Tally Cowgal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tally Cowgal

I did not know her but how sad, and how did this happen if she had so much support ??
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I hope MA is @ peace. She sure did disturb the peace of all her loved ones left behind, both in reality and the virtual world. Suicide makes me very angry but I do have compassion. No one can be in their right mind if they attempt and succeed in taking their life when they are physically healthy.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I too remember when Mary Anne's last episode hit the threads, and we were all so concerned. How do we get from upset, to really upset, to taking it all?

I am so sorry for Mary Anne's children and her other loved ones.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

luCKy;849279 wrote: I hope MA is @ peace. She sure did disturb the peace of all her loved ones left behind, both in reality and the virtual world. Suicide makes me very angry but I do have compassion. No one can be in their right mind if they attempt and succeed in taking their life when they are physically healthy.
          I struggle with this, too. It leaves a terrible legacy for the kids especially. I can only hope the peace they attain is worth the havoc they leave behind.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I too have felt very sad today after reading about Cowgal. I have never posted with her and am fairly new to this site. But I do a lot of reading here (and post on the meds thread). This has left my heart so heavy with emotion, I am not sure how to handle this. I too have been depressed and suicidal (mostly in my teens and twenties) and an alcoholic for over eight years now. I don't know how to feel - this has hit me so hard and this is someone I didn't even know except for her posts. Such a wonderful woman from what I read. How could this happen? I have known 4 people who have committed suicide and two that died from herion OD. So much pain left behind. I am soo sad for her family and friends here. If only she would have let someone know. I pray for her and all of you here and her family. So so sad:upset: Depression and AL are so devastating together and each is bad enough in itself;(
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Life is such a very special and fragile thing. We all lose sight of that because it becomes ordinary for us living it. But, once life is extinguished by our own hand, I imagine there is much regret. Suicide leads to philosophy so I should probably step away from the topic. I do wish MA peace and deep peace to her loved ones, although I don't know how that is even possible. FUCK SUICIDE!

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I have only been on MWO 6 days so did not know Cowgirl at all.

Right now my thoughts are with all the MWOers who did and are mourning her.

Hugz to everyone here. I truly hope this does not destabilise anyone's goals.

FeeBee.
                :l
                Abstinence from November 01 2009
                Relapse New Years Eve 2009
                Totally alcohol free since January 01 2010
                TSM from May 11 2010

Comment

Tally Cowgal

So sad - God Bless her family and hopefully she has found some peace at last.
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I am so sad to hear about this today. I have not logged on to MWO in a while and only did so today after a phone call from a fellow friend here.

As some of you may remember, I lost my Dad to suicide a little over a year ago. After that, I pretty much stopped posting and being a part of what was going on here. It has been a difficult year as a family member losing someone to this.

However, Maryanne and I had become friends and had planned to meet the next time I was in Tallahassee. I am saddened that my chance to meet her will not happen.

I just wanted to say a little about suicide, to those of you who are are struggling with why she did not reach out, or call. I have researched it, lived with it, and honestly struggled with the issue once years ago. Once you hit a certain level of hopelessness, you honestly do not believe that life is worth living, and that maybe your burdens are not only more than YOU can bear, but you believe that your burdens are too much for others. Calling someone is out of the picture when you are at that place.

That is certainly not the truth, but it somehow becomes YOUR truth. It is a distortion; a lie, but a lie can become your truth if you believe it long enough. I do not fully understand it, but I do not believe for one minute that she set out that morning with the intention to end her life.

KateH1 had some great things to say. Alcohol robs you of the real you. I am so saddened that it took her life, but I believe in a God who is merciful, and that she is in His arms.
                    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Many times I have started a response, only to back space.
                      I am at a loss.
                      This makes me so very sad.
                      * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I have also been trying to come to grips with this for the past 24 hours.

Shock, incomprehension, spurts of anger, impossible helplessness, bottomless sadness.

How could this happen? Why did this happen?

I don't believe it was just alcohol. Like many of us, for me the despair preceded the alcohol, the alcohol relieved the despair at first, and then exacerbated it later on.

Like most people here, I never met MaryAnne in person, yet I felt close to her. We shared and commiserated with each other, and, like many others here, I found an always supportive person in her, and a person willing to give and to ask for help.

It is an unfathomable tragedy.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Tally Cowgal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group *MWO* Candles - Light A Candle
                          :notes:
                          Lion

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Group *mwo* Candles - Light A Candle
                            :notes:
                            Lion

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Thanks for the candles, Lion.

Very wise words, Prest. It is true that people get to a place where they are beyond our reach. So Sad.
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I also like to say thank you as well, Lion.
                                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                                X