• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AL Detox Time

Like your approach, best of luck .

Comment

AL Detox Time

Thanks rrwine! I'm hoping it's a successful one!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hi Meech,

If you're making mocktails could I please have a Shirley Temple and can I have a little umbrella in it.

J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

AL Detox Time

Another great day in Soberville

Well I made it through with little trouble today. I have a big trail run tomorrow so can't be feeling like a bag of pooh for that.

Had my peach fizz drink...didn't end up getting all my ingredients for this new mocktail. Tomorrow.

I am tuckered. Busy day with lots of kids and lots of cleaning. Hubby just got home, so I shall visit with him then take the last supps and listen to "Clearing CD" and off to sleep.

Last big AF stretch I went for I think was 18 days back in February. This time around it's been easier (NOT EASY, just Easier). But I know I'll have many more hard nights.

Perhaps the CD's and supps. are really helping to take the edge off. I seem to be able to block the whole notion of drinking out of my mind (for the most part). Like it's not an option whatsoever so don't even bother thinking about it, period.

Can this be happening to me? Can my dreams of sobriety really, be happening to me?
          I get so much more done in the day it's incredible (work, fun, play, time with kids).

Wow all the time I have wasted; utterly and pathetically wasted by drinking and then being hungover over the years.

Meech

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hey Meech,
            You go girl11 You are kicking ass and I'm so proud of you!! Just keep doing what you're doing and don't let the beast come calling again. I know I won't. If you get down and think, what the hell, I have nothing to do tomorrow, I'm not worth being sober for and I deserve a hangover (yep, I actually said that to myself last Friday nite), just look back on your journal and visualize how great you feel every morning when you wake up now.
            Sounds like you're getting some great exercise-wow, you get to bike the kids to school and home, trail rides right by your house, a view of the mountains-I think you live in paradise!! Where you find the time to cook is beyond me. I think the combo of exercise, good food, fresh mountain air and great sleep is what is going to keep you on this path, not to mention an very supportive hubby. Keep up the good work.
            Where is CA do you live approx? I have an Aunt who lives half the year 30 min outside of Nelson, BC. I got to visit her for 10 days about 12 years ago and I didn't want to leave! She lives on top of a mountain and there is a huge lake at the bottom on the other side of the road. It was pure heaven!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Great Sober Day

Hi Papmom,

I LOVE NELSON! Wicked place. Talk about a granola, hippy, artsy beautiful peaceful place. I do the triathlon there every August and I don't want to leave.

We live one valley east (between two mountain ranges) and it's as equally beautiful. Mountains, lakes, countless trails. Small town atmosphere which is loving and supportive to raise the kids in. Everything is in walking or biking distance and I rarely use the van. The kids get a tonne of exercise because they either have to walk or bike to school, soccer, dance, baseball, tennis etc.....

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Over the past 6 years, the alcohol has really gotten in the way of this great life. I have so many outdoor things to do and when I drink I bury myself in shame and pain in my bed and do minimal activity with the kids and myself. IT"S CRAZY I KEEP DRINKING. Throw all this fun and beauty away for a freaking buzz. Stupid and weak. :damn:

But no more. The last 11 days I have done soooooooo much positive stuff with every faucet of my life. this is living and it's a wonderful price to pay for not having a alcohol buzz.

I'd rather be high on life, sober and free. And I thank God, and I thank God for this site as it has helped me so much to a better life! :h :wavin:

No Regrets, that's how I want to live everyday for the rest of my life.

Comment

AL Detox Time

Yea Meech!!:goodjob:!! You print this post out, put it in an inspiring frame and look at it every nite at the witching hour.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Thanks Papmom. I will!!

I think tonight will be okay as I have way too busy (play busy) day tomorrow and need a good healthy supper and sleep.

Tomorrow night will be a REAL TOUGH ONE. Sunday night's are like most people's Fri/Sat. that's when my "unwinding evening is".

REALLY need to be ready with a plan and read through this entire thread. Maybe even jump into the "tool box".
                  Thanks again for all the encouraging words!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Well if eating helps curb your appetite for alcohol I won't drink for 10yrs

I had a huge pasta dinner with the family. I'm stuffed and carb loaded for tomorrow's active day.

I have safely eaten my way into Day13 tomorrow. LOL

Kidding aside, I did have a big urge come out of nowhere (well somewhere...my brain). It was a hot evening and I know a whole wack of cold beers would have been tempting. So I poured a goblet of peach fizzy drink and got to preparing supper.

