Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tally Cowgal

Tragic...
    Although i was never fortunate enough to get to know CG ,i know she touched many on here and my sadness is for everyone who was lucky enough to have her in their life and who is now feeling the pain
    God Bless MA and sweet dreams xx

Comment

Tally Cowgal

beatle;849442 wrote:
      I don't believe it was just alcohol. Like many of us, for me the despair preceded the alcohol, the alcohol relieved the despair at first, and then exacerbated it later on.

It is an unfathomable tragedy.
      Beatle, I suspect this is true in MA's case although I did not know her well. Having a brother who has made several attemps at suicide and knowing him all my life, I see that his mental illness (anxiety, depression, and who knows what else) preceded his drug addiction. And, like alcohol, when the two mix together, it is deadly. Treating someone like this is very very complicated and I have seen how the health care system and community services has continued to fail him (even sometimes with the best of intentions).

M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Tally Cowgal

luCKy;849287 wrote: Life is such a very special and fragile thing. We all lose sight of that because it becomes ordinary for us living it. But, once life is extinguished by our own hand, I imagine there is much regret. Suicide leads to philosophy so I should probably step away from the topic. I do wish MA peace and deep peace to her loved ones, although I don't know how that is even possible. FUCK SUICIDE!
        yes , I agree, fuck suicide, I have to admit, yesterday I was more annoyed with her than sad,but it is very sad and I am saddened but I know a boy ,a close friend of hubbs family who took his life at 19 , and whos dad had taken his life a few yrs before him and I really believe in my heart that if his dad had not killled himself, neither would he and that suicide leaves a terrible legacy for ones family and friends and leaves peeps, even the most half baked aquintences feeling guilty, its not good . However I do realise I am a lucky one who has never experienced the depths of a depression so I cant and prob never will really understand why anyone would want to kill themselves.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Limers...so true. Children of parents who have committed suicide are at a much higher risk of committing suicide themselves.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!

Comment

Tally Cowgal

[quote=Fibejebe;849290]I have only been on MWO 6 days so did not know Cowgirl at all.

Feebee, hugs right back at you, and thanks for your kind thoughts, please stick around xxx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I think Lucky hit the right button, a person who commits suicide is /cannot think clearly. When you are at that stage everything looks black and hopeless. Depression to is a terrible disease. I know she is with God now, HE will understand. I ache for her boys.
              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Just wanted ya'll to know I talked to Mike I few minutes ago, and the funeral is Monday, he is going to e-mail me all the details so that anyone that wants to send anything, will have the opportunity. I was thinking maybe we could take up a collection and do a savings bond or something for the boys?? I will send flowers also, but I really think she'd rather us spend the money on the boys. Mike said they are doing better than he is, he is very upset. I know they were estranged, but they are still the parents of the boys, and spent alot of their life together. My heart goes out to all of them. I was going to try to go, but I couldn't get a ticket for less than an arm and a leg, its Mother's Day weekend, etc.... That's another thing, I can't believe she did this the week of Mother's Day.....they'll never, ever forget how tragic this was, for the rest of their lives. Rest in Peace Mary Ann, you are missed already. I'll post the details when I get them.
                "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Thanks TIT, big hugs to you ............ let us know how we can send a donation ......... My prayers are really with the boys right now ........... xxx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Tally Cowgal

From what I know MA had ALOT of issues....al being a minor one....I cared about her and am deeply saddened by her choice, but I hope she is at peace...I have been horribly depressed before, but I could never do this to my kids and family
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Thank you TIT for the update. And please let us know where we may send a donation. I love the idea of doing something for the boys.
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!

Comment

Tally Cowgal

For http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3OnSQc48s[/video]]YouTube - Wildfire- Michael Martin Murphey

For Cowgirl, you will be missed

Comment

Tally Cowgal

This is tragic!!
                          My heart goes out to her family and friends she left behind -- I hope MA has found peace now.
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Rip maryanne,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Tally Cowgal

Thanks TIT. For those of us who knew her in person, we could see the constant pain in her. You were a good friend.
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Tally Cowgal

I am typing this in tears...I stumbled across a thread going back to Jan 2010 in which it said that CowGal (MaryAnne) was on a life support machine and was critically ill, I searched the forum for news to see how she was fairing since that time, praying that she made a full recovery.
                                During my search for news I found lots of wonderful threads about her and the ups and downs she faced in her life. I read about her new apartment her trip to South Africa and thought what a wonderful person she must be and then I found the thread from VirgilCaine posted on 5.5.2010 saying that she had been found dead in her apartment.
                                How tragic that she was spared back in January only to be taken so soon afterwards... I am distraught I didn't know MaryAnne but she was obviously a lovely person going by the lovely comments all her friends have left for her and her family...my love and heart felt best wishes goes out to all she left behind...god bless CowGal :h:h:h:h

Comment

Working...
                                X