ALL WE CAN IS TRY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

well good morning everyone .. this is a sad day with the lost of a loved member .. she was very talented in every way and had so much going for her .. and i wish i knew what was going on in her mind ...when she give up ..depression loneliness .. the feeling of not being loved..but she was loved here at the site and had all the numbers to call and reach out to someone ,anyone .. and yes this is a very bad hit home for me ..and i know the reasons all too well .. but lets not look at the bad and the lost of a loved one .. but lets learn to open our eyes and see the bigger picture here ..reach out and help yourself .. to everything that around you .. use the numbers that people have given you ..dont be afraid to open up and let it out .. we are not alone .. al and depression has killed another one so lets stop it here and now .. please make the call
    maryanne tayor // cowgal
    rip died 5/4/2010
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

Mary Anne was such a beautiful person and had so much going for her. She had so many friends who loved her. Why did she not reach out to one of us? Why did she not share her pain and let us help her? This is so sad. She seemed so excited and experienced so much joy on her trip to Africa! WHY? If only she had been honest about her feelings and her pain and let someone help her. I pray for her family and all of us who loved her dearly. You are already missed so much, my dear friend. I hate you did not know how much you were loved. I hope you are in Jesus' loving arms now and the pain is gone.
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

This is a good time to reflect. Reflect on our own lives and our relationship to alcohol and/or drugs. What do we each need to do to rid ourselves of the grip of addiction and the insanity and destruction that it brings along with it. Love does not cure addiction. If only it did!

Maryanne has been in the grips of addiction for a very long time. Why did she not reach out.....Alcohol robs us of our core selves, it robs us of rational thinking, it robs us of our hope and our reason. Alcohol drives many of us to the depths of despair. MA did not choose to end her life because of what anyone did or did not do, here or elsewhere. Just weeks ago, Maryanne was given a true miracle, the miracle of a second chance. She came back to MWO to experience one of the greatest out pourings of love and support that I have ever seen anywhere. But, she was unable to truly absorb this experience due to alcohol and drugs. We cannot both "Numb Out" and "Live in the Moment"....we cannot absorb some experience and emotion and yet numb out the rest. Life becomes completely distorted by addiction.

Here at MWO, we have recently lost 2 very dear friends due to addiction. Let's use these experiences to reflect on ourselves, our attitudes towards addiction, especially our own. None of us know what the next binge could be bring, none of us know when drinking will cause grave illness or even personal loss of family and friends. And, none of us know when we might also loose our life to it.

Alcohol and drugs are truly the BEAST, we have to fight them with all we have......fight them with fire, fighting the beast with feathers and soft words, just does not beat the Beast!

Let us pay tribute to the lives of those that we have lost by learning from their experience. That would truly be the hightest tribute to their lives and their sharing.
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

Thank you, Roger and Well said, Kate.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

KateH1;848923 wrote: This is a good time to reflect. Reflect on our own lives and our relationship to alcohol and/or drugs. What do we each need to do to rid ourselves of the grip of addiction and the insanity and destruction that it brings along with it. Love does not cure addiction. If only it did!

Maryanne has been in the grips of addiction for a very long time. Why did she not reach out.....Alcohol robs us of our core selves, it robs us of rational thinking, it robs us of our hope and our reason. Alcohol drives many of us to the depths of despair. MA did not choose to end her life because of what anyone did or did not do, here or elsewhere. Just weeks ago, Maryanne was given a true miracle, the miracle of a second chance. She came back to MWO to experience one of the greatest out pourings of love and support that I have ever seen anywhere. But, she was unable to truly absorb this experience due to alcohol and drugs. We cannot both "Numb Out" and "Live in the Moment"....we cannot absorb some experience and emotion and yet numb out the rest. Life becomes completely distorted by addiction.

Here at MWO, we have recently lost 2 very dear friends due to addiction. Let's use these experiences to reflect on ourselves, our attitudes towards addiction, especially our own. None of us know what the next binge could be bring, none of us know when drinking will cause grave illness or even personal loss of family and friends. And, none of us know when we might also loose our life to it.

Alcohol and drugs are truly the BEAST, we have to fight them with all we have......fight them with fire, fighting the beast with feathers and soft words, just does not beat the Beast!

Let us pay tribute to the lives of those that we have lost by learning from their experience. That would truly be the hightest tribute to their lives and their sharing.
          well said thank you
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

Kate, if you don't mind me asking, who is the other member that passed away??
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

Thank you both for helping me to understand this terrible tragedy. I will miss Cowgal's undeniable spirit.

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

this just made me cry
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

ALL WE CAN IS TRY

There are some lovely heart felt posts here guys, thank you.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                  X