AL BEAST was really trying to get me to focus on him (the jerk) :finger: :bat
                    But I was able to block it out easier than I have ever been able to do in the past. Perhaps those hypnotic cd's are really getting my subconcious to take control on the right course.

No Regrets tonight. No regrets when I wake up tomorrow!
                    :bedtime:

Comment

AL Detox Time

hey, where's that recipe for that awesome mocktail you were going to make?

I had Trader Joe's pomegranite/limeade with lemon/lime seltzer tonite with dinner and boy was it good!! I wanted another one but oh the sugar!!

Have fun tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hi Meech.
                        Sorry I havent been around the last few days. I was thinking of you however have been in a bad frame of mind and not very inspiring for others, so thought I would keep away as i cant offer too much when I get like that.
                        You sound like you are doing wonderfully. Well done.
                        I agree with what Papmom says about re-reading your words in your journal if you feel like giving in to the beast. When you read what your plan is when you are struggling, it gives you incentive to keep going.
                        It sounds like you have a fantastic place to live and lifestyle.
                        Keep up the daily planning and remember No Regrets.....
                        Take care Meech
                        Hip
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AL Detox Time

Morning Meech.
                          Just checking in again before i get ready for work. Hope you are still doing well. My mood is slowly lifting.
                          You must be on day 13 now. That is nearly two weeks!! Woo Hoo...:goodjob:
                          Two weeks will soon be two months...
                          No regrets......no regrets....... no regrets.....
                          Take care and will pop in again tonight.
                          HC
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AL Detox Time

Hey Meech-Hope you had a fabulous day!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AL Detox Time

It was an awesome day!

Hi Hippy Chick, JC (great tip on the coin jar) And Papmom,

Hope your spirits just keep lifting HC!

Papmom must get your mocktail recipes. I need lemon sherbert for my mocktail and they don't have any in either grocery store in town so I have to make it from scratch. I'll eventually make it!! For tonight just water. Have a great walk tomorrow morning.

Well after hiking, biking and golf I was starving. My cravings for binging on ice cold beer were through the roof after golf. Luckily our friends whom we golfed with had supper all ready to go at there place so when we were finished I pigged out - on pasta again. On the drive home I just wanted my p.j.'s and water. Had it not been for the supper I am not quite sure what would have happened. It was a VERY VULNERABLE TIME and the worst cravings I've had so far since the start of my detox.

Phew, phew and double phew!

So I am moments from having the kiddies all nestled in there bed and watch a little tv with the hubby before turning in.

OH YEAH LAST NIGHT - I don't have a sweet tooth, never had (just an alcohol tooth). But I had a duzey of a sugar craving hit last night and I really really wanted candy or anything sweet. That was very unusual for me. I wonder if it's a replacement urge because alcohol has been out of my system for almost 2 weeks. Had a bit of a sweet tooth again tonight so had some fruit leather and that seemed to help. BETTER THAN ALCOHOL

No regrets again tonight! Tomorrow is Day 14AF - 2 weeks

:h:h

Comment

AL Detox Time

Meech;858375 wrote: Hi Papmom,

I LOVE NELSON! Wicked place. Talk about a granola, hippy, artsy beautiful peaceful place. I do the triathlon there every August and I don't want to leave.

We live one valley east (between two mountain ranges) and it's as equally beautiful. Mountains, lakes, countless trails. Small town atmosphere which is loving and supportive to raise the kids in. Everything is in walking or biking distance and I rarely use the van. The kids get a tonne of exercise because they either have to walk or bike to school, soccer, dance, baseball, tennis etc.....

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Over the past 6 years, the alcohol has really gotten in the way of this great life. I have so many outdoor things to do and when I drink I bury myself in shame and pain in my bed and do minimal activity with the kids and myself. IT"S CRAZY I KEEP DRINKING. Throw all this fun and beauty away for a freaking buzz. Stupid and weak. :damn:

But no more. The last 11 days I have done soooooooo much positive stuff with every faucet of my life. this is living and it's a wonderful price to pay for not having a alcohol buzz.

I'd rather be high on life, sober and free. And I thank God, and I thank God for this site as it has helped me so much to a better life! :h :wavin:

No Regrets, that's how I want to live everyday for the rest of my life.
                                Ah! Another BC person. How nice!

BC is DEFINITELY much more beautiful through sober eyes!

Comment

Working...
                                X