skull Skates

Great insight Sk8. You've got a good thing going. When we drink we miss out on so much of our lives. How true. Let' not miss another minute.

Winefree

Comment

Hi sk8punk,

So pleased to hear that you have maintained sobriety.. and it is a great thing that you can now cherish time with your son, I am finding the same thing with mine.. being sober, you find new ways to enjoy life, and with a clear head, life can be much more enjoyable..
      All the best,
      Katie x
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Good to see you posting sk8punk. Glad you are enjoying your time with your son, bet he loves the new you.
        AF since April 19, 2010
        NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
        -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

sk8punk, glad to see a post from you, i can relate 1oo% on your post,it is ,it can and it will continue to get better. goodjob and keep in touch!

Comment

Working...
          X