Plans for the Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for the Weekend?

Oh, I love this thread - combines my love of weekends with my love of lists!!

Friday:

Town with Mam
    Catch up on MWO
    Read book

Saturday:

Haircut in the morning
    Going to a beach clean at lunch time - been wanting to for ages (not just cause there might be cute guys, I swear )
    Paint bedroom

Sunday:

Practice for interview next week
    Church
    Walk on beach
    Painting bedroom

What book are ya reading, K9? I'm reading the Grapes of Wrath - loving it!
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Friday Dinner with friends at a non alcoholic restaurant

Saturday morning breakfast with family and folks
      Saturday day shopping center
      Saturday afternoon/evening braai (bbq)

Sunday church/lunch/church

Gotta love it... gotta keep busy
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Hi Neart!
        I just finished the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, and I loved it! I'd definitely recommend it. Last night I started a new one called "Lucy", about a girl that grows up in the jungle with her father, and it turns out her mother is a Bonobo ape...its a little too sci-fi for me, but it's ok so far
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

JohnnyH - are there really such things as Non-AL restaurants? They wouldn't do very well in Ireland :H:H
          K9 - I saw your comments about the Guernsey book in the Book Club - I just finished it and loved it too - so sweet and lovely I have a stack of books waist high waiting to be read - need to turn off the computer for a while if I'm to get to them at all!
          AF since 13th July 2010
          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Anyone have anything special planned this weekend?

I'm looking forward to 3 days off, but nothing special going on. Just some housecleaning that I've been putting off...then relax and catch up on my books!

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Hi K9!

I ws just looking at last weekends plans, and I did almost everything - didn't paint my room, but I have narrowed it down to two colours, and I did tidy it all up and clear a load of stuff out, so that'll do

I dont' have many plans actually, now that I think about it. I think I'll watch a film later. Tomorrow, get a walk in, read a bit, am trying to learn the tin whistle so I might practice that a bit, and torture everyone around me! Sunday, just church and a walk. Folks having friends over for lunch so i'll give a hand, and there's one of the biggest sporting games of the year on Sunday afternoon - the All Ireland Hurling Final!! Got to watch that

Reading any good books at the moment?
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

neart I am reading a good one called One Breath at a Time.

Just chilling tonight. Park tomorrow with my son. Sunday off to a trade fair and then a barn dance!
                But no drinking allowed.
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Reading 'The Slap' at the moment, very good but dark. Hoping to buy a 6 ft bed - need ROOM!! Hubs is like an octopus when asleep! My 3 sons and Pops are going clay-pigeon shooting on Sunday and I'm pushing the boat out with a super duper Sunday dinner for them afterwards, don't often get all my men together at the same time - will miss my daughter but can't have them all I suppose!! Then back to work on Mon after 2 weeks - scarey!! Rebirth I haven't heard of a barndance for years and just got a text about one down the road from me tomorrow and you going to one on Sun!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Hi Molly,
                    I just read the description of "The Slap" and I requested it from my library...sounds good! Currently I am reading "No Direction Home", it's actually very good. I've got a pile of library books to get through this weekend!

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Going to visit Mom in Wisc. I always drink when I am there so this will be a first. I've told her that I am on meds and can't drink with them, so I think I'll be cool....
                      Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                      That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                      Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                      Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Children's birthday parties for me. Shall also fit in a run and perhaps get some time to myself in my new "studio" space. Oh, and loads of work to get done for a presentation next week.
                        Phoenix Rising, going to my parent's house is a big trigger for me as well. Good job setting the ground work ahead of time.
                        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Molly I think its the lovely weather we are having. Oh god i am bored now. Nothing on tv and too restless to read a book. must not eat biscuits...
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

K9 i wish I was in a reading mood.Nothing better than getting lost in a book...
                            not tonight I had a birthday party for my six year old a couple of months back. It was exhausting but really fun. Nobody liked my cake so i ate it all by myself ( took four days). Jeez i am waffling
                            Be strong-

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

Anybody here?
                              Be strong-

Comment

Plans for the Weekend?

actuelly..I am going to read my book now. Nite all
                                Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                                X