Drastic Measures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drastic Measures?

Hi, day 5, dare I hope? .I broke my arm last week (sober, had just finished work), and I suppose its because my usual routine has stopped and everything is suddenly different, but it is 3 years since I got to day 5 AL free and when I think about it that was because I was away a trip for 2 weeks with a family member who doesn,t drink! I suppose this kind of thing has been discussed before, but it just shows how routine and triggers play such a big part in our problem?. I have been too busy clockwatching for painkillers time! Just watched entire raining in my heart and have been reading a lot of posts. Im so grateful to everyone on here for sharing stuff. Best wishes to you all and I hope the triggers dont get me later (Friday night) my drinking brain is whispering wee tiny thoughts like :
    "you never fall with a drink in you" how scary is that? ( Breaking a limb is NOT recommended as a way to stop, OUCH!) ha ha. x:thanks:

Drastic Measures?

well done on day 5.. not so well done on broken arm (i bet no one believes you were sober). 5 days was my max for a few years. i managed it and am still going strong, and you can too. hope your arm gets better soon... good excuse to relax and take it easy
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Drastic Measures?

Good stuff Dinnys, on 5 days, bad stuff with arm!
      Don't let Friday night scupper your success - its only a night and if you succeed tonight next Friday will be much easier, I promise.
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Drastic Measures?

Hi Dinny,
        Good job on day 5, but sorry to hear about your arm! I hope you relax and take it easy for a while. I totally understand the Friday night urge, I still get it even after 36 days. But you know what? It's just a thought that we can easily sweep away (ok, not "easily", but we CAN do it!). I'm glad you're here, keep reading and posting and let us know how you're doing.
        K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Drastic Measures?

Grateful thanks for replies, best wishes to you all. x

Comment

Working...
          X