X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for the Weekend?

Also got some gardening to do
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I bought a new (indoor) aviary so today I have rearranged my lounge room to accomodate it. I now have 2 cockatiels to boss me around. A male and female. Hmmm, babies to hand raise will keep me AF. I have also done four loads of washing (sheets and towels as well) and brought it in and folded it, changed the bed and also went to the shop for snacks. Tonight I will prepare for a meeting.
      Tomorrow I will top up spiritually and then maybe call on a few people I have to catch up with. That will take me till about 2PM. Then it will be kicking back with a movie.
      SIGH. Life AF is so much easier.
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I'm starting this one early since I actually have plans this weekend. LOL

Friday night I have been invited to a "Girls Night" at a friends house. They will have a few drinks (not out of control), I have told my sister that I will be the driver so that she can enjoy a couple (she's a very moderate drinker, but better safe than sorry).

Then Saturday I am going to a co-workers wedding. My other co-workers are all invited as well. They all tend to get carried away with their drinking. I guess at the last "work" wedding there was much stumbling around and inappropriate behavior. I am actually looking forward to being the ONLY sober person there. Oh, and I plan on having a hidden camera to catch them at their worst, you never know when you're gonna need to have some bribery material. LOL

What's everyone else up to?
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

After last weekend (it was rough) I have totally given myself to the AA program. I told my 11 year old daughter finally that Mommy is getting some help and she's happy about that.

SO,

This Friday night - AA meeting at 7:30, after come home and veg on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn and the remote.
          Saturday: 8am AA meeting with my sponsor and after we are going to breakfast to get to know each other. She seems really cool.
          11am: band practice. Disappointed them last weekend, but will NOT do it again. I will be present and be on my game from this day forward! Plus have to look hot for band pictures being taken that day too. Can't look so hot when you are shit-faced.
          Saturday night: Go out to dinner with my wonderful family! Come home and relax.
          Sunday: Go to the pumpkin patch! I LOVE fall!!!!!!!!!!

In between activites I will read some of the AA literature I picked up earlier this week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I really screwed the pooch over this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! Originally, months ago, several of my MWO 'Journey' friends were all excited about coming to spend this weekend with me at the cabin. One by one, something happened (jobs, distance, health) so it's off. I have an uncle in poor health, and his wife called and asked to use the cabin this weekend, as they've done before, and I agreed. Now, son and girls want to go! (It's in the mountains of N. Georgia, resort area, and leaves are peaking). Bummers. Can't throw out uncle's family now. I know we could all co-exist there, so we'll see. I SO love that place in the fall.
            K-9, love the new look! Getting there, congratulations on embracing a plan. Sounds like a good one, for a good reason - you.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I'm going fishing for striped bass. Will be fishing from ocean kayaks with two great friends off Barnaget bay. Nothing better!!! For you fishing geeks I'll be using a Van Staal 250 w/ a Ron Arra 6' 6" two piece custom! line TBD bait...live eel!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Wow, Tech, that's massive!! What are you fishing for?? Have a blast, be safe.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I have no idea what any of that is Techie...
                  I will be wallowing in guilt because I am one of Ruby's so called friends that can't make it to her cabin.....
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Oh, I don't know what I'll be doing - I don't have much work at the moment so the days are blending a bit. But I'm trying to enjoy it and remember that (hopefully) some day soon I'll have a full time job and I'll be thinking "remember all that free time..."

So, this Saturday I'll help with the soccer training for the little ones (trying to organise 5 year olds while their parents stand and watch is challenging!) I have a few books I want to read (my room is full of books - I can't pass a charity shop without nipping in to see what they have ) and I might try the hill walking club on Sunday - did't work out the last time. Oh, and I might practice the tin whistle a bit.

Techie, I have never been fishing - and there are so many rivers and oceans near me - I should add it to my to-do list
                    AF since 13th July 2010
                    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Well everyone seems to have busy weekends it?s lovely to read all the plans ? I like this thread but have never posted so???? tomorrow after work I am picking up my 20 month granddaughter and she is staying overnight. We are going to have a picnic dinner in the lounge with jelly and ice cream which she loves, she has a little picnic basket that she loves so we'll put a blanket down and pretend we are outside. Then bath time and I?ve bought a bubble machine to play with in the bath, a few stories and off to bed she will be asleep by 7.30pm and then I plan to relax and read. I have a pile of books untouched.

On Saturday we are heading off to a local farm that caters for children so she can see and touch the animals, play on the swings and get some autumn fresh air. I?ll take her home around teatime and then off to my parents for dinner they have some friends visiting from Canada so it will be good to catch up with them. Sunday is my catch up day with housework, washing and ironing and generally relaxing, might go out for a long walk depending on the weather.

Techie I have no idea what you are talking about but it sure does sound impressive Have a lovely sober weekend all.

Dewdrop :h
                      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Dewdrop I have a similar child friendly weekend planned too. Tomorrow I will be watching telly, saturday is a four mile walk with my son's scout group called Beavers..might take some pictures of the walk. In the afternoon we will be registering my son for swimming classes. ..tv in the evening..sunday my son is invited to a birthday party so we will be chilling at home for the rest of the time. I may take him to the park before the party pending on the weather.

None of this would be possible if I drank myself stupid..
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I find this thread quite interesting. I always wondered what most people do with their free time. What a saddo I am.lol
                          Be strong-

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

I love peering into people's homes when walking past their house
                            Be strong-

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Reb, your a closet peeper!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

rebirth;976167 wrote: I love peering into people's homes when walking past their house
                                I love doing that too When the lights are on and people are pottering about. Not creepy, I swear!!
                                AF since 13th July 2010
                                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X