Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AL Detox Time

Meech,
    Sounds like you are really planning ahead, and have come up with a great way to tackle AL - that's fantastic! Yup, I think CD's are best to be listened too once the kids are in bed!
    Keep going as you are, you are doing fantastic!
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

AL Detox Time

Thanks KatieB.

Watched a movie with kids and had popcorn. My head shall be sober once more as it lands on my pillow tonight!!!! Hurray.

Comment

AL Detox Time

Meech;852687 wrote: Thanks KatieB.

Watched a movie with kids and had popcorn. My head shall be sober once more as it lands on my pillow tonight!!!! Hurray.
        :yay: thats great.. isn't it much more fun being able to watch a movie sober? you can remember everything and enjoy it properly! and your kids will love you all the more for it too..
        Katie x

Comment

AL Detox Time

Meech - Well done! When I can manage to forgo the evening wine, the time with my children is so special. I don't want them to have 2 mummies any more. You are doing great!
          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

AL Detox Time

Meech,
            Great work on your plan, and good for you for being the mum you should. Thanks for sharing.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hi Meech. Just keep repeating.... i dont need alcohol, i dont need alcohol.
              :goodjob:
              HC
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AL Detox Time

Meech - GREAT JOB!!!!!!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AL Detox Time

Morning Meech.
                  Just checking in and sending my cyber love.
                  Hope you are doing well. Keep up the good work.
                  HC
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hey Meech,
                    Just checkign in to lend my support as well. You've done great!! I like your plan. Keep at it!! :l
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Yippee I made it through week 1 AF

Hi Everyone,

Papmom, Hippy Chick, Nora C, Tulipe, Not tonight, KatieB
                      Thank you so much for posting on my thread today with your encouraging words. This is really keeping me focussed on what I TRULY WANT. :thanks:

I managed to listen to CD before sleep last night. Today was so busy that I really didn't even think about AL. I just thought about a healthy supper when I finally got in the door.

Today went smoothly. Quite surprised. I figure tomorrow will be much tougher but I'm ready to fight.

I am going to listen to a wee bit of my CD now as it is bedtime.

Tuesday's Plan:
                      1) Tomorrow wake up fresh and bike ride with the kids to school

2) Exercise then Work (half day)

4) May go to a special fun youth event in the evening. It may be the key to keeping me distracted from cravings and spend quality time with my kids.

5) Eat before the cravings really kick in. If I feel myself caving I must repeat to myself:
                      "just fight off the first drink, sober head on pillow when I go to bed, no regrets tomorrow, wake up fresh to day 9AF. No regrets."

I can do this, I am stronger than AL, I will do this.

Goodnight all. Congrats to all those AF achievers today. I know some had some BIG milestones today (30 days). Bravo!
                      Meech:h

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hi Meech.

Like you said just keep repeating what you want.... sober head on the pillow, no regrets tomorrow, wake up fresh.....

It is good to write out your plan for each day. Someone said last week that a goal without a plan is just a wish!! How true is that. I try to write lists and leave them around so I can remind myself of things.

Take care and stay strong. You can do it, you are stronger than AL.

Hip
                        I finally got it!

Comment

AL Detox Time

On to Week Two AF

Thanks Hippy. Yes I AM STRONGER THAN AL!!!!! I have only made it day 8 once before this year. And I think I am feeling stronger this time (however it's morning and not near the AL witching hours that are yet to come).

Got kiddies off to school. now time for my excercise and some work.

Absolutely Beautiful day out there today. Wanted to do a quick post now. :sun:

I will come back later at break time and write out my feelings and plan for today/tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day in your area of the planet!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Turning lemon into lemonade

Day 8AF.

My tummy is in turmoil. There's a stomache virus going around here and I think I have a touch of it. Haven't strayed too too far from home.

Got the exercise in and a bit of work. Good news is that won't make me want to drink.
                            Don't need any alcohol poured down my troubled stomach.

Peppermint and Chamomile tea seem to be easing it. Stick with that tonight!

See even viruses can have their shining light if you look hard enough!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Morning Meech.
                              Isnt it ironic how a tummy bug can actually help you get thru day 8 and into day 9 - unknown territory!
                              Hope you are feeling better.
                              Your comment about lemons and lemonade made me smile. At my gym there is a list of all funny sayings and one says something like.. When life gives you lemons, grab the vodka and ring a girlfriend.... strange thing to be on a wall at the gym I know. That was our previous life. Now we can make lemonade and actually enjoy it.
                              Still trying to work out the time difference for everyone around the planet, but i think you should be into your day 9 now. Well done. Be proud of yourself and remember that feeling as it will give you strength.
                              Take care and I will check in later.
                              HC x
                              I finally got it!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hi Meech,

Looks like you are doing really well!! It's great that you have a plan for each day.. which is fantastic; to keep busy and active, healthy.. it sounds like you are doing all the right things.
                                Sorry to hear about your "tummy trouble", but like you say, at least that means you won't be tempted to drink at all! sometimes viruses are blessings in disguise! i wish you all the best for your next AF day..
                                Katie xx

Comment

Working...
                                X