Feeling lost and down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lost and down

Hi. I'm feeling totally lost and down. I drank a lot last night. I spent an awesome day with my wife, and we were having such a wonderful day, and when i left home to go back to my moms place, i somehow decided to stop for a beer, which turned into 6 or seven and i was so drunk i was hardly able to drive. I was throwing up and felt like i was gonna die. When my wife called me, i tried hiding it, but i couldn't even talk properly. Now she's told me i've let her down for the last time, and she never wants to see me again. And she's taking my 1year old son. This has scared me into submission. I need to stop this. I need that mind set change to happen right now. I'm feeling really low, and i'm in tears. I can't stop myself from drinking. I need an Aha moment. Someone Plz try make the penny drop for me. Bombard me with advice please. I really need it now. I want to win, and be AF.
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

Feeling lost and down

Diz,

I think you have already had your aha moment. You cannot carry on the way you are going.

Take some deep breaths from now and try and calm down. Get yourself re-hydrated. Loads and loads of water.

You need a good solid plan. Have a look in the link below to try and get some ideas. Don't make it too hard for now, keep it doable.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I'm going to bump up the 'Rain in my heart' thread. It's a real eye opener. Please watch it.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Ok diz, I will hopefully help the penny drop for you.
      I lost my wife, home and 2 year old child a few months ago because I was doing the same thing as you are now doing.
      Please, for your sake, your wife and child, and mine and everyone else here... get it better, tell your wife you are now 100% stopped and will prove you can be the man she married, come here and tell us every day how you are getting on.
      It’s a choice, you could have just gone to your mums and not go to the pub, I know Diz this is not easy cause I have been there, but do you know what? I would give anything, anything to be where you are now – with a chance to get it all back.

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Diz,
        I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through.. this is like JC said, your 'aha' moment.. you know you MUST change.. and the power lies with you.. you have to tell AL where to go! Maybe get some books out on addiction.. learn about this illness and learn about yourself.. you need to focus on yourself right now, and getting better and rid of this addiction, then everything else will fall into place.. keep coming here too.. this place is fantastic if you use it right, come here for support as you are doing, check in every day as wannachange says.. we are here for you, we will do what we can to help you..
        Please dont drink to deal with what you are going through now, as AL will just make you more depressed and will not solve any problems but hurt you more.. you can get through this, you need to have faith in yourself.. :l
        Katie xxx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Thanks everyone. I will be on everyday. And i am goin to read and learn as much as possible. Cause you're right. This is my AHA Moment. I'll keep updating
          AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Feeling lost and down

That;s good diz, sorry if I sounded a little harsh, it's just your story is so very similar to mine and if someone told me then what I know now I would not be in this mess, hindsight is a great thing and for those who experienced the pain this AL can cause are here to tell the tale, advise, support and be there for those going through the same.

Looking forward to your updates.

Comment

Feeling lost and down

I'm goin through the same thing. No one understands. They all just blame me for being irresponsible. My folks, my wife, everyone that i thought would stand by me. They all think i'm doin this on purpose. But they don't understand hey Dizi. They can't. We can help each other, and these people on this site know what it's really like to be like us. To new beginnings to both of us. AF LIVING FROM NOW ON. Ciao
              Drinking is like beating your head into a brick wall!:headbanger:

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Have you heard?

dizilizid;848099 wrote: Hi. I'm feeling totally lost and down. I drank a lot last night. I spent an awesome day with my wife, and we were having such a wonderful day, and when i left home to go back to my moms place, i somehow decided to stop for a beer, which turned into 6 or seven and i was so drunk i was hardly able to drive. I was throwing up and felt like i was gonna die. When my wife called me, i tried hiding it, but i couldn't even talk properly. Now she's told me i've let her down for the last time, and she never wants to see me again. And she's taking my 1year old son. This has scared me into submission. I need to stop this. I need that mind set change to happen right now. I'm feeling really low, and i'm in tears. I can't stop myself from drinking. I need an Aha moment. Someone Plz try make the penny drop for me. Bombard me with advice please. I really need it now. I want to win, and be AF.
                Hey mate I'm pretty new to the forum, so I'm not sure how it all works, but have you heard of Baclofen, and the whole Heal Thyself phenomenon? It's being touted as the cure for alcoholism, which has been called "uncurable". Please get your hands on this book ASAP, and get yourself a perscription for Baclofen. The book is "Heal Thyself", by Olivier Ameisen - totally amazing story...

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Dizilizid
                  Im so with u I feel the same today I was doing so well seven days AF then I got some news that I didn't get a job i really wanted and I drank so much I couldnt evn wake up and I had my three year old w me. Im at a loss I need that epiphany too. Or someone to hold my hand through these first thirty days. Would you like to meet here every night around eight i know there is a time difference but I just need someoone to be accountable too.

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Thanks paul. I will check all that out. Welcome and good luck with your recovery. Koki, i can't be on everynight cause i work most night, but hey, private message me, keep postin. Everyone here is a great help. Write poetry in my angel n demons poetry Corner in just starting. Koki, do you hav a wife?
                    AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Feeling lost and down

Dizlizard,

See my post to you under "Long Term Abstainers" You can do this.

M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                      X