Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My AF Journey Journal

Hi Papmom.

Just read your extract of the conversation with your sister. Sounds like she is giong to be a valuable support system for you.
    It is good that you have been able to open up to someone who has known you all your life and genuinely cares for you.
    You are strong and I know you have a total commitment to staying sober. You have come so far and done so much to throw it all away now. I honestly believe you will stay sober.
    Want to catch up with Meech as I havent been on for a few days, so will catchya round.
    Hip
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

My AF Journey Journal

Hi Pap.

Thought I would have pages to read since I last visited your blog...... but no! Whats going on? Thought I would bump your thread up to page one again (from page 9!!) to remind you to post.

Hope you are doing well.

Hip x
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

My AF Journey Journal

hey Hipster!! So sorry for not posting. Been so busy these days that I find I only have the time or energy for the Monthly Abs thread. Things are going very well with me. I'm on vacation this week and it's already half over and nothing on my list is done!! In fact I'm heading out to yet another med appt (dentist).
        I had unexpected company yesterday-the friends I were dreading to have visit because of our massive wine drinking when together. It went absolutely fine!! Told them I'm not drinking anymore because of med reasons (true) but also gave them hints as to what my drinking was like. Last nite we had pizza and they brought out 3 bottles of beer and split it between them. I told them I was drinking lemonade and that was that. They were both sick so I don't think they wanted to overdo on AL anyway. Not sure how it would have been if they had been feeling 100%.
        We all turned in early and they left around 9:15 this morning. Joe helped me get rid of a nasty PC virus I picked up Monday morning so all is good.
        Tomorrow is beach day with Cheryl and one of her BCs and my DD (Koby). I found off leash ocean beaches about 1.5 hours from me and we will bring a picnic lunch. Can't wait!! Friday is hopefully garden shed clean out day then Sat I work and Sunday who knows??
        I got referrals from my MD who I saw on Monday for a followup for a chiropractor and a counselor so I need to make those appts for as soon as possible. Nutrition follow up on Monday I think. Like I said, busy busy!!
        How is the packing up for the big move going?
        :l Pam
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

My AF Journey Journal

Hi Pam....You are sounding wonderful! :l So glad to hear it. I read that you have a low sugar lemonade from Trader Joe's that you love. Please share. What kind is it? Frozen, fresh, powdered, etc? I'm trying to back away from caffeine so would love to hear about the lemonade.
          Great hearing from you all again. I've missed you & Hippy & Meech. I love your statement about getting the BGTP. Is that what it was? Big Girl Titanium Pants. I laughed & laughed. Well, I pulled on a pair and am trying them on for size. :h:h
          Take care!!!!:l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My AF Journey Journal

Hey Nora-how are you doing? Are the meds helping with the cravings? Sometimes the WTG attitude is too strong to resist but I think that is because we haven't found a different way of coping with whatever our triggers are. I'm glad I've found some different coping methods that are working for me (sugar sugar sugar) so far. And boy am I learning a ton about myself, both because I'm now AF and have to face the issues and also because of MWO and all you guys who listen to me rant and rave and help me work things out. I had to be really really ready, mentally and physically to go on this journey tho. And afraid. Fear was huge in me getting really serious about getting AF. Because of you and Molls and Hipster, I've taken the plunge and have my first counseling appt next week. I'm really looking forward to it!! Oh and the BGTP really do help!!
            The lemonade from TJs is in the juice isle in a bottle. It's Organic low sugar lemonade. You gotta try it!!

:l

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

My AF Journey Journal

Bump

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
              